Kyler Murray

HSFBfan

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

And if hes on the bench after a couple of year because he cant cut it? He wont have the opportunity to sign that 13 year 330 million dollar offer lol

It was a gamble either way

do even know Harpers history and how get to this point?????.....he played juco at 17 and waited to be drafted at 18...played almost immediatly in the pros....there is much better chance that he is a bust in baseball over football....also if football does not work out he can try baseball.....lot harder going the other way.....clearly this was the best choice by Murray....even he is like a Tebow...he is relevant and still making money,......the kid will play......

2 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

do even know Harpers history and how get to this point?????.....he played juco at 17 and waited to be drafted at 18...played almost immediatly in the pros....there is much better chance that he is a bust in baseball over football....also if football does not work out he can try baseball.....lot harder going the other way.....clearly this was the best choice by Murray....even he is like a Tebow...he is relevant and still making money,......the kid will play......

Yep I know the whole background of Harper. 

Wilson went from baseball to football

Tim tebow went from football to baseball. 

So yeah I guess Murray if football doesnt work out can try baseball. 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Do you think that tua declaring may get Beck there with the selling point of being a day 1 starter similar to Trevor Lawrence?

You'll have to remind me who beck is.

When tua leaves the qb play will be btw bear Bryant's grandson or tua brother tualia. 

20 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yep I know the whole background of Harper. 

Wilson went from baseball to football

Tim tebow went from football to baseball. 

So yeah I guess Murray if football doesnt work out can try baseball. 

you make it sound like they could make it to the MLB....not happening....statistically not gonna happen for Murray either.......

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Most of you guys have been doubting this kid since his days at Allen. Hell DJ sd he wd be lucky to play baseball at the next level. The kid is lightening in a bottle. He throws better then Vick ever did and is faster. The way the NFL is going this kid will be an all pro

I think this kid is a winner.  He is special and as long as he can do the mental part, he has the potential to be great.  IMHO.

Faster than Vick?  Do you know their 40 times.

2 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Most of you guys have been doubting this kid since his days at Allen. Hell DJ sd he wd be lucky to play baseball at the next level. The kid is lightening in a bottle. He throws better then Vick ever did and is faster. The way the NFL is going this kid will be an all pro

Not sure many were doubting him since he won 3 state titles at Allen.

did DJ doubt his baseball or next level football advancement?

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Famu is definitely among one of the best smaller school football programs in the country

They may have fallen off lately but they were very good for a long time

Only HBCU to win the FCS National Championship and actually beat the Miami Hurricanes that year.  I think Nate Newton was on that team.  

When Baker Mayfield is "significantly" taller than you, odds are you are going to suck at QB in the NFL.

The only comparable sized player was Doug Flutie. And Flutie has intangibles like no other.  And he played in an era where the players were not quite as big and fast.

28 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Kyler is 5'9 with a decent, not great, arm. He weighs 175 or 180. If teams waste a first round pick on him as a qb they are desperate or stupid. If you can pick him up in the 5th round, go ahead. But this is a dumb fascination by some teams.

Hes 5'10 according to the draft prep people 

they also said 207 for weight. He must be eating his ass off since the football season ended. Which will undoubtedly make them slower. And since he's not going to do a damn thing at the combine except for getting measured, whoever takes him is taking a big risk.

3 minutes ago, 181pl said:

they also said 207 for weight. He must be eating his ass off since the football season ended. Which will undoubtedly make them slower. And since he's not going to do a damn thing at the combine except for getting measured, whoever takes him is taking a big risk.

I agree with you. Looks like kingsbury put his foot in his mouth and now basically has to take murray

Talent > size for anyone that truly knows football. Kyler will no doubt kill it in the league. They said he was too small in HS, won 3 state championships. They said he was too small for college....won a Heisman and would've won a ship if Riley gives him a defense.

Notice how pretty much everyone outside of Texas fails to understand this concept. Not surprising since Texans know more about football than anyone else in the world.

Seriously, imagine saying Haskins or that scrub Jones from Duke is better than Murray because "they're bigger".

Image result for laughing gif

Damn I'm glad I know football.

1 hour ago, WulfTangClan said:

Talent > size for anyone that truly knows football. Kyler will no doubt kill it in the league. They said he was too small in HS, won 3 state championships. They said he was too small for college....won a Heisman and would've won a ship if Riley gives him a defense.

Notice how pretty much everyone outside of Texas fails to understand this concept. Not surprising since Texans know more about football than anyone else in the world.

Seriously, imagine saying Haskins or that scrub Jones from Duke is better than Murray because "they're bigger".

I hope your right. I just don't want my team taking him in round 1. Great kid. Great ball player. Just may not translate to NFL. 

3 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Yes! Texans and their infinite football wisdom is obviously why the state has one national title in how many years and hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Clinton was humidoring interns.

thanks for chuckle Bro. I do agree with you on one thing. 

Talent>Size everyday. Doesn’t mean Murray will make it, but I do agree there. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

What risk? The film is there. What do scouts gain from looking at a qb throwing passes with no pressure from dline and no db covering. Him not participating in drills wont make the risk any bigger or smaller. Every player is a 50/50 boom or bust

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WulfTangClan said:

Jones and haskins is more fit for the giants at 6 than Murray is just based off of how they play 

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Yes! Texans and their infinite football wisdom is obviously why the state has one national title in how many years and hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Clinton was humidoring interns.

thanks for chuckle Bro. I do agree with you on one thing. 

Talent>Size everyday. Doesn’t mean Murray will make it, but I do agree there. 

13 years is how long it's been.  Please list all those others won during that time.  Really not that long at all and played for another without Colt McCoy 9 yrs ago.  That's more than 90% of the States in America.  5 Super bowls in the last 40 yrs .  only 2 others with more.  How many SBs have your State won? So clearly most are  not doing better than Texas in football.