Trump ending American troop presence in Syria

Bormio

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And moving to do the same in Afghanistan.  Will piss off his domestic allies, and led to Mattis exiting.  But is it not time?  Will he get credit from the left?

Yes that is exactly why Mattis left. Oh well next guy up. Nobody is going to lose sleep over Mattis leaving. 

We thank him graciously for his time in the administration and it's time to move forward to the next guy that will lead the troops. 

3 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The anti-neo con move will be called abandoning our allies by the left.

Which is ridiculous. Mattis was retired before trump named him to his position. So he did his time. There were differences in opinion Mattis decided he needed to move on. 

This is business. People come and go. 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Which is ridiculous. Mattis was retired before trump named him to his position. So he did his time. There were differences in opinion Mattis decided he needed to move on. 

This is business. People come and go. 

Mattis did the right thing.  He disagreed strongly - so he quit.  Routinely happens in Britain - almost never here.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

And moving to do the same in Afghanistan.  Will piss off his domestic allies, and led to Mattis exiting.  But is it not time?  Will he get credit from the left?

Credit?

It's as foolish and far more impulsive than Obie pulling the plug and we all know that was a disaster. 

Credit? For what exactly? For furthering Putin agenda? You don't think Putin got word t him that he wants us out? 

20 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Credit?

It's as foolish and far more impulsive than Obie pulling the plug and we all know that was a disaster. 

Credit? For what exactly? For furthering Putin agenda? You don't think Putin got word t him that he wants us out? 

Or maybe he don’t like seeing our troops die with their hands tied over there. We should put a full force in there and clean house or no one at all. It’s bs that we have small taskforce in these areas and losing troops in small skirmishes. 

7 hours ago, noonereal said:

Credit?

So now the left is more than willing to toss away all their 'moral high ground' of anti-war and peace....

for partisanship....

Pretty much how you can see that the Dems are self destructing....no longer a set of political morals...just a group of people who can't commit to any....

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Come on man, the guy is Satan and you damned well know it. 

Funny tho….he at least sticks to his morals....

…..unlike those waffling, to suit their own interest morals, of the Lefties....

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

Or maybe he don’t like seeing our troops die with their hands tied over there. We should put a full force in there and clean house or no one at all. It’s bs that we have small taskforce in these areas and losing troops in small skirmishes. 

The fact that we don’t know why he did this and neither do SR members of his cabinet is off putting.

What do you call a person that makes decisions with no input from others, seemingly in isolation and won’t communicate to the public that decision?  

Just now, Horsefly said:

The fact that we don’t know why he did this and neither do SR members of his cabinet is off putting.<<yes agree

What do you call a person that makes decisions with no input from others, seemingly in isolation and won’t communicate to the public that decision?  

I'd probably call that person very smart....lol....Just sayin'🤣

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

How do you or anyone say this with a straight face? 

EASY...…...HIS morals may not be yours....yet apparently you toss yours aside at the drop of a hat...

BTW: did you know that Hitler was probably one of the most 'moralistic' persons you would ever meet? just sayin'

So...…. just let me know when you Lefties are back on the 'make love not war' train.....not pro-Syrian war advocates...

Kind of hard to keep track based on the day of the week...

• Like 1

Typical Trump hate. First it was Trump was going to start nuclear war and is a war monger. Now it’s hes pulling our troops to help Putin.  

I’m not a fan of way Trump acts but do like lot of what he does. Ive done 2 tours in Middle East, I’ve lost friends over there, have friends that are disabled for life from there and can’t even communicate with their families. I have friends with very bad PTSD that can barely function now as a civilian. So, yes, I am glad we are pulling troops. Most civilians prob don’t know that the military’s hands are tied over there with man power and RoE. I’m 100% for pulling every troop we have home. Regroup and reorganize and let our “Great” allies do the work.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NorCalRuss said:

Typical Trump hate. First it was Trump was going to start nuclear war and is a war monger. Now it’s hes pulling our troops to help Putin.  

I’m not a fan of way Trump acts but do like lot of what he does. Ive done 2 tours in Middle East, I’ve lost friends over there, have friends that are disabled for life from there and can’t even communicate with their families. I have friends with very bad PTSD that can barely function now as a civilian. So, yes, I am glad we are pulling troops. Most civilians prob don’t know that the military’s hands are tied over there with man power and RoE. I’m 100% for pulling every troop we have home. Regroup and reorganize and let our “Great” allies do the work.

The solution to every conflict in the world is to not send our military - especially to fight in insurgent and irregular wars.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

The unfortunate truth is this action jeopardizes the stability of our military industrial complex.  We (military) justify our existence from the threat of war or actual conflict.  Casualties, unfortunately,  are only seen as a tolerable loss in achieving that stability.  

• Like 1

Andrew Sullivan gives Trump credit.  Some strange bedfellows are about to get together.  Neo-conservatives are going to howl bloody murder, but they have become a caricature of themselves - never seeing a war they did not like.  A long way from their anti-communist roots.  Trump is wresting control of the GOP from them - and he is going to win.

5 hours ago, Troll said:

EASY...…...HIS morals may not be yours....yet apparently you toss yours aside at the drop of a hat...

BTW: did you know that Hitler was probably one of the most 'moralistic' persons you would ever meet? just sayin'

So...…. just let me know when you Lefties are back on the 'make love not war' train.....not pro-Syrian war advocates...

Kind of hard to keep track based on the day of the week...

If only Darth Vader hadn't had that moment of 'moral weakness', he may have been as 'morally admirable' as Hitler.