5* Mater Dei WR Bru McCoy callling out Maxpreps...

RedZone

47 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Max preps loving Texas rank don’t mean squat 

Money cant by an MNC. Playing the national big boys does.

What’s your point?

and why are you quoting me?

i don’t care who the MNC is — I think Md is the best team by Pretty wide margin, but honestly you socal boys can’t be so dumb as to NOT understand how stupid it is to complain about not being the MNC in one poll because someone might have an objection to  23 point asskicking.  If Md wants to be so pious about just picking the team we think would win, they’re not even best team in their league

3 hours ago, Pops said:

You have failed to acknowledge that DLS would have been the favorite in the TX state tournament that year 

as you are the offending party, why don’t you go first 

Good God almighty after losing game 1 - DLS would not have been favored to win either 6A brackets.  

That is really arrogant  on your part and makes you look stupid.

DLS in Texas would be just another fish in big pond.

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Clobbered as in 6-8 OOS since 2004......

I’m questioning your choice of word.  Point differential over those 14 games was -18.  They lost four games by double digits but also won four by double digits.  All of the big losses were away games.  I don’t consider that being “clobbered.” 

It’s too easy to just hang a label on them, because people tend to focus on the losses and tend to forget the wins.

The overall body of work OOS is pretty even, considering they played probably one of the best DBP teams ever, away, STA away when they were topnotch, a good BG team away, and Bellevue away when they had it going.

Sure they lost a stinker (East), but name another team that took on a comparabe OOS  schedule over the same time frame.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Not sure they were clobbered by sta but if you’re just going by MOV, I think BG last year was largest and Bellevue ‘04 was by 19 to end The Streak 

Think the rest were < TD — dbp, Lakeland, Trinity, East all cane down to one play basically 

I’m not agreeing that they were clobbered OOS in an overall sense, but my recollection is that STA handled DLS pretty well (30-6).  The term clobber is subjective, perhaps, but the game was never in doubt.

DLS also lost by 27 to BG (2017), 24 to DBP (2009), and 19 to Bellevue.(2005), again games never in doubt.

This is via Maxpreps, so may be wrong.

Those are the only games where the term “clobbered” can even remotely be applied.

All their other OOS losses were by 5 points or less, so ... not clobbered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Texasball said:

Good God almighty after losing game 1 - DLS would not have been favored to win either 6A brackets.  

That is really arrogant  on your part and makes you look stupid.

Good grief

DLS fared better v Trinity than your actual champion so how can you use that against them

And Ns wasn’t travelling to a foreign state (no TX team has ever traveled tobplay a better team 

and DLS has much better and many more quality wins 

considering the nature of your assertions and their evidence, this is a lock 

you calling anyone arrogant or stupid is the height of irony 

Just now, Pops said:

Good grief

DLS fared better v Trinity than your actual champion so how can you use that against them

And Ns wasn’t travelling to a foreign state (no TX team has ever traveled tobplay a better team 

That’s not true, ET went to Washington and played a “better” Bellevue. 

5 hours ago, Wosinc said:

I’m questioning your choice of word.  Point differential over those 14 games was -18.  They lost four games by double digits but also won four by double digits.  All of the big losses were away games.  I don’t consider that being “clobbered.” 

It’s too easy to just hang a label on them, because people tend to focus on the losses and tend to forget the wins.

The overall body of work OOS is pretty even, considering they played probably one of the best DBP teams ever, away, STA away when they were topnotch, a good BG team away, and Bellevue away when they had it going.

Sure they lost a stinker (East), but name another team that took on a comparabe OOS  schedule over the same time frame.

I’m not agreeing that they were clobbered OOS in an overall sense, but my recollection is that STA handled DLS pretty well (30-6).  The term clobber is subjective, perhaps, but the game was never in doubt.

DLS also lost by 27 to BG (2017), 24 to DBP (2009), and 19 to Bellevue.(2005), again games never in doubt.

This is via Maxpreps, so may be wrong.

Those are the only games where the term “clobbered” can even remotely be applied.

All their other OOS losses were by 5 points or less, so ... not clobbered.

If DLS were 12-2, 10-4 or even 8-6 OOS since 2004 maybe I use a different adjective. 

Whatever word you prefer DLS is 6-8 in that time frame with a couple ugly losses.

5 hours ago, Wosinc said:

The 4 OOS losses by a TD or more in last 30+ years chrinologically

1)  bellevue ‘04 (not ‘05) — inarguably DLS’s worst team since 80s (started 1-3-1 after winning 151 in a row, lost by 18 in state the next week) vs arguably state of WA’s best team ever

2)  DBP ‘09 — MNC ba DLS team that struggles early (ties or trailed their first 3 Norcal games in 2nd half in midst of ~ 300 game Norcal unbeaten streak)

3)  sta ‘11 — were driving in STA territory for go ahead TD in 3rd before 5th TO set STA up for another short field TD (STA also scored on last play)

4)  BG ‘17 — worst DLS performance I’ve seen in 10 years vs a pretty good BG team 

16 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s not true, ET went to Washington and played a “better” Bellevue. 

I was aware of that game when I made the statement 

Trinity ‘15 was better than Bellevue ‘12

trust me — the only reason Bellevue ‘12 is highly regarded is they beat Trinity 

regardless, let’s say you’re correct — will you acknowledge thats then only example that’s even a contender?  If so, maybe you Texans ought to keep your powder dry about crowing about beating up teams that travel to you until and unless you actually travel anywhere to play a risk game 

tell me you don’t subscribe to T-ball’s nonsense and we can have a lucid conversation — seems like your fully on board the retardo-mobile

17 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If DLS were 12-2, 10-4 or even 8-6 OOS since 2004 maybe I use a different adjective. 

Whatever word you prefer DLS is 6-8 in that time frame with a couple ugly losses.

But undefeated vs LA in a game against the great Cajun team that was going to end the streak and game wasn’t even remotely competitive 

so there’s that 

DLS would be 14-0 if they’d have just stuck with LA’s best teams and not played the best teams around the country 

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Good grief

What does "quality wins" have to do with DLS losing in TX?

and, I have NO doubt a John Curtis would compete well in TX 6A, they have proved it. Curtis has the size, aths and depth. DLS not so much.

Both you and big hat make too much over 1 game though. Both guilty of something.

9 minutes ago, Pops said:

I was aware of that game when I made the statement 

Trinity ‘15 was better than Bellevue ‘12

trust me — the only reason Bellevue ‘12 is highly regarded is they beat Trinity 

regardless, let’s say you’re correct — will you acknowledge thats then only example that’s even a contender?  If so, maybe you Texans ought to keep your powder dry about crowing about beating up teams that travel to you until and unless you actually travel anywhere to play a risk game 

tell me you don’t subscribe to T-ball’s nonsense and we can have a lucid conversation — seems like your fully on board the retardo-mobile

Skyline traveled to play a better glades central, Tyler Lee traveled to play a better colerain. 

please dont insert me into this conversation any deeper than what I specifically replied to. 

Just now, Pops said:

But undefeated vs LA in a game against the great Cajun team that was going to end the streak and game wasn’t even remotely competitive 

so there’s that.

DLS would be 14-0 if they’d have just stuck with LA and not played the best teams around the country 

Most know the Evangel situation in 2003 and the fact they lost 4 games that year. No big deal.

And, if DLS stayed in NorCal they would be 12-0 or 13-0 every year with another 14 MNCs. I bet you miss those days.

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Skyline traveled to play a better glades central, Tyler Lee traveled to play a better colerain. 

You need to give me years but color me skeptical 

how’s TX do in those games? (Am wondering if they contributed to your lack of willingness to play OOS anymore)

Just now, RedZone said:

Most know the Evangel situation in 2003 and the fact they lost 4 games that year. No big deal.

And, if DLS stayed in NorCal they would be 12-0 or 13-0 every year with another 14 MNCs. I bet you miss those days.

I’m sorry can you explain again why evangel was really supposed to be better 

or, if you want to talk about the easiest schedules that are least deserving of an MNC, I have a team that blows any of DLs’s 13 MNC teams away 

Just now, 181pl said:

First off, love DLS and their style. But they don't have an outstanding OOS record. Not that this is really that important. As talent swings, match ups, travel, etc., have a big role in OOS. But I'd favor the Tx 6A champ against DLS almost every year.

You’d favor Plant vs DLS every year 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Skyline 2010 (skyline list 6-0)

Tyler lee 2005 (Lee list 26-12) 

Trinity 2017 traveled and lost to Union (37-7)

Tough to travel OOS isn’t it?

not asking you to research but wonder how those teams looked vs each other at a neutral site those years — ie were those good TX teams 

PS wouldn’t count OK for purpose of OOS travel difficulty — that’s shorter than Norcal/ socal games (or dude/ Houston games)

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

You’d favor Plant vs DLS every year 

No. I'd favor DLS "most" years against Plant. Plant's had a squad or two that would handle DLS. I think 2008 and 2009. Maybe 2011, but who knows. Every other DLS team from 2000 forward I'd favor against Plant. So I'd favor Plant in two of 19 football seasons against DLS. But it's your post, say whatever you want.

Just now, 181pl said:

No. I'd favor DLS "most" years against Plant. Plant's had a squad or two that would handle DLS. I think 2008 and 2009. Maybe 2011, but who knows. Every other DLS team from 2000 forward I'd favor against Plant.

Shit 

youre being reasonable 

adjusting now 

• Haha 1