Trump blackmailed?

noonereal

20 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

It’s the opposite for all of you that hate him. He can’t do no right... He pulls troops from Syria and its because he’s being blackmailed.....He does anything for a minority and it’s becais he’s a racist and just doing it for show. 

He wants our country to be America first and he’s a dictator.... When this country gives astronomical amount to aid to other counties and Trillions in the hole. 

I’m  hoping one day for him to tweet Oxygen is amazing.... 😂

For the record, and I've said this many times, I do not hate Trump.  It simply does not make sense for me to hate anybody.  Having said that, just because the title of the OP mentioned blackmail does not mean that this is the universal opinion.  

Personally, what I find disturbing is the fact that Trump does not listen to his advisers, experts or anybody who might have better knowledge of a particular subject.  Instead Trump seems to think he is the smartest person about every subject.  He alone can fix the problems of America according to him.  Do you not think that is an incredible thing to say?  I do.  

As for Syria, once we went in we should have done so without tying our military's hands behind their backs so to speak.  And leaving, especially like we did, puts the people who are doing the heavy lifting (Kurds) to fend for themselves.  We have a bad habit of doing that to groups of people who have bled for us and not just Trump either but many administrations.

The amount of $$ we give to other countries is a very small amount and the reasons we give it are sound.  At least they used to be sound reasons as we have never viewed these things as a zero sum game and have understood the complex and nuanced nature of dealing with other countries.  And the tax cut to the ridiculously rich was of no benefit to us citizens.  Nothing but the rich doing for the rich and the hell with us average citizens.  

As for Trump being called a racist...I'll just say that it would have gone a long way if Trump would have rejected the march in Charlotte and not equated both sides.  If he would not talk the way he does would also go along way.  Sometimes people just have to sleep in the bed they themselves made.  Whether or not Trump is racist (I believe he is) one thing is for certain, white supremacist, racist, etc all support Trump.  If I was a republican I would do everything I could do denounce these people.  I'd do it every day if I had too because I want nothing to do with them and want them to have nothing to do with me.  Trump has not done this.  

Trump has not once reached out to 'ALL' Americans but instead has just been catering to his base.  Maybe because he believes those not in his base do not believe a word he says anyway so why bother.  I know I do not believe anything he says and how could I with all the untruths he says.  I believe that if your word isn't shit then you are not worth shit.  I would think that Trump supporters would think that way about most everybody else they might meet that if they constantly lied you would not respect them or give them the time of day.  But not Trump.  He can and does lie constantly and he gets a pass every time and I can't understand why.

There is so many things that I disagree with about Trump and it's not always what he does but how he does it.  With every President, there are things and policies that I disagree with, some more than others, but I never was concerned about the 'how' until Trump.  Societal norms and Presidential norms were normalized for a reason and they were good reasons.  We can still renegotiate trade policy and commitments, that is fine but to treat our allies like he does and treat our adversaries like he does is unnecessary and unhelpful.  Trump actually said he loved NK leader Kim.  Really?  

We need to stop looking at our political opponents as bad people with evil intentions who want nothing more than to destroy our country.  We need to get back to a country whose future is determined by it's people and not by big corporations which do not have our best interest in mind.  We need to have the voters choose leaders instead of leaders choosing their voters.  We need to make sure every vote counts and that people are not disenfranchised.  We need to have an immigration policy that makes sense and that works, while protecting citizens and at the same time show compassion for those who are truly desperate.  We need to separate church and state again and stop letting the damn church dictate who should be loved and who should be hated.  We need to stop placing so much value on the almighty $$ and place value on people where it belongs.  We need to take better care of the environment and stop polluting the only home we have.  

I am not a Clinton devotee and don't believe we should be devotee's of any politician and should not place any individual in a position where they are supported at the cost of our own integrity and honesty.  We can't even agree on facts in this country anymore.  Facts are facts and that should be the easiest lift for us but it is not.  How can we ever have a dialogue when the facts are constantly in question.  Fake news is total bullshit.  It should be called 'news that I don't like to hear but is the truth'.  I get that the media is effin annoying and they are most definitely over the top with the coverage but they do not put out fake news or news that is flat out wrong.  If they did and did not immediately correct it then they would not be in business for very long.  

These things are dangerous to this country and the most dangerous is the attack on our free press as the enemy of the people.  The attack on our institutions, FBI, intelligence agencies, individual citizens, celebrities, gold star families- all of this is unhelpful to this country.  If one were to truly care about this country, I believe, they would not do these things but these things are happening and Trump supporters are silent on it.  You can still be against this and still support Trump at the same time and am curious as to why this is so.

I'll leave comments about Putin and Russia alone until the Mueller report comes out but I will add one thing.  It is my belief that no matter if the report is damning and shows collusion/treason or whatever- Trump supporters will still not care and will still support him.  I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am.  

The latest effort on Judicial reform is a great thing and I give Trump credit for this.  We can always do more but this is a great first step in what is hopefully many steps to come.  

End of long rant.  Hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you and your family enjoy as much joy and love as possible.  

• Like 1

@World Citizen

Trump does listen to his advisers - some of them some of the time.  He listened to Mattis at times, other times not.  Roosevelt always set it up to have advisers disagree - and he made the decision.  The difference was the losing side did not run to the press 90 minutes later.

Sure Trump can be blunt, abrasive and harsh with allies.  Maybe he should do what the EU is doing to May - smile sweetly, offer platitudes and then f**k her from behind.

1 hour ago, Sportsnut said:

Trumps ass is finished. 

He has nothing and no one. 

The party is turning on him and his stay in favor is waning. 

Look at the polls. 

Check public opinion..

The govt. will reopen and he will be sent on his merry way as soon as people stop getting paid. 

That is when the change comes.

Dumbass,

Trump's polling is roughly where it's been for the past several months, which is itself better than it was last year.  You are an uninformed imbecile.

The partial government shutdown is meaningless and is actually just fine with conservatives.  Only non-essential government functions shut down. And if they are non-essential then frankly they shouldn't exist anyway.

Queue a retarded haiku...

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

For the record, and I've said this many times, I do not hate Trump.  It simply does not make sense for me to hate anybody.  Having said that, just because the title of the OP mentioned blackmail does not mean that this is the universal opinion.  

Personally, what I find disturbing is the fact that Trump does not listen to his advisers, experts or anybody who might have better knowledge of a particular subject.  Instead Trump seems to think he is the smartest person about every subject.  He alone can fix the problems of America according to him.  Do you not think that is an incredible thing to say?  I do.  

As for Syria, once we went in we should have done so without tying our military's hands behind their backs so to speak.  And leaving, especially like we did, puts the people who are doing the heavy lifting (Kurds) to fend for themselves.  We have a bad habit of doing that to groups of people who have bled for us and not just Trump either but many administrations.

The amount of $$ we give to other countries is a very small amount and the reasons we give it are sound.  At least they used to be sound reasons as we have never viewed these things as a zero sum game and have understood the complex and nuanced nature of dealing with other countries.  And the tax cut to the ridiculously rich was of no benefit to us citizens.  Nothing but the rich doing for the rich and the hell with us average citizens.  

As for Trump being called a racist...I'll just say that it would have gone a long way if Trump would have rejected the march in Charlotte and not equated both sides.  If he would not talk the way he does would also go along way.  Sometimes people just have to sleep in the bed they themselves made.  Whether or not Trump is racist (I believe he is) one thing is for certain, white supremacist, racist, etc all support Trump.  If I was a republican I would do everything I could do denounce these people.  I'd do it every day if I had too because I want nothing to do with them and want them to have nothing to do with me.  Trump has not done this.  

Trump has not once reached out to 'ALL' Americans but instead has just been catering to his base.  Maybe because he believes those not in his base do not believe a word he says anyway so why bother.  I know I do not believe anything he says and how could I with all the untruths he says.  I believe that if your word isn't shit then you are not worth shit.  I would think that Trump supporters would think that way about most everybody else they might meet that if they constantly lied you would not respect them or give them the time of day.  But not Trump.  He can and does lie constantly and he gets a pass every time and I can't understand why.

There is so many things that I disagree with about Trump and it's not always what he does but how he does it.  With every President, there are things and policies that I disagree with, some more than others, but I never was concerned about the 'how' until Trump.  Societal norms and Presidential norms were normalized for a reason and they were good reasons.  We can still renegotiate trade policy and commitments, that is fine but to treat our allies like he does and treat our adversaries like he does is unnecessary and unhelpful.  Trump actually said he loved NK leader Kim.  Really?  

We need to stop looking at our political opponents as bad people with evil intentions who want nothing more than to destroy our country.  We need to get back to a country whose future is determined by it's people and not by big corporations which do not have our best interest in mind.  We need to have the voters choose leaders instead of leaders choosing their voters.  We need to make sure every vote counts and that people are not disenfranchised.  We need to have an immigration policy that makes sense and that works, while protecting citizens and at the same time show compassion for those who are truly desperate.  We need to separate church and state again and stop letting the damn church dictate who should be loved and who should be hated.  We need to stop placing so much value on the almighty $$ and place value on people where it belongs.  We need to take better care of the environment and stop polluting the only home we have.  

I am not a Clinton devotee and don't believe we should be devotee's of any politician and should not place any individual in a position where they are supported at the cost of our own integrity and honesty.  We can't even agree on facts in this country anymore.  Facts are facts and that should be the easiest lift for us but it is not.  How can we ever have a dialogue when the facts are constantly in question.  Fake news is total bullshit.  It should be called 'news that I don't like to hear but is the truth'.  I get that the media is effin annoying and they are most definitely over the top with the coverage but they do not put out fake news or news that is flat out wrong.  If they did and did not immediately correct it then they would not be in business for very long.  

These things are dangerous to this country and the most dangerous is the attack on our free press as the enemy of the people.  The attack on our institutions, FBI, intelligence agencies, individual citizens, celebrities, gold star families- all of this is unhelpful to this country.  If one were to truly care about this country, I believe, they would not do these things but these things are happening and Trump supporters are silent on it.  You can still be against this and still support Trump at the same time and am curious as to why this is so.

I'll leave comments about Putin and Russia alone until the Mueller report comes out but I will add one thing.  It is my belief that no matter if the report is damning and shows collusion/treason or whatever- Trump supporters will still not care and will still support him.  I hope I am wrong but I don't think I am.  

The latest effort on Judicial reform is a great thing and I give Trump credit for this.  We can always do more but this is a great first step in what is hopefully many steps to come.  

End of long rant.  Hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you and your family enjoy as much joy and love as possible.  

Very well said! Kudos, an adult post on this board is very refreshing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, concha said:

What a wonderful Christmas.

The Hysterical Middle School Girl Posse in a competition to see who can hysterically soil themselves the most.

😁

It's been a real hoot watching you rationalize life with the economy and claiming everyone else is unhinged except YOU....

Hopefully though....you can come up with some new and improved material for 2019. We can only pray!

12 hours ago, Bormio said:

@World Citizen

Trump does listen to his advisers - some of them some of the time.  He listened to Mattis at times, other times not.  Roosevelt always set it up to have advisers disagree - and he made the decision.  The difference was the losing side did not run to the press 90 minutes later.

Sure Trump can be blunt, abrasive and harsh with allies.  Maybe he should do what the EU is doing to May - smile sweetly, offer platitudes and then f**k her from behind.

This is complete horseshit. 

You are one of those that should know better, that TRump is making a fool of. 

I get it. You prefer 1950's life to 2018. That is fine. 

rationalizing Trump's actions to achieve it is not OK. 

31 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Stop kidding yourself.

Hope you are not as big a failure as he is.

It is very meaningful to the 800,000+.

When it comes to the well being of this 800,00 American citizens,  every government function  is essential.

Reason with that asshole.

I deal in reality and fact. His polling is 8 points better than a year ago. Polling for the direction of the country is similarly better and far better in general than it was under the last guy.

To a moron like you living in a shithole like Lovejoy, a billionaire who gets into the White House in his first attempt at public office is a failure?  You are literally too stupid to insult.

May the partial shutdown continue.  Fool.