UGA (Georgia) vs. Hook Em (Texas)

DevilDog

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

My man they call that the Texas Crutch.  Some do it after letting bark get on it and around 160 they Wrap it.  Some use foil others use Butchers paper.   

Honestly it probably depends on how good I can watch it. 

I've been tempted to get a pellet smoker, but, I'm too old school. Gotta keep the fire stoked and all. 

It's tough to maintain 175 to 225 for 4 hours to do pork ribs. Even more difficult to go 6 or more hours for a brisket.

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I've never cooked a brisket before, I would undoubtedly screw it up the first couple of trys.

If you're in the spirit of giving, then I'll take one already prepared. 😉

It’s easy. Rub down with dry rub, sear real good over high heat grill, I go fucking nuts get it super hot with hardwoods... that locks in the moisture. Then wrap in foil, I double wrap, stick in offset smoker at 180’-200’ til done, use meat thermometer, flip every 30 minutes or so. 

Last 30 minutes I remove foil to get rendering off meat at low, low heat... the smoker I let it drop down 135-150’... set it aside to rest, don’t want to cut into to soon, you’ll release moisture and dry out. 

Have at it!!!

BGW

p.s. The bark or the sear around brisket is a work of art.... you’ll know when you got right when you have 3/16- 1/4” bark all around. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Honestly it probably depends on how good I can watch it. 

I've been tempted to get a pellet smoker, but, I'm too old school. Gotta keep the fire stoked and all. 

It's tough to maintain 175 to 225 for 4 hours to do pork ribs. Even more difficult to go 6 or more hours for a brisket.

Drink beer, open the lid to keep temp down... keep low and slow. 

BGW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is the key to good BBQ -  use multiple types of wood 

Mesquite, pecan, oak, hickory... got a shit ton of hickory and oak from cut downs on my home. 

Mesquite I buy, soak in water for the smokiness flavor. I don’t mess with Apple and other fluff woods, keep it pretty basic.

If I move back out west, I’m hauling every bit of the hickory and oak, took me 20 hours and 6 chains on my Stihl to cut those logs for the smoker.

BGW

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It’s easy. Rub down with dry rub, sear real good over high heat grill, I go fucking nuts get it super hot with hardwoods... that locks in the moisture. Then wrap in foil, I double wrap, stick in offset smoker at 180’-200’ til done, use meat thermometer, flip every 30 minutes or so. 

Last 30 minutes I remove foil to get rendering off meat at low, low heat... the smoker I let it drop down 135-150’... set it aside to rest, don’t want to cut into to soon, you’ll release moisture and dry out. 

Have at it!!!

BGW

p.s. The bark or the sear around brisket is a work of art.... you’ll know when you got right when you have 3/16- 1/4” bark all around. 

P.s. you can mix dry rub with rendering and mop it on during the last 30 minutes, never done but heard it was good, my bark is pretty air tight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The best thing about JawJaa losing is your explanations.  🤣 Get em ready.  But , if, why, what, whom, int, fumble,  da ref.  Just a few to get you started 🤘🤣Hook Em

My only worry is Deandre Baker not playing. Hes by far our best corner. The rest are young. Hes the 1 player we could count on all year. He shuts down 1 side of the field & is a lock as a Top 10 Draft pick.

I still think UGA comes out on top.

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I like my Brunswick Stew like I like my women.....

Thick and Spicy.... 

I actually know what that is.  I lived in Augusta for 9 months and 3 years @ Parris Island very close to Savannah.  I have peeled a few of dem Red Boned Peaches as a young Marine.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

My only worry is Deandre Baker not playing. Hes by far our best corner. The rest are young. Hes the 1 player we could count on all year. He shuts down 1 side of the field & is a lock as a Top 10 Draft pick.

I still think UGA comes out on top.

No doubt the favorite.  That running game is my concern that they wear the Horns Defense down if left on the field.  But we got some serious receivers.  It's rare Ga. Vs TX in College football.  Crazy fanbases .  Should be fun.  TX is very young and should be very good in the next 2 yrs.  Real young but talented.  2018 class are ballers..  

• Like 1