STA (13-1) vs. Lakeland (14-0), 7A title game analysis

badrouter

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

But, if he comes back after the game and tries to tell us he "knew" what was going to happen, let it be shown he wasn't willing to share that before the game. 

I do know that Lakeland is overrated by you and is not nearly as talented as you think.

And I must have missed your post detailing what you "know" will happen. All I see are a bunch of hedges and pussyfooting. 

You want so badly to say that Lakeland will win. So just go ahead and say it.

44 minutes ago, Goldmember said:

AND, you so badly want to say STA will crush Lakeland and put a "running clock" on em' because that's what great teams do, right Chief Running Clock?...So just go ahead and say it.

chief-running-clock.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, RedZone said:

AND, you so badly want to say STA will crush Lakeland and put a "running clock" on em' because that's what great teams do, right Chief Running Clock?...So just go ahead and say it.

If I wanted to say something, then I would say it.

Why not?

I'm such a spring flower, right?

And I've never said that a running clock would happen in any game this year. I merely point it out when it happens and explain to goobers like you what it means.

• Thumbs Down 1

10 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Not nearly as expected as you dodging all message boards after Lakeland shrunk into irrelevancy.

I left however many years ago for the same reason I'll be leaving shortly after this weekend: High school sports have turned into garbage. Complete and utter trash. We have a team in Lakeland who's got several transfer starters, is 14-0, has beaten every single team they've played by at least three scores-something that may have never happened in Florida through 14 games-, put running clocks on all but three teams, has at least 8 players with Power 5 offers...and people like you are quick to point out they're "not very good". This message board barely even acknowledges that they are even playing in a title game. Why? Because their opponent is a massively rich private school in an urban area that now regularly trots out more than twenty (20) players with Power 5 offers. Not because they develop them from scratch; because they attract a disproportionate number of stud players within a large urban area. It's fucking stupid. 

But, for one last season, I'm here because I'm interested to see how the deepest, most talented team in Lakeland history can do against you. Truth is, Lakeland will never be able to assemble any more talent than what this squad has. At least not while also maintaining good team chemistry and good coaching. There just aren't 20+ Power 5 players coming out of Polk County on a yearly basis; it's not nearly as populated as Dade or Broward. But, this year we have about the best we could ever hope to have. Maybe, just maybe, we can pull it off and win another title. I'll be yelling my lungs out at my TV tomorrow. Hope I don't smash my TV screen at any point. I've got to maintain some composure. Just like Lakeland will have to do.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Because their opponent is a massively rich private school in an urban area that now regularly trots out more than twenty (20) players with Power 5 offers. Not because they develop them from scratch; because they attract a disproportionate number of stud players within a large urban area. It's fucking stupid.

There's the whiner that I remember from long ago.

• Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I left however many years ago for the same reason I'll be leaving shortly after this weekend: High school sports have turned into garbage. Complete and utter trash. We have a team in Lakeland who's got several transfer starters, is 14-0, has beaten every single team they've played by at least three scores-something that may have never happened in Florida through 14 games-, put running clocks on all but three teams, has at least 8 players with Power 5 offers...and people like you are quick to point out they're "not very good". This message board barely even acknowledges that they are even playing in a title game. Why? Because their opponent is a massively rich private school in an urban area that now regularly trots out more than twenty (20) players with Power 5 offers. Not because they develop them from scratch; because they attract a disproportionate number of stud players within a large urban area. It's fucking stupid. 

But, for one last season, I'm here because I'm interested to see how the deepest, most talented team in Lakeland history can do against you. Truth is, Lakeland will never be able to assemble any more talent than what this squad has. At least not while also maintaining good team chemistry and good coaching. There just aren't 20+ Power 5 players coming out of Polk County on a yearly basis; it's not nearly as populated as Dade or Broward. But, this year we have about the best we could ever hope to have. Maybe, just maybe, we can pull it off and win another title. I'll be yelling my lungs out at my TV tomorrow. Hope I don't smash my TV screen at any point. I've got to maintain some composure. Just like Lakeland will have to do.

Most people here have some knowledge 

Los is one of the few who don't 

13 hours ago, Goldmember said:

I do know that Lakeland is overrated by you and is not nearly as talented as you think.

And I must have missed your post detailing what you "know" will happen. All I see are a bunch of hedges and pussyfooting. 

I've now edited the original post and offered my prediction. Check it out!

18 minutes ago, RedZone said:

...... stream for this game? Florida used to stream their state champ games on Bright House or something like that..

It's on spectrum sports app. I don't think it's on an actual channel, at least not outside of Florida. I'm anticipating using the browser on my flat screen and streaming it there. Have to go back and figure it out!

3 hours ago, badrouter said:

It's on spectrum sports app. I don't think it's on an actual channel, at least not outside of Florida. I'm anticipating using the browser on my flat screen and streaming it there. Have to go back and figure it out!

Spectrum only offered on TV in Central Florida 

Otherwise you have to watch it online which is kinda pathetic 

Should at least be on a TV channel carried statewide 

18 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Spectrum only offered on TV in Central Florida 

Otherwise you have to watch it online which is kinda pathetic 

Should at least be on a TV channel carried statewide 

Facts are, making people pay to watch these games REDUCES interest, which will in turn reduce revenue. For every person parting ways with $10 to watch a game, you have 5 more people who would've watched and now will find something else to do.