New Polls (2018-12-03)

dntn31

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

5 of 7 polls completed... USA Today and PrepNation to go...  Mater Dei #1 all 5 polls,  SJB #2 in 3 polls, Allen #2 in 2 polls.  

Lakeland is in 4 of 5 polls...  HSFBA (Fisher)  has them at #34 this week from #63 previous.  Highest rank,  PrepForce at #9 

About what I expected for the top 3.  Pretty much the same order I would have them.  However USA Today is always weird so they may come out with something to throw off the comp poll.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

About what I expected for the top 3.  Pretty much the same order I would have them.  However USA Today is always weird so they may come out with something to throw off the comp poll.  

1.  Allen   2.   Mater Dei   3.  SJB     .....  25.  Lakeland made it  

https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/18/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So MD is #1 in 6 of the 7 polls, assuming prepnation keeps them there since they were #1 last week.  

And you still must consider that Texas and Georgia are still playing ball. One holds the 2 spot at PrepNation and the other is within striking distance in some polls as well. 

Could be a crazy finish to the polls this season. It's gonna be difficult to explain having a two losser ahead of a undefeated Texas or Georgia team. 

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So MD is #1 in 6 of the 7 polls, assuming prepnation keeps them there since they were #1 last week.  

MD is 3-1 vs. top 5 composite/competition...  revenged SJB,  beat IMG, DLS   (assuming DLS stays in top 5, not tabulated yet).  

Nothing against Allen, but Halley missed the PAT... should be full 7.   Agreed @AztecPadre, Halley (USA Yesterday) has an odd look having Allen at #1 and Colquitt County at #10... maybe different eyeglass or contact lens prescription viewing games?  :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

And you still must consider that Texas and Georgia are still playing ball. One holds the 2 spot at PrepNation and the other is within striking distance in some polls as well. 

Could be a crazy finish to the polls this season. It's gonna be difficult to explain having a two losser ahead of a undefeated Texas or Georgia team. 

Not really.  1 was a forfeit for having an ineligible player who had zero impact on the game and the other was a loss to quite possible the #1b team in the nation.  Not difficult at all.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The only poll that a ga team has a chance in is prepnation, where they are #2 and Allen #1.  If Allen loses, then y'all could win that one.  

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not really.  1 was a forfeit for having an ineligible player who had zero impact on the game and the other was a loss to quite possible the #1b team in the nation.  Not difficult at all.  

Lol. 

2 losses on the record. While we can all understand the forfeit for che...Ahem... having an ineligible enter a game, they had a blow out loss to SJB. 

We that follow along all the time sort of understand, but, we aren't average fans. Think about the masses checking in and shaking their heads seeing a 2 loss ahead of multiple 15 or 16 and 0 teams.

• Thanks 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Lol. 

2 losses on the record. While we can all understand the forfeit for che...Ahem... having an ineligible enter a game, they had a blow out loss to SJB. 

We that follow along all the time sort of understand, but, we aren't average fans, think about the masses checking in and shaking their heads seeing a 2 loss ahead of multiple 15 or 16 and 0 teams.

Don't know what to tell ya.  I'm not the one heading up the 7 polls.  It is what it is. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Don't know what to tell ya.  I'm not the one heading up the 7 polls.  It is what it is. 

The point is, the season still potentially has two weeks. Here you are crowning a 2 loss champ. 

CP has SFA at 5. There is a chance Colquitt plays SFA on the 22nd. That may move some needles still as well. 

Possibly needles move at HSFA and CP due to Texas playoffs, Georgia playoffs and the Geico series.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The point is, the season still potentially has two weeks. Here you are crowning a 2 loss champ. 

CP has SFA at 5. There is a chance Colquitt plays SFA on the 22nd. That may move some needles still as well. 

Possibly needles move at HSFA and CP due to Texas playoffs, Georgia playoffs and the Geico series.

Lot of meat on the bone for CC... we will see how hungry they are per se.  

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Crowning a champ?  Please show me where I said anybody is the MNC.

• dntn31 unpinned this topic