UGA (Georgia) vs. Hook Em (Texas)

DevilDog

Ok Ga. guys we are the two States that catch the most hell for not travelling in HS.  I know those Bulldogs are favored over my Horns.  But I never doubt the Horns.  Can my Horns put up a fight.  The Big 12 has not been embarrassed against the SEC and I expect Texas to ball out and hang tough as well.  Especially with Ga. missing their all world DB Deandra Baker.   Look out for Texas Big Receivers Johnson and Lil Jordan Humphrey.    A look at the Two.  

The QBs:
FROMM'S ENCORE

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm had one of his best games in the SEC championship game, throwing for a season-high 301 yards and three touchdowns. He also completed a season-high 25 passes.

Even so, Fromm says the Bulldogs' success has to begin on the ground against Texas.

"We are going to set the tone and run the football," Fromm said. "We are going to throw the ball and take our shots, and we will have guys make plays."

THE HOME OF BREES

Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger played high school football at Westlake in Austin, which is also where New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees played as a teenager.

Now Ehlinger gets a chance to compete on the same field where Brees has become a legend.

"I have pride in the fact that I went to his high school and to be able to play in the Superdome where he has absolutely gone off and set records and done those things for the Saints organization — it is really cool," Ehlinger said.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

TEXAS SENIORS

Herman had high praise for his senior class, which came to Texas when the program was in the midst of three straight losing seasons. Now they'll go out with one final game in the Sugar Bowl.

"Although they may not have the championships or the hardware to prove it, they will go down as maybe the most influential senior class at least hopefully in my tenure for having gotten us through some rocky times and never wavering, staying committed to the things that they believe in and the things that we believe in," Herman said.

GEORGIA DEFENSE

Georgia lost its defensive coordinator earlier this month when Mel Tucker left to become the head coach at Colorado. Smart said Tucker's responsibilities wouldn't be shouldered by just one coach.

"We do it by committee most of the time anyway," Smart said. "Mel called the defenses for us. But between series, during the week game planning, it was done by committee because that's how you put a game plan together.

• Thanks 1

Not thrilled Baker isnt playing.

Our best pass rusher D'Andre Walker is also hurt... And apparently will be used sparringly.

Our stud NG Jordan Davis is hurt also.

Other than that I believe everyone else is playing. We need our pass rush to be on point. These guys BETTER be up after the twitter comments. We will see.

Not sure what effect Mel Tucker leaving is going to have yet... Guess we'll see.

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Ok Ga. guys we are the two States that catch the most hell for not travelling in HS.  I know those Bulldogs are favored over my Horns.  But I never doubt the Horns.  Can my Horns put up a fight.  The Big 12 has not been embarrassed against the SEC and I expect Texas to ball out and hang tough as well.  Especially with Ga. missing their all world DB Deandra Baker.   Look out for Texas Big Receivers Johnson and Lil Jordan Humphrey.    A look at the Two.  

The QBs:
FROMM'S ENCORE

Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm had one of his best games in the SEC championship game, throwing for a season-high 301 yards and three touchdowns. He also completed a season-high 25 passes.

Even so, Fromm says the Bulldogs' success has to begin on the ground against Texas.

"We are going to set the tone and run the football," Fromm said. "We are going to throw the ball and take our shots, and we will have guys make plays."

THE HOME OF BREES

Texas quarterback Sam Ehlinger played high school football at Westlake in Austin, which is also where New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees played as a teenager.

Now Ehlinger gets a chance to compete on the same field where Brees has become a legend.

"I have pride in the fact that I went to his high school and to be able to play in the Superdome where he has absolutely gone off and set records and done those things for the Saints organization — it is really cool," Ehlinger said.

Going to the game?

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Our best pass rusher D'Andre Walker is also hurt... And apparently will be used sparringly.

Other than that I believe everyone else is playing. We need our pass rush to be on point. These guys BETTER be up after the twitter comments. We will see.

Not sure what effect Mel Tucker leaving is going to have yet... Guess we'll see.

The Horns gonna have to be ready for the physicality of Ga.  But I will say this Texas is the most Physical Team in the Big 12 and have some heavy hitters in the secondary.   I fear Fromm exploiting the young secondary.  That kid can flat out ball and has been on the Big Stage.  Outside battling the Land Grabbers Ehlingher don't have the big game experience.  Though his WL team did go to State and you know how big we think that is. 😂  The Horns are claiming this isn't their best Opponent of 2018 and they have found innovative ways to attack the Dogs Defense.  

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Brisket 

Image result for brisket vs. pulled pork

VS. Whatever this is:  I think the Goobers call it BBQ or Pulled Pork 🤣

Image result for brisket vs. pulled pork

Man, I've been eyeing me a brisket for weeks when I go by the butcher shops and meat counters. 

I just can't pull the trigger on the price point. 

I want to smoke me one up, but we're talking over 60 bucks for a slab when I'm looking at filet mignon and premium rib eyes for under 40 or 50. 

I did have a brisket basket at the Hog n Bones restaurant recently though. And yes, I ruined it with some vinegar/mustard/hot sauce/tomato sauce blend. Haha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, I've been eyeing me a brisket for weeks when I go by the butcher shops and meat counters. 

I just can't pull the trigger on the price point. 

I want to smoke me one up, but we're talking over 60 bucks for a slab when I'm looking at filet mignon and premium rib eyes for under 40 or 50. 

I did have a brisket basket at the Hog n Bones restaurant recently though. And yes, I ruined it with some vinegar/mustard/hot sauce/tomato sauce blend. Haha.

Bro Hit me up on an IM.  I promise I will hook you up no charge and send you one.  Freaking Briskets here are $2.16 lb.  You pulled Porkie eating guys don't possess more than 2 Cows in the Whole Damn State.  1 Brisket is like finding the Hope Diamond. 😂  I have 3 in my Freezer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

@Sammyswordsman

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro Hit me up on an IM.  I promise I will hook you up no charge and send you one.  Freaking Briskets here are $2.16 lb.  You pulled Porkie eating guys don't possess more than 2 Cows in the Whole Damn State.  1 Brisket is like finding the Hope Diamond. 😂  I have 3 in my Freezer.  

I've never cooked a brisket before, I would undoubtedly screw it up the first couple of trys.

If you're in the spirit of giving, then I'll take one already prepared. 😉

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Bro Hit me up on an IM.  I promise I will hook you up no charge and send you one.  Freaking Briskets here are $2.16 lb.  You pulled Porkie eating guys don't possess more than 2 Cows in the Whole Damn State.  1 Brisket is like finding the Hope Diamond. 😂  I have 3 in my 

Man... I have some bags of chunked applewood and mesquite hanging out right beside my smoker. Low and slow. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

@HawgGoneIt

I pulled one out.  Check the price homie

20181231_210119.jpg

20181231_210126.jpg

Damn! 

I think 8 bucks per lb was what I saw last week. A coupla weeks ago there was one close to it's date so they had 6.98 per on it. It was 68 dollars. I almost pulled the trigger on that one. Almost.

You know they don't subdivide. Hahaha. 

I usually go for rib eye or something at around 10 per lb. At least I can buy a quantity that fits my less than 40 dollar "steak night" budget.