#1 Alabama vs #4 OU and #2 Clemson vs #4 Notre Dame (other bowl games)

RedZone

On 12/2/2018 at 10:40 AM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fix was in from the beginning, the scuttlebutt was no more All SEC final. 

Georgia pretty much helped that sentiment with the LSU loss, granted LSU was playing lights out at the time. 

BGW

My man, y'all have nobody to blame by yourself.  You guys had a big lead and alls you had to do was work the clock and punt.  Then you would be in.  Win, you're in.  But no.  Did not work out that way.  A wise man once said, control your destiny, or someone else will.  Peace in the middle east!!  I'm out.  Rackem!!!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 10:52 AM, Goldmember said:

It makes perfect sense based on the criteria that the committee laid out.

The criteria that you got wrong and/or tried to lie about yesterday.

This is what I have been screaming from the rooftops!!  The criteria has been clearly laid out way before the picks.  How hard is that to understand?  Nobody to blame but themselves for giving up a huge lead late in the game and trying to run a fake punt at mid-field. Lol.  Still can not believe they attempted that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

If Purdue can smoke OSU's D, I can only imagine what Ian B would do to them.  Ridiculous to think OSU should be in over ND. 

Not sure anyone said that. 

What has been said is that Ohio State and ND have two common opponents and Ohio State beat each much more convincingly than the Irish did. That's a simple fact.

Also, only a fool would pick ND over Ohio State in a game right now.

But ND went undefeated so I'm fine with them being in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, concha said:

Not sure anyone said that. 

What has been said is that Ohio State and ND have two common opponents and Ohio State beat each much more convincingly than the Irish did. That's a simple fact.

Also, only a fool would pick ND over Ohio State in a game right now.

But ND went undefeated so I'm fine with them being in.

ND is better than OSU on both sides of the line.  ND would beat OSU by at least 17.

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nd has 3 top 25 wins and they destroyed syracuse who gave Clemson a game 

Doesn't matter.  Ohio State shredded Michigan, and ND and Michigan are on par with each other.

Plus, Ohio State looks to be a match up problem for the Irish as they have too much speed for the ND defense to contain them.

13 minutes ago, ohio said:

Doesn't matter.  Ohio State shredded Michigan, and ND and Michigan are on par with each other.

Plus, Ohio State looks to be a match up problem for the Irish as they have too much speed for the ND defense to contain them.

I agree that Ohio state beat Notre dame if they have one of their better game. If the Ohio state team that shower up against purdue or maryland Notre dame has a real shot

• Like 1

All moot as Irish move on .... the X factor for ND is Book... extending plays with feet with throw first then run mentality ... has no problem putting in space when needed to his big WRs.... side note ... just think Kelly is the better X/Os coach then Clemson and in this case Brent venrables .... should be a great game ... have lots of respect for Dabo and Clemson ... saw a game at Death Valley back in the day .... 

13 hours ago, ohio said:

I'd imagine going into the game, Ohio State had too much speed for Purdue, too.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'd imagine going into the game, Ohio State had too much speed for Purdue, too.

Yep. Which is why I imagine if there were a rematch you wouldn't find too many folks popping down big bucks on Purdue. Would you? If you look at the three common opponents who beat Purdue, Ohio St went 3-0 against them and won by an average +19.

The only common point of reference between ND and the Buckeyes are Michigan and Northwestern.  ND won those games +7 and +10 in games which were undecided until very late. Ohio State won them +22 and +21. Those are not small differences.

58 minutes ago, concha said:

Yep. Which is why I imagine if there were a rematch you wouldn't find too many folks popping down big bucks on Purdue. Would you? If you look at the three common opponents who beat Purdue, Ohio St went 3-0 against them and won by an average +19.

The only common point of reference between ND and the Buckeyes are Michigan and Northwestern.  ND won those games +7 and +10 in games which were undecided until very late. Ohio State won them +22 and +21. Those are not small differences.

ND didn't give up an offensive touchdown to Michigan until there were 2 minutes left in the game.  Michigan was never in the game.  They were bullied for 55 minutes.

58 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

ND didn't give up an offensive touchdown to Michigan until there were 2 minutes left in the game.  Michigan was never in the game.  They were bullied for 55 minutes.

They led the whole game, though the 1st downs, yardage etc stats were virtually identical.

It was a one score game in the final 2-3 minutes.

Ohio State could have stopped scoring in the 3rd quarter. Their final 3 TDs in the 4th were gravy (and as many as ND managed in their whole game).

43 minutes ago, concha said:

They led the whole game, though the 1st downs, yardage etc stats were virtually identical.

It was a one score game in the final 2-3 minutes.

Ohio State could have stopped scoring in the 3rd quarter. Their final 3 TDs in the 4th were gravy (and as many as ND managed in their whole game).

It was a 2 score game until the final 2 minutes.  Ohio State had to keep scoring because their defense couldn't stop Michigan from scoring.  Those 21 4th quarter points were scored by the first team offense.  

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

It was a 2 score game until the final 2 minutes.  Ohio State had to keep scoring because their defense couldn't stop Michigan from scoring.  Those 21 4th quarter points were scored by the first team offense.  

SMDH

Ohio State had scored 41 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.  Michigan scored 39 all game. The Buckeyes managed ND's point production before halftime.

And the Irish had their 1st team offense in all game also.

ESPN Recap headlines: 

Green-out: No. 12 Notre Dame beats No. 14 Michigan 24-17

Buckeye blitz: No. 10 Ohio State blows out No. 4 Michigan