West Monroe and Longview will play in 2019 and 2020 in Shreveport.

RedZone

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

LV's QB is now rated the #1 QB in TX by 247.  He'll b tough to deal with. 

#2 Dual-threat nationally behind the Mater Dei kid...

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/RecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&Position=DUAL

LSU has a great shot of landing him also...a lot of his family is still in Louisiana. 

• Like 2

I do like these 2 year arrangements......a lot better than these 1-hit wonder games. Both Rummel OOS games this year are home/home as well.

.....sidenote:

Longview is about the same distance to Shreveport as West Monroe......give or take.

Longview, TX is 70 miles to Shreveport.

West Monroe, La is 97.1 miles to Shreveport.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Some schools in Texas are considered "metro Dallas and metro Houston" even though they are 50-60 miles from the actual cities.

Is Longview,TX being 69.9 miles from Shreveport really a metro Shreveport, La team? 

😎

Do you get some satisfaction that Longview is close to the Louisiana Boarder?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

Do you get some satisfaction that Longview is close to the Louisiana Boarder?

Not much really......I'm in NOLA.

Just making an observation......does it upset you Longview in on the Louisiana/Texas border and they are coached by a Louisiana boy?

Most of you Texans don't give Longview their due in my estimation though.

Anyways, East Texas/North Louisiana = pretty good football....

On 3/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, RedZone said:

Just making an observation......does it upset you Longview in on the Louisiana/Texas border and they are coached by a Louisiana boy?

Anyways, East Texas/North Louisiana = pretty good football....

I have pretty much always given Louisiana credit.  Except on those occasions when you got me going.

Coach King is not the first from Louisiana to win state over here.  My good friend Mike Valerie won one at Kilgore and after he retired moved back to Louisiana and was inducted into the Louisiana football HOF.

The staff at Neville under Coach McCarty who played for coach Val is extremely good.  

The Longview vs W Monroe will be competitive game for both teams.

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I have pretty much always given Louisiana credit.  Except on those occasions when you got me going.

Coach King is not the first from Louisiana to win state over here.  My good friend Mike Valerie won one at Kilgore and after he retired moved back to Louisiana and was inducted into the Louisiana football HOF.

The staff at Neville under Coach McCarty who played for coach Val is extremely good.  

The Longview vs W Monroe will be competitive game for both teams.

Yeah. West Monroe first team and Longview’s second team 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah. West Monroe first team and Longview’s second team 😉

Longview is pretty damn good.  Make no mistake about it Longview would not have won Div 1 state title.  It remains to be seen how hungry all the players at Longview will be this coming season.

48 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Longview is pretty damn good.  Make no mistake about it Longview would not have won Div 1 state title.  It remains to be seen how hungry all the players at Longview will be this coming season.

I know. I remember when average 2nd round loser Longview chopped down state champ Neville 19-13. So a state championship caliber team now is gonna do hella damage. 

West Monroe has either lost, or almost lost to some perceived inferior OOS teams. And it goes with the quality of football played in LA. It’s a junior varsity state compared to Texas. Look what Allen did to state champ Evangel. 

Lousiana’s best are in constant dog fights with aberage Texas teams. So when they play an elite one it’s curtains. This game will be no different 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, RedZone said:

Anyways, East Texas/NorthEAST Louisiana = pretty good football....

FIFY

NW is meh...as usual.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:42 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I know. I remember when average 2nd round loser Longview chopped down state champ Neville 19-13. So a state championship caliber team now is gonna do hella damage. 

West Monroe has either lost, or almost lost to some perceived inferior OOS teams. And it goes with the quality of football played in LA. It’s a junior varsity state compared to Texas. Look what Allen did to state champ Evangel. 

Lousiana’s best are in constant dog fights with aberage Texas teams. So when they play an elite one it’s curtains. This game will be no different 

Evangel won state last year???  That's news to me...

On 3/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, Kalven said:

I mean, it was almost an identical game. Both team dominated early, struggled in the 3rd and pulled away in the 4th.

It should be a pretty good game...

Longview has the better offense (more balanced)...but they dont see option much in Texas and we all saw what Tascosa did after Longview played like they thought the game was already over.

If Longview defends it like they did against Tascosa in the 1st half...they win going away due to WM's lingering secondary issues (It's been slightly better lately).  If they defend it like the 2nd half of Tascosa or like they did vs Byrd the last time they were at the BOB...Well...game is losable.

Let's not forget...as good as the Lobos were...they could be ran on.