[TX] North Shore/Duncanville Live Stream (Youtube)

10 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Actually it’s 3 because I don’t think SFA would fair that well against the other 4 either 

I think them not playing a real schedule this season really affected their play, 7 and a half games makes it difficult to have discipline and good execution needed for that level. But if they want to be an IMG clone scheduling will be a problem for them in the future.  

Just now, Bamarod said:

I think them not playing a real schedule this season really affected their play, 7 and a half games makes it difficult to have discipline and good execution needed for that level. But if they want to be an IMG clone scheduling will be a problem for them in the future.  

They are cut from the same cloth as MD, IMG and that type. 

They'll always out talent lesser teams and struggle against the top flight publics. 

This is why the whole MNC deal is lame....

How do you say that Any Team is better then Duncanville who Beat Allen and just lost on a Hail Mary?....

I don’t see any difference between them, MD, SJB, And IMG... 

If I have to Pick a Team it goes to MD because they Beat IMG and Bosco... And beating “The Real CC”, Bosco and DLS in 3 straight games is as impressive a playoff run as it gets....

I don’t Like polls and MNC’s... So I say congrats to all the great teams and thank you for some great football this year!!!.... 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You really think a team with two losses (including a forfeiture loss) deserves to be a MNC? That's rewarding cheating! Bad messaging IMO. Not good for hsfb. 

You really think a MNC can be crowned without playing any other top OOS teams in this era of football? IMO if you don’t play top OOS team, you can be your state champ but not MNC  

Do you think this team would beat SJB x 2, or MD, IMG, C-10 and DLS? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

You really think a MNC can be crowned without playing any other top OOS teams in this era of football? IMO if you don’t play top OOS team, you can be your state champ but not MNC  

Do you think this team would beat SJB x 2, or MD, IMG, C-10 and DLS? 

Did anyone beat SJB ×2? 

I'd bet on similar results in the least. There is really no way to be honest and say they couldn't. 

Like I said up above somewhere, the pollsters literally have to make shit up to separate these teams now. 

Just pretend Sammy is a real pollster. Go read the tiers thread and look at all the logic gymnastics and twister he has to do to defend certain teams in certain tiers. 

Now take that next level and start separating specific teams from each other all across the country while them not having played. 

Think of the logic and mental twister going on to separate and create a poll saying any one of those teams is better than the other. Even MD and SJB split their series. Can we honestly say that second matchup, DLS may not win a tight game? 

I think maybe they could. 

Same goes down the board with several of the top programs in the country. 

We don't get to see them all play... some twice... to get an idea realistically, so we make a bunch of shit up and call it the USAT poll of record or whatever. Hahaha.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did anyone beat SJB ×2? 

I'd bet on similar results in the least. There is really no way to be honest and say they couldn't. 

Like I said up above somewhere, the pollsters literally have to make shit up to separate these teams now. 

Just pretend Sammy is a real pollster. Go read the tiers thread and look at all the logic gymnastics and twister he has to do to defend certain teams in certain tiers. 

Now take that next level and start separating specific teams from each other all across the country while them not having played. 

Think of the logic and mental twister going on to separate and create a poll saying any one of those teams is better than the other. Even MD and SJB split their series. Can we honestly say that second matchup, DLS may not win a tight game? 

We don't get to see them all play... some twice... to get an idea realistically, so we make a bunch of shit up and call it the USAT poll of record or whatever. Hahaha.

Dude.... Awesome Post!!!... What you say above describes why I like the TIERS on this board so much!... Especially with all of Sammy’s “Mental Gymnastics” or “Gyrations”....🙂

You are spot on about Polls... You can maybe rank the top 10 and be pretty accurate but to me everything after that is a crap shoot....

I like the TIERS because It compares whether teams can “Play On The Same Level” with each other as opposed to “Who would win”....

Its just impossible to say who would win when comparing all these great teams... 🙂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did anyone beat SJB ×2? 

Mr Buzz kill.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Did anyone beat SJB ×2? 

No one did beat SJB x2, that was part of the point. MD had a monster schedule so they shouldn’t be penalized for 1 loss in 5-6 top 10 games.  

NS didn’t schedule IMG, SJB, MD, STA, or any other top OOS team. They didn’t schedule a MNC schedule. They can be Texas state champs as earned  Would’ve could’ve should’ve but they didn’t schedule big  

This is the new era of HS football where some teams may play many top 10 games in a year and losing will occur. They won at the end when it matters vs SJB who previously beat them. 

The forfeit loss wasn’t for “cheating”. So that’s a non issue imo. I’m not a fan of these all star teams but MD earned the MNC this year imo. They built a schedule that not many if any can match. That’s what separates them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Dude.... Awesome Post!!!... What you say above describes why I like the TIERS on this board so much!... Especially with all of Sammy’s “Mental Gymnastics” or “Gyrations”....🙂

You are spot on about Polls... You can maybe rank the top 10 and be pretty accurate but to me everything after that is a crap shoot....

I like the TIERS because It compares whether teams can “Play On The Same Level” with each other as opposed to “Who would win”....

Its just impossible to say who would win when comparing all these great teams... 🙂

Agree but you can look at who teams scheduled and who had a tougher-better year. 

Are we voting on who we think is the best team or who had the best resume and year. 2 different things. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Agree but you can look at who teams scheduled and who had a tougher-better year. 

Are we voting on who we think is the best team or who had the best resume and year. 2 different things. 

I agree with this!!!... Which is why I would Crown MD the National Champ This Year, Hands Down!....

But if it were Bosco for example, you could argue for TX... SJB didn’t beat IMG, MD did... To me Duncanville was as impressive as those 3 teams so it is subjective at that point.... 🙂

You are Spot in though about the scheduling... MD Stepped up the schedule and SJB is in their Leage and Playoff Bracket!...

So on the field, MD is the MNC and that is undisputed....🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ararar said:

So is Duncanville but 🤷🏽‍♂️ Ya know 

They are not pandering for a mythical state championship.  

They also lost by 5, on the last play of the game, not by 19....  

Not sure if you know, but that’s 2 Touchdowns, and 2 xtra pts.  

-19..... not sure you deserve it, even if it is mythical.

40 minutes ago, FloTex said:

They are not pandering for a mythical state championship.  

They also lost by 5, on the last play of the game, not by 19....  

Not sure if you know, but that’s 2 Touchdowns, and 2 xtra pts.  

-19..... not sure you deserve it, even if it is mythical.

They lost the championship game they should have won.They sure seemed like the better team .I don’t see a difference in your theory.

7 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

No one did beat SJB x2, that was part of the point. MD had a monster schedule so they shouldn’t be penalized for 1 loss in 5-6 top 10 games.  

NS didn’t schedule IMG, SJB, MD, STA, or any other top OOS team. They didn’t schedule a MNC schedule. They can be Texas state champs as earned  Would’ve could’ve should’ve but they didn’t schedule big  

This is the new era of HS football where some teams may play many top 10 games in a year and losing will occur. They won at the end when it matters vs SJB who previously beat them. 

The forfeit loss wasn’t for “cheating”. So that’s a non issue imo. I’m not a fan of these all star teams but MD earned the MNC this year imo. They built a schedule that not many if any can match. That’s what separates them. 

They had a monster schedule because we have elevated the teams they play above most all others... how? 

Mental gymnastics and made up bullshit. Haha. 

They earned nothing really. They played a few teams that people say are better than 15000 other teams that they'll never play. 

We forgive one team a loss, then drop another team for a loss. Logic not present. 

I'm sort of picking on Jamie's poll here, but, MD in first with a loss and a * then drop Colquitt and Milton behind Lee because Lee is undefeated in Georgia, inspite of us saying Lee doesn't belong ahead. 

Explain why this is happening? Two apparently different logics being applied in the same poll just opposite coasts. 

Why though? Because he didn't elevate Archer and Hillgrove or Parkview to the same extent as those Cali teams. Why though? 

The thing with USAT saying they left MD behind SJB due to not matching up man for man while tossing game plan and coaching out with the bath water. 

Trying to use common opponents, score differentials while ignoring game plan and stylistic differences in one case, then deciding one team finished another quicker or whatever other nonsensical shit...

Pretty much makes the way I look at the polls turn very critical. 

At the least, maintain a solid logic throughout. 

I'd like the tiers if there was one solid logic applied. When tested, the mental and logical twister occurs. Kills it. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Ararar said:

They lost the championship game they should have won.They sure seemed like the better team .I don’t see a difference in your theory.

They were down 9 at the half and should have been worse.  They were better the 2nd half, North Shore was better the 1st half.  North Shore won.

Ducanville lost a real title, on the field.  They won’t get a chance to beat North Shore by 1(be -4 on the year) and claim to be superior, or even mythical national champions.

37 minutes ago, FloTex said:

They were down 9 at the half and should have been worse.  They were better the 2nd half, North Shore was better the 1st half.  North Shore won.

Ducanville lost a real title, on the field.  They won’t get a chance to beat North Shore by 1(be -4 on the year) and claim to be superior, or even mythical national champions.

There’s only one reason they won’t and that reason is they didn’t play anyone but each other.If Duncanville or NS had played IMG and BG as well as each other and won the MNC would be sitting firmly in Texas right now 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They had a monster schedule because we have elevated the teams they play above most all others... how? 

I'd like the tiers if there was one solid logic applied. When tested, the mental and logical twister occurs. Kills it. 

You love The Tiers concept.   Like all of us you sometimes don’t agree with every placement, but grudgingly admit generally they are on point.

Fact is mental gymnastics are required when doing calculus, or deciding on ability of HS teams that never play each other or have common opponents. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They earned nothing really. They played a few teams that people say are better than 15000 other teams that they'll never play. 

We forgive one team a loss, then drop another team for a loss. Logic not present. 

I'm sort of picking on Jamie's poll here, but, MD in first with a loss and a * then drop Colquitt and Milton behind Lee because Lee is undefeated in Georgia, inspite of us saying Lee doesn't belong ahead. 

Explain why this is happening? Two apparently different logics being applied in the same poll just opposite coasts. 

Why though? Because he didn't elevate Archer and Hillgrove or Parkview to the same extent as those Cali teams. Why though? 

The thing with USAT saying they left MD behind SJB due to not matching up man for man while tossing game plan and coaching out with the bath water. 

Trying to use common opponents, score differentials while ignoring game plan and stylistic differences in one case, then deciding one team finished another quicker or whatever other nonsensical shit...

Pretty much makes the way I look at the polls turn very critical. 

At the least, maintain a solid logic throughout. 

That’s why I like a combo of who had the “best” season and who do you think would win between them. I realize we don’t know who would win unless teams played but that’s what we do since childhood and a few teams mentioned didn’t schedule a difficult oos or non league team. It’s obvious teams like IMG,MD, SJB, STA, top Texas teams, etc are loaded with talent so up at top. 

Do you feel in this era of hsfb a team should have to play an oos game to be MNC?