5* Mater Dei WR Bru McCoy callling out Maxpreps...

RedZone

On 12/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, Eddyr2 said:

Let me break this down for you slowly for you...in a normal school district that wasn’t try rig the system so they could hoard all the talent they could would build 2 more schools in a city instead of having one with 6k Kids...

Been pretty busy and/or tired and haven't been on much recently.  Thanks to  @TheMaximumHornetStingfor tagging me.  I run into this question a lot since Gwinnett has so many large schools.  We have 18 schools in the highest classification in GA.  We have more than a handful starting to push 4k students and many over 3k students.  We would have to have 36-40 high schools alone if we were to max out at say 2K.  While cost is a function of size and I get that, new schools take 40-65 acres of land and cost north of $65 million dollars.  While the teaching staff would be similar in size, there would be a lot of duplication in support services where economies of scale come into play.  We have 180,000+ plus kids in the system.  10% of *all* students in GA are in our system.  I grew up in a system where 1,200-1,500 was about the max size.  Overall, I have no problem with the education my kid got in the larger schools.

I know this is a football board.  I know people here are focused on football and other athletics.  Let's not lose sight that athletics are only a part of the K-12 educational experience and not the driving force.  By the way, before anyone say the education is better in the smaller schools, while there are obviously exceptions to everything, our large schools outperform the state and national averages in the major test scoring.  We also have won several national awards as a system.

I hate to say it but this sounds like a Rabid argument that focuses only on the football team and not any of the other factors in determining what school size is appropriate for any given community.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Been pretty busy and/or tired and haven't been on much recently.  Thanks to  @TheMaximumHornetStingfor tagging me.  I run into this question a lot since Gwinnett has so many large schools.  We have 18 schools in the highest classification in GA.  We have more than a handful starting to push 4k students and many over 3k students.  We would have to have 36-40 high schools alone if we were to max out at say 2K.  While cost is a function of size and I get that, new schools take 40-65 acres of land and cost north of $65 million dollars.  While the teaching staff would be similar in size, there would be a lot of duplication in support services where economies of scale come into play.  We have 180,000+ plus kids in the system.  10% of *all* students in GA are in our system.  I grew up in a system where 1,200-1,500 was about the max size.  Overall, I have no problem with the education my kid got in the larger schools.

I know this is a football board.  I know people here are focused on football and other athletics.  Let's not lose sight that athletics are only a part of the K-12 educational experience and not the driving force.  By the way, before anyone say the education is better in the smaller schools, while there are obviously exceptions to everything, our large schools outperform the state and national averages in the major test scoring.  We also have won several national awards as a system.

I hate to say it but this sounds like a Rabid argument that focuses only on the football team and not any of the other factors in determining what school size is appropriate for any given community.

No issue with public schools, my point is that they can be seen as evil just as easily as one can see catholic schools as evil. Saying either is evil is silly and I was using  hyperbolic speech to point out that fact.

30 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Please  post a pic of the cowardly thug md rb that spit in the face of the dls player, after the whistle. 3 stripes, pride, poise and courage. LOL!! KARMA cost md 3 polls. 

Here You Go!.... :).... Blow it up Full Screen and You can see it clearly....