Jaguars void Fournette’s guarantees

Bormio

6 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

The kat has major skills.  Put him on a good team with decent blocking and he will run wild. 

I agree that he can be a successful runner on the right team. But @NYHSFAN33 is spot on that he’s not an effective pass receiver or even a blocker. He’s essentially a 2 down back. He can’t do all the things Zeke, Gurley and Saquon can do. And he’s been injury prone.

11 hours ago, Bormio said:

Notice Caj is not here to defend him - he knows.

Knows what?

There are oviously some problems in Jacksonville at the moment. I'll wait till Fournette's career is over before labeling him. He's 23.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25658462/jaguars-fire-running-backs-coach-leonard-fournette-tj-yeldon-drama

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Leonard Fournette's season-long struggles proved costly for his position coach.

The Jacksonville Jaguars fired running-backs coach Tyrone Wheatley and three more assistants Monday night, according to a person familiar with the situation. The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity and said offensive line coach Pat Flaherty, secondary coach Perry Fewell and defensive line coach Marion Hobby also were let go the day after the season finale.

Jacksonville has one of the worst QBs and OLs in the NFL....

Blake Bortles QB rating is not even 80.....79.8, which is 30th out 33 NFL QBs to have a rating.

The Jaguar OL is ranked #30 out of 32 teams...

I guess Fournette and TJ Yeldon are suppose to gash NFL defenses that are stacked in the box....run Fournette right up the middle 15-20 times and let him get his 3 yards. smdh

13 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Hes on a losing team nobody gives a rat's ass about. Why should he break his ass for that sorry ass team. 

Because he signed a contract and they’re paying him?

Oh wait, I forgot.  It’s you.  Your idea of working is screwing off until it’s time to go home.

9 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Because he signed a contract and they’re paying him?

Oh wait, I forgot.  It’s you.  Your idea of working is screwing off until it’s time to go home.

Hes supposed to bust his ass on a team going nowhere?? 

Let him go to a contender. 

Jax drafted him. Yeah he could have not signed but nobody does that. 

Fournette will have plenty of options imo

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Hes supposed to bust his ass on a team going nowhere?? 

Let him go to a contender. 

Jax drafted him. Yeah he could have not signed but nobody does that. 

Fournette will have plenty of options imo

He’s collecting a check.  That obligates him.

If he was a stand up guy and dissatisfied he would retire.

Otherwise stfu and play.

1 minute ago, Wosinc said:

He’s collecting a check.  That obligates him.

If he was a stand up guy and dissatisfied he would retire.

Otherwise stfu and play.

By retiring he limits his options. If he stays in the league he stays relevant. 

Most of jax stopped playing. 

Like I said brown and bell did the same thing

Obj basically quit on the giants this year and worked that Injury.

Were your a 3-4 win team no reason to keep busting your ass. 

All this talk from giants fans that say trade oBJ go right ahead an trade him. They will have half the league if not more calling for him. 

56 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

By retiring he limits his options. If he stays in the league he stays relevant. 

Most of jax stopped playing. 

Like I said brown and bell did the same thing

Obj basically quit on the giants this year and worked that Injury.

Were your a 3-4 win team no reason to keep busting your ass. 

All this talk from giants fans that say trade oBJ go right ahead an trade him. They will have half the league if not more calling for him. 

And there is today’s attitude towards work and contracts.  Joe Thomas played his ass off every game - actually every snap - for the bottom of the barrel Browns.  He is a legend and a first ballot HOFer.  Fournette can see his bust if he buys a ticket.

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

And there is today’s attitude towards work and contracts.  Joe Thomas played his ass off every game - actually every snap - for the bottom of the barrel Browns.  He is a legend and a first ballot HOFer.  Fournette can see his bust if he buys a ticket.

Yes so did Barry sanders. There are guys like that. What did joe Thomas and Barry sanders get out of it....yes HOF which is great it's the HOF but other than thay never came close to the Lombardi trophy. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes so did Barry sanders. There are guys like that. What did joe Thomas and Barry sanders get out of it....yes HOF which is great it's the HOF but other than thay never came close to the Lombardi trophy. 

Jax could have won it all last year and Fournette was near useless in the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But did they....nope

So what?  You are telling me Jax is going to have to win a SB before Fournette will actually really start playing?  I really do not think it is all a matter of effort though.  His ankle is chronically bad and he has lost his burst.  Jax can do better cheaper and so can other teams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

So what?  You are telling me Jax is going to have to win a SB before Fournette will actually really start playing?  I really do not think it is all a matter of effort though.  His ankle is chronically bad and he has lost his burst.  Jax can do better cheaper and so can other teams.

Someone in national contention signs him hell do fine