Here we go again!

ron169

9 hours ago, ron169 said:

Looks like snow in Atlanta next Monday/Tuesday.

E3C4D71B-CB5B-4564-BA21-300DC323139A.png

I wonder if the GHSA is paying attention and swiftly working on a plan C that will negatively effect the Packers and the fans. 

Something to create some serious hardship on the entire school system like moving the game to midweek where the schools have to close for two days so the buses and drivers are available to make the trip and have adequate rest the following day. 

And now, sooo many parents have to scramble for sitters or daycare or miss work their own self to cover for the GHSA's inability to think around corners. They have tunnel vision and it sucks big time. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wonder if the GHSA is paying attention and swiftly working on a plan C that will negatively effect the Packers and the fans. 

Something to create some serious hardship on the entire school system like moving the game to midweek where the schools have to close for two days so the buses and drivers are available to make the trip and have adequate rest the following day. 

And now, sooo many parents have to scramble for sitters or daycare or miss work their own self to cover for the GHSA's inability to think around corners. They have tunnel vision and it sucks big time. 

The GHSA can't think further than their nose...

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

It's just a football game. 

And?

Of course it's just a football game. Duh. 

Well, it's actually 8 football games, but, anyway... 

I don't know what we would ever do without guys like you to simplify this shit for us. You sure you don't work for the GHSA? The amount of care and thought you put into this is probably similar to what they did. xD

When teams from two or more hours away are involved, and school systens only have so many buses and drivers, setting the "only a game" for midweek is pretty fucking dumb. 

Colquitt's game is at 8 p.m. on Wednesday night. It takes 12 buses to move all the personnel. It takes around 4 hours to get there. Those buses are gone, but, because of school the buses are also still needed to carry elementary kids etc. home and to school the next day. 

If the game is slated for 8, it probably won't start until 8:30ish or 9. Be over 11-12ish. 4 hours home. These buses won't get back to Moultrie until 3:30-5 a.m. 

There are kids at bus stops in Colquitt county at 5:30 a.m. and 12 buses and bus drivers going on no sleep on Wednesday night.

So basically school is dead for Wednesday and Thursday in Colquitt County because of "just a football game" and some poor decision by the GHSA. 

Idk a lot about a lot, but, I definitely assumed that shit like thinking these types of things out is why the GHSA guys made the big bucks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ron169 said:

And it’s not just Colquitt. Clinch, Irwin co, Bainbridge, Lee county, Warner Robins, and northside are all in the same boat. Thank god milton folks just have to eat a quick bite after dinner to make it to the game in time

I think what they should do is let the teams from South GA that are playing other South GA schools just host at their schools... 

Higher seed host of course. 

And in the case of Colquitt and Milton play at Mercer Stadium.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And?

I don't know what we would ever do without guys like you to simplify this shit for us. You sure you don't work for the GHSA? The amount of care and thought you put into this is probably similar to what they did. xD

When teams from two or more hours away are involved, and school systens only have so many buses and drivers, setting the "only a game" for midweek is pretty fucking dumb. 

Colquitt's game is at 8 p.m. on Wednesday night. It takes 12 buses to move all the personnel. It takes around 4 hours to get there. Those buses are gone, but, because of school the buses are also still needed to carry elementary kids etc. home and to school the next day. 

If the game is slated for 8, it probably won't start until 8:30ish or 9. Be over 11-12ish. 4 hours home. These buses won't get back to Moultrie until 3:30-5 a.m. 

There are kids at bus stops in Colquitt county at 5:30 a.m. and 12 buses and bus drivers going on no sleep on Wednesday night.

So basically school is dead for Wednesday and Thursday in Colquitt County because of "just a football game" and some poor decision by the GHSA. 

Idk a lot about a lot, but, I definitely assumed that shit like thinking these types of things out is why the GHSA guys made the big bucks.

Haha.  I was being facetious. I agree, y'all got screwed by GHSA.   

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I think what they should do is let the teams from South GA that are playing other South GA schools just host at their schools... 

Higher seed host of course. 

And in the case of Colquitt and Milton play at Mercer Stadium.

They caught a lot of flack last season for not being prepared with a good plan, and for leaving some teams to travel twice for the same game when some were already at the Benz. Fans were left with late cancellation bills on hotel reservations. Purchased tickets for an exhorbitant fee and then got stuck holding them. 

This year they at least tried to have a plan to keep the games in a neutral site, but, the middle of the week thing couldn't have been well thought out. Not at all. 

I'm sure they're thinking "damned if you do, damned if you don't" but really. The negative impact on working families down south is pretty large.

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And?

Why not Charter buses?  Especially for a trip that long. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They caught a lot of flack last season for not being prepared with a good plan, and for leaving some teams to travel twice for the same game when some were already at the Benz. Fans were left with late cancellation bills on hotel reservations. Purchased tickets for an exhorbitant fee and then got stuck holding them. 

This year they at least tried to have a plan to keep the games in a neutral site, but, the middle of the week thing couldn't have been well thought out. Not at all. 

Are ticket prices the same for the finals whether played at Benzo or a high school?

https://www.walb.com/2018/12/03/school-closures-ghsa-football-state-championships-atl/?outputType=amp

This covers the south Georgia schools and what dates they're closing etc. 

Left to scramble are parents that may or may not even care about football. Football seems to stay under attack from these types that don't like it already, now, we're giving them two days of paying daycare or missing work or whatever to pile on to their angst against the programs already, so the GHSA can use the Benz and get them T.V. dollars. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

12 buses? Idk what that would cost versus sending the yellows to be honest. I assume someone thought that out and made a decision.

Would make for a lot more of a comfortable ride there and back.  The GHSA should pay for this.  I'm sure they have the extra scratch from the ticket and ad money.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

12 buses? Man I remember Cocoa had such a small roster they would need only 1 bus and sill have room to pick up some hippy hitchhikers!!!

I've never counted the actual number. Some release from the school system said 12. 

I think the football team fills out 4 or 5. The band fills out around the same number. 

At least one for cheer. 

That's 11 easily. 

And yes. They're all going. They're all gonna go, because they've all been a part of everything football related game wise all year. 

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not trying to be a smartass here, but are you saying the team uses the same yellow school busses that the school kids do?  

I’ve gone to a lot of honor bowl games out this way and see mostly chartered luxury coaches when teams are traveling good distances.

23 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Not trying to be a smartass here, but are you saying the team uses the same yellow school busses that the school kids do?  

I’ve gone to a lot of honor bowl games out this way and see mostly chartered luxury coaches when teams are traveling good distances.

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying. 

Idk exactly why we aren't chartering buses. I've heard lots of things though. Things like, if you charter them for the team, you also have to charter for the band and cheer. That type of stuff. 

We used school buses in my day, and they still do today. Of course the new ones have a/c and tinted glass. 

A lot of the teams that come down to Moultrie are coming on charters to travel the same distance we ride the cheese boxes for. I'm guessing we have the money designated for other things. 

I don't know much about the financial decisions from the school system or td club. I don't usually bother to ask either because it doesn't make a lot of difference to me. We ride the cheese boxes, get off, walk by your charter bus, kick your ass, walk back by your charter, load up on the cheese box and head home. xD

• Thanks 1

I know that after the team went to Hoover (over 5 hours away) on the old cheese boxes and there was several cramping issues etc. during that game, Rush said never again would he take the team that type distance on a regular school bus. 

The following year there was a few new school buses with a/c entered into the fleet. Now the majority have a/c. 

We haven't travelled that type distance again since either, so, perhaps some charters would be on order for that type distance next time. Idk. 

Moultrie is silly politically as it pertains to that type stuff. 

In spite of the football program being far and away the big bread winner for the athletic dept. there is always all of this jockeying in the community about who, what and why football gets this, that and the other while this sport or that sport only gets this. 

There is always squeaky wheel needing and getting grease. So in spite of what outside perception has been of the football program here, it doesn't get whatever it wants whenever it wants. 

So the thinking is that the players prefer the cheese wagons because they sit one per set and ca. Stretch their legs out. Furthermore, the money that could have been spent on charter buses is spent on hotel cost the night before the game. But hawg is right, hawg air comes to town on cheese wagons

• Like 1