5* Mater Dei WR Bru McCoy callling out Maxpreps...

RedZone

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

The fact that DLS fell short in their game with Trinity, and then in the playoffs Trinity lost to the team (South Grand Prairie) who lost to the team (Denton Ryan) who lost to the team (Allen) who lost to the team (Westlake) who lost to North Shore in the championship shows that DLS could have possibly done what North Shore did? I'm not following that one real well.

Trinity also beat the TX state champ that year fwiw 

• Like 1

The fact that DLS fell short in their game with Trinity, and then in the playoffs Trinity lost to the team (South Grand Prairie) who lost to the team (Denton Ryan) who lost to the team (Allen) who lost to the team (Westlake) who lost to North Shore in the championship shows that DLS could have possibly done what North Shore did? I'm not following that one real well.

Trinity also beat NS that year by a larger margin than DLS so if NS could go on to win state so could have DLS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

It also showed that DLS who won it all in Cali could have easily lost in first round here in Texas.

You must admit that season was good example of Texas depth.  That NS team was beat 3 times and Trinity got beat by 6-4 team who finished 4th place in their district. None of the team who beat NS or Trinity won state.

I won’t argue any of this 

30 minutes ago, Pops said:

and so did 2 other teams from Texas before they played Trinity...Did anyone from California beat DLS?

Go ahead admit that season more than proved my biggest stance concerning Texas Football...Quality Depth!

You can't just say DLS may have come back and won our title when it was all said and done, without acknowledging  that they may have taking few more losses and could have been as easily beat in the first round.   

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ararar said:

It does if you know NS also lost to Trinity by a larger margin than DLS did

North Shore got beat by Manvel who lost 3 games - including 35-17 loss vs Katy -  Hell Manvel did not even win their district - That honor went to Pearland who also beat Manvel

Westfield beat North Shore too -  They had 2 losses on the season and finished in 3-way tie in their district all with 1 losss -  

Let's not forget that SLC played Trinity even better game than did DLS -  since you are talking points difference -  Trinity won that game 37-35  -  SLC loss 2 other times including in the 2nd Round of the playoffs

Then top it all off Trinity gets knocked out in the first round by 6-4 team who finished 4th in their district

You guys are ignoring the fact that there was really good chance that DLS may have got beat couple of more times in Texas and the season could have ended in early round playoff exit.  

Open your eyes to the depth of Texas!

• Thanks 1

I have said many times over the years that Texas does not always have the single best team in the country.  We have had our share in this regard.  What really separates Texas is the quality depth of football played around the state.

There some really good teams around the country.  

Like last year when MD beat BG in Cali - That was looked at as great win for MD - Then all the sudden Miami Central goes from Florida to Nevada and beats the same team and MC didn’t even win state in Florida .   Which was really the more impressive win?

At the end of the day these Bogus polls are bad...No body has a clue what would happen if the best 64 teams in the nation lined up in a Texas style playoff bracket.  

• Like 1

Trinity was pretty good.

So must have been South Grand Prairie and Ryan and Allen and Westlake. Hell, maybe Texas doesn't have to play OOS games after all. Who knows?

My own contention is that TX had more top 100 teams than any state but I’m not sure any are top 10

that said, NS deserves their slice of the MNC — if MD has a beef, they can look in the mirror and realize if they didn’t get handled by SJB in round 1, there wouldn’t be a debate 

• Like 3

My thing is California could build a NC winning schedule without having to leave the state of CA.... 

But they don't and they won't.... 

Because "We could meet in the playoffs".... 

MD could Schedule:

Cen10

LBP

MV 

Jserra(Gardena) 

Etc...

But "We could meet in the playoffs" as Sammy likes to say so much.... 

This is a  pathetic excuse.... 

Literally every other state plays teams that they run the risk of encountering in the playoffs. 

FL,TX and GA do it... 

What makes CA so special that y'all can't do it?

Is That the reason y'all put so much emphasis on OOS play....?

BECAUSE you're scared of playing the same team twice? 

If so that's sad.... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

and so did 2 other teams from Texas before they played Trinity...Did anyone from California beat DLS?

Go ahead admit that season more than proved my biggest stance concerning Texas Football...Quality Depth!

You can't just say DLS may have come back and won our title when it was all said and done, without acknowledging  that they may have taking few more losses and could have been as easily beat in the first round.   

I not only acknowledge TX quality depth, I’ve spokek tonit on threads you weren’t polluting with nonsensical conclusions 

TX has more teams that can compete with anyone in country than any state — that’s a product of giant high schools, comminity passion, and good athletes.

but, I’m not sure that TX has any teams that are at the current nth level of hsfb — There are a few teams that are aggregating better talent than any FBS school and TX just isn’t set up to play that game 

instead of bashing DLS the last 3 years, you might acknowledge that that DLS team travelled to play a better team than anyone in TX ever has, and lost a very competitive game to top TX team, that most felt they probably should have won (or would win again) — I said before that game that I thought DLS was #1 and Trinity was somewhere in top 50 and that because of the circumstances, that game was a pick em which is exactly what it appeared to be — you also have never mentioned Trinity’s 2 best offensive players, 3-year starting QB and RB, were either missing or injured for their playoff loss or that trinity also beat the TX state champ 

just stop being ridiculous on TX shit not stinking and you’ll have very little arguement that it’s an excellent hsfb state whose strength is depth of quality teams that can play with anyone (especially at home in August with different rules) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My thing is California could build a NC winning schedule without having to leave the state of CA.... 

But they don't and they won't.... 

Because "We could meet in the playoffs".... 

MD could Schedule:

Cen10

LBP

MV 

Jserra(Gardena) 

Etc...

But "We could meet in the playoffs" as Sammy likes to say so much.... 

This is a  pathetic excuse.... 

Literally every other state plays teams that they run the risk of encountering in the playoffs. 

FL,TX and GA do it... 

What makes CA so special that y'all can't do it?

Is That the reason y'all put so much emphasis on OOS play....?

BECAUSE you're scared of playing the same team twice? 

If so that's sad.... 

This is such a stupid post 

MD played five games (SJB, SJB, DLS, CC, and JSerra) against the next 5 best teams in CA — I suppose they could have played folsom once instead of SJB twice if you want to make it a bit tidier 

CA is a big state — about 4x GA.  Can you tell me a GA team that has ever played 5 games against the best 5 teams in GA (besides themselves)?

back to the drawing board to find a relevant whine 

3 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

ET beat the eventual state champ in Texas in regular season.  So, DLS could have been Texas Big Boy class champs.  On many years.  But, most of us already know this.  Carry on.

2 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Hmm, because DLS lost to ET?

Just carrying on.

No, because DLS dominated the game and had ET right where they wanted them, until AS over threw DA by literally centimeters. Sometimes, teams are centimeters away from working to perfection, especially in a harsh environment with diff rules and tougher refs.  That's what I meant.  Carry on.  

2 hours ago, Pops said:

They beat the DI Champ that lost 2 other games.  Depth.  Katy was the number 1 team in Texas and was in 6A DII.  NS, Trinity nor DLS wanted no part of them. Now let's see if Cali can guess which Division ET was in when the playoffs started.  

🤣.  NS finished ranked 7th in Texas and won DI that year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

No, because DLS dominated the game and had ET right where they wanted them, until AS over threw DA by literally centimeters. Sometimes, teams are centimeters away from working to perfection, especially in a harsh environment with diff rules and tougher refs.  That's what I meant.  Carry on.  

@Sammyswordsman, I moved this one to the appropriate thread.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

ET had a 12 point lead. Late in that game.  DLS never did.   DLS had 2 explosive runs.  ET mauled them on a 98 yd drive.  If you are throwing a desparation trick pass at the end that's not dominating anyone.  That ET RB wilson made All State running over DLS.

There's video evidence 🤣

11 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

This is hall of fame excuse thread material.  Sammy, get to work on this guys induction speech.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

ET had a 12 point lead. Late in that game.  DLS never did.   DLS had 2 explosive runs.  ET mauled them on a 98 yd drive.  If you are throwing a desparation trick pass at the end that's not dominating anyone.  That ET RB wilson made All State running over DLS.

There's video evidence 🤣

But a hail Mary wins you the MNC. Okay.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

There's video evidence 🤣

RELAX Y' ALLLLLL.  Was just starting shit out of shear boredom at work.  Shutdowns are boring for those that have to come in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, old_e said:

But a hail Mary wins you the MNC. Okay.

The only people screaming about that is you'll.  I dint think NS is any better than Dville and neither does @SOCIntellectualProperty.  We have never wavered.  Hail Mary's and Mythical are made for each other.  I guess in Texas we view domination different.  Tell me what you see and who is being dominated more.  ET also fumbled goung in for a TD.  And was at DLS 35 when DLS got the ball back in desperation mode.  We acknowledge DLS being good just not Texas elite in 2015

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

RELAX Y' ALLLLLL.  Was just starting shit out of shear boredom at work.  Shutdowns are boring for those that have to come in. 

Ok but the PAC 12 still sucks with all those Cali kids.  Can we agree on that 🤣.  They are great in HS but Dammit 2 yrs later they suck.  Fresno State is the best Team in Cali.

Fresno State has kids from Dville, Lake Travis, Galena Park,  Pearland, Westside and Ft. bend Austin.  No wonder they are the best team in Cali they got TEXAS Speed  😆

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Ok but the PAC 12 still sucks with all those Cali kids.  Can we agree on that 🤣.  They are great in HS but Dammit 2 yrs later they suck.  Fresno State is the best Team in Cali.

Fresno State has kids from Dville, Lake Travis, Galena Park,  Pearland, Westside and Ft. bend Austin.  No wonder they are the best team in Cali they got TEXAS Speed  😆

Ugh.  Yes, you are right.  Cali sends hardly any kats on to be time college programs and even less to the NFL.  You win.  Congrats. 

• Haha 1