Bolt the GOAT

DevilDog

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The forty isn't even simething he should be great at actually.  He is a long striding sprinter who hiis his spied around 60 - 70 yrs.  Yet he runs a 4.22 in freaking sweats and sneakers.  I don't think non T&F guys understand how frwaking impressive that is.  Off the street.  Incredible athlete.  

Hell he is not even in great shape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

But we'll never know. The 400 is a different animal. Way more grueling and tougher race than a 9 sec or 19 sec race. In fact all those races above the 100 and 200 are way tougher. Thats why its hard to say he is goat when others have done feats equal or better than he has in much tougher races. 

His 100m time is not going to get touched.  While we are alive.  You can forget about it.  We have a couple of guys that could get his 200m  time.  Bolt chose not to because he knows the 400 is a bitch.  I love watching other people run it but would slap my mom before I ever attempted to run that thing again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, Cossacks said:

Saw that Bolt did that, holy crap. Still not sure where he ranks as greatest athlete. Hell Carl Lewis has no merit even being mentioned in the conversation with this performance.

How can a grown ass person not throw anything farther than that?  That's about as good as his singing.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

His 100m time is not going to get touched.  While we are alive.  You can forget about it.  We have a couple of guys that could get his 200m  time.  Bolt chose not to because he knows the 400 is a bitch.  I love watching other people run it but would slap my mom before I ever attempted to run that thing again.

A couple friends of mine and I tried it a couple months ago.  We were sitting in the football stands at our former high school just shooting the shit and drinking a couple beers and I forget who had the bright idea to see if we could still run like in high school.  So we had a bet to see if we could run it full speed in under a min.  Lol.  3 of us crossed the finish line and puked our brains out.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

A couple friends of mine and I tried it a couple months ago.  We were sitting in the football stands at our former high school just shooting the shit and drinking a couple beers and I forget who had the bright idea to see if we could still run like in high school.  So we had a bet to see if we could run it full speed in under a min.  Lol.  3 of us crossed the finish line and puked our brains out.  

Sounds about right.  I would have been the one laughing at yall calling all of you dumb asses.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Well actually I can have my opinion any way I want.  This is about him running a 4.22. I mentioned that I picked him as the best athlete.  I don't care about anyone disagrreing since there is no criteria for such a title.  

Of course you can have any opinion you want.  That doesn’t make it valid.

And I’m not questioning your right to an opinion, I’m questioning your inconsistancy.

And you’re really dodging the issue.

My point, which you seem to be ignoring, is that you started off by saying you picked him as the greatest athlete ever.

Then you said in a later post that no, it’s not about him being the greatest athlete ever, it’s only about him running a 4.22 40.

If it’s not about him being the greatest athlete ever why did you make such a statement?

10 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Hold on you saying it's not clear cut that Bolt is the fastest human ever?

No, that’s not exactly what I meant, although I can see why you took it that way.

Over 100m, and 200m his times are indisputable.

But I was thinking of, for instance, Bo’s times.  We never saw Bo and Bolt h2h, or Bob Hayes.  I would like to have seen them when both were in their primes.

Pipe dream, I know, but that’s what I was thinking.

And then there’s the 400.  I think that’s a better test. You need both speed and endurance.

As ThunderRam said, look at a cheetah - fast for a while then out of gas.

That’s how I view 100 & 200 sprinters.

In fact I said something similar in a post: Bolt’s the fastest for a short tume.

Until I see him dominate in the 400 he’s just a cheetah.

Sorry for the long post 🥔