Kyler Murray

HSFBfan

21 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

no need to throw an easy situations like the combine. They have plenty of tape on him just killing it in collegein a real live action. And before anyone says how easy passing is in that conference he did a great job against Alabama

He was 51% against alabama.

And yeah it's the big 12 not exactly the best defenses in the country. 

Hell probably go #1 due to the "success"  of Baker mayfield this past year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I've heard some say he played against shitty defenses at Oklahoma, but they need to look at the starting QBs in the NFL and where they played collegiately. I believe the SEC has 2 or 3 starting QBs. Based on strength of opponents you'd think that would be a much bigger number.

But, it's not based on strength of opponents.

The sec for a long time was a ground and pound game. You didn't need elite QBs to win. All you had to do was not screw it up with a bad INT or fumble. 

Now that the sec is opening up there should be more QBs.

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Has decided not to throw at the combine. 

Do u agree with this decision?

Does this put some caution in a GM mind about drafting him

It maybe would if it hadn't been done so many times over the years by many big prospects

As long as he shines in pro day and individual workouts he won't have any issues being drafted day 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

The sec for a long time was a ground and pound game. You didn't need elite QBs to win. All you had to do was not screw it up with a bad INT or fumble. 

Now that the sec is opening up there should be more QBs.

It's been proven time and again it really doesn't matter where they play in college

The cream rises to the top, these other schools just try to bait these prospects for their college services

You have same ability to be a stud heading into draft season playing at Troy as you do at bama

Only difference is bama has more of those "studs"

Cardinals- rosen UCLA pac 12

Falcons- ryan BC acc

Ravens Jackson Louisville acc

Bears- the kid from unc acc

Steelers Roethlisberger Miami oh mac

Brown Mayfield big 12

Bengals dalton TCU big 12

Lions Stafford Georgia sec

Packers Rodgers cal pac 12

Vikings cousins msu big 10

New york giants manning sec

Jets darnold USC pac 12

Eagles wentz north Dakota big sky I believe

Texans watson clemson acc

Cowboys Prescott msu sec

Oakland carr Fresno state mountain west

49ers garrapolo eastern Illinois 

Rams goff cal pac 12

Seahawks wilson nc state acc

Bucs winston florida state acc 

Dolphins Tannehill tamu sec

Bills Allen Wyoming mountain west 

Saints brees purdue 

Titans Mariota Oregon pac 12

Colts luck Stanford pac 12

Pat's Brady Michigan big 10

Redskins Smith utah pac 12 today I believe they were mwc when he played there 

Panthers newton Auburn sec 

Jaguars Bortles Ucf american 

I did these off the top of my head if I forgot any let me know

Sec has 5 starting QBs in the league 

@maxchoboian

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It's been proven time and again it really doesn't matter where they play in college

The cream rises to the top, these other schools just try to bait these prospects for their college services

You have same ability to be a stud heading into draft season playing at Troy as you do at bama

Only difference is bama has more of those "studs"

More exposure at alabama than at troy. No disrespect to the sun belt as I watch it weekly on tv. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Jerry rice. D1AA or what is known today as FCS

Thanks for correction but still it does show you don't have to be at Alabama or Ohio State to be a elite player so where they go to school in college means nothing to pro scouts

Now you have a better chance of being scouted at these schools because they have many prospects every year that teams are looking at but you get where I'm going with this

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Thanks for correction but still it does show you don't have to be at Alabama or Ohio State to be a elite player so where they go to school in college means nothing to pro scouts

Now you have a better chance of being scouted at these schools because they have many prospects every year that teams are looking at but you get where I'm going with this

Yes your right but as u stated if your at the bigger school you have the exposure as scouts are going there to watch multiple guys. Now with tv though manh many athletes are on tv. 

I heard a story of a Gm who found one of his players due to flipping thru espn one day and coming across his game. Tv exposure is huge todsy for the smaller conferences.

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

@Columbiafan we can go thru some small school guys

Phil sims morehead state

Tony Romo eastern Illinois

Jimmy g eastern Illinois 

Big ben Miami oh 

Kahlil mack buffalo 

There is a HOF big name from jackson state I always forget his name

Carson wentz north Dakota 

Jerry rice as you stated MVSU

List goes on and on

Walter Payton I believe went there

Also had Steve McNair at alcorn State

Deacon Jones went to a small black college (what it was called at the time) but forgot the name of it 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes your right but as u stated if your at the bigger school you have the exposure as scouts are going there to watch multiple guys. Now with tv though manh many athletes are on tv. 

I heard a story of a Gm who found one of his players due to flipping thru espn one day and coming across his game. Tv exposure is huge todsy for the smaller conferences.

That's where these coaches at major universities use that as a sell point 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Walter Payton I believe went there

Also had Steve McNair at alcorn State

Deacon Jones went to a small black college (what it was called at the time) but forgot the name of it 

Holy snap I just realized Deacon Jones went to same frekin college as Jerry Rice

I never realized it was the same school

Most of you guys have been doubting this kid since his days at Allen. Hell DJ sd he wd be lucky to play baseball at the next level. The kid is lightening in a bottle. He throws better then Vick ever did and is faster. The way the NFL is going this kid will be an all pro

• Like 1