West Monroe and Longview will play in 2019 and 2020 in Shreveport.

RedZone

14 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

It should be a pretty good game...

Longview has the better offense (more balanced)...but they dont see option much in Texas and we all saw what Tascosa did after Longview played like they thought the game was already over.

If Longview defends it like they did against Tascosa in the 1st half...they win going away due to WM's lingering secondary issues (It's been slightly better lately).  If they defend it like the 2nd half of Tascosa or like they did vs Byrd the last time they were at the BOB...Well...game is losable.

Let's not forget...as good as the Lobos were...they could be ran on.

Longview could be run on LAST year.  King and any top coach will address these weaknesses.  I wouldn’t expect their run defense to be their weak link this season 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, RedZone said:

Not much really......I'm in NOLA.

Just making an observation......does it upset you Longview in on the Louisiana/Texas border and they are coached by a Louisiana boy?

Most of you Texans don't give Longview their due in my estimation though.

Anyways, East Texas/North Louisiana = pretty good football....

@RedZone   I did enjoy the UT sweep of LSU in baseball this past weekend.  

Also, to answer your question.   It does not upset me at all.  I will assure you that Longview is 100% Texas!

John King will be the first to tell you what separates Texas from all the other states - Depth -  He has been quoted saying that their 100 West Monroe's in Texas.  He likes to point to the 2005 season when they beat WM 21-0 and WM won state the same year.  Then 10-0 Longview got beat in the first round by 6-4 3rd place in District South Garland team.  Who he said had athletes equal to anyone he had seen.

14 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

It should be a pretty good game...

Longview has the better offense (more balanced)...but they dont see option much in Texas and we all saw what Tascosa did after Longview played like they thought the game was already over.

If Longview defends it like they did against Tascosa in the 1st half...they win going away due to WM's lingering secondary issues (It's been slightly better lately).  If they defend it like the 2nd half of Tascosa or like they did vs Byrd the last time they were at the BOB...Well...game is losable.

Let's not forget...as good as the Lobos were...they could be ran on.

Lol that tascosa team was sneaky good. They ran one of the best triple options ive ever seen. Led by 3 d1 players in the backfield (1 to purdue, 1 to rice owls and the other went fcs)  And a d1 2020 qb whos an fcs talent at both safety and qb. They also had a top athlete with legit 4.3 speed (10.3 in the 100) going wr and corner who signed to baylor and a top pass rusher in the 2020 class who has 4 p5 offers already.... Just because that team played well vs longview it doesnt mean lv is bad defensively. Tascosa was good, had great coaching and played with a chip on their shoulder being a west texas team. Oh and a big oline and 3 or 4 other studs over the field.

54 minutes ago, Texasball said:

He likes to point to the 2005 season when they beat WM 21-0 and WM won state the same year.  Then 10-0 Longview got beat in the first round by 6-4 3rd place in District South Garland team.  Who he said had athletes equal to anyone he had seen.

football wasn't very good here in 2005 period....how could it be?

Longview has a long history of stumbling and fumbling around in the playoffs.........so what if Garland beat Longview that year. It happens here as well.

If there are 100 West Monroe's in Texas why don't all those 100 teams have 5 active NFL players like West Monroe?

Being you are one of the more sillier posters at this site you could try to name the 100 West Monroe's in TX. Humor us.

The next year (2006) West Monroe beat Longview 19-15......West Monroe lost first round of the 5A playoffs to 4-loss Sulphur.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-monroe-rebels-(west-monroe,la)/football-fall-06/schedule.htm

Depth?

These games don't mean much truthfully.....

CE Bryd (Shreveport) beat Longview 22-15 in 2014...are there 100 CE Byrds in Texas as well? 

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/byrd-yellow-jackets-(shreveport,la)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Longview has a long history of stumbling and fumbling around in the playoffs.........so what if Garland beat Longview that year. It happens here as well.

If there are 100 West Monroe's in Texas why don't all those 100 teams have 5 active NFL players like West Monroe?

Being you are one of the more sillier posters at this site you could try to name the 100 West Monroe's in TX. Humor us.

What does 5 active players have to do with this?  In your estimation how many active players in the NFL never played on championship HS team - Hell some never even won a playoff game?  Does having a future pro player on any team mean that team is automatically good?   The level of actual play at anyone HS is not determined by the number of pros actively in the NFL.  What Impact did any of the active pro's have on last years team.

West Monroe is good football program.  They would be considered quality program in Texas (IMO) That does not change the fact that we have many many programs that can play with them and beat them any given year or week.

Do I need to name them?

The only damn reason Longview struggled in the playoffs was because of the competition - Period end of story!  Anything else is just hogwash excuse.

Mike Vallery coaching at Kilgore - once said the difference in the playoffs in Louisiana and Texas -  in Louisiana you circle the automatic wins before the playoffs and you might have to really play in 1 or 2 games.  It starts in the 1st round here.

Just for the record Mike's 2004 kilgore team won state in Texas class 4A -  They beat Marshall more than Longview who was 5A and who beat ECA 5A State champs - who beat WM on the finals.  Meanwhile Kilgore wins the last 3 playoffs games by these scores 26-21, 10-7, 33-27.  

There is potentially 4 ex Allen Eagles who could be drafted this year who all at one time or another played on the exact same team at the exact same time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

It wouldn't do any good because you can't see past the teams winning state or coming close to it here in Texas.  In your poor thoughts, less winning Texas teams could not possibly be at the level of a WM.  Yet a 6-4 3rd place district finish team South Garland did what the Louisiana State Champ could not do -  They beat Longview head to head.   I guess you believe Longview just rolled over and gave them the game.  The truth was South Garland matched up athlete for athlete and they pulled out tough victory.  It's just that simple.

The 5 teams that beat South Garland that year combined for 13 more loses.  

I get it.  There is no chance for you to understand the Texas Depth because you come from such a small state -  It's just to mind boggling to wrap your mind around all the teams.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

The next year (2006) West Monroe beat Longview 19-15......West Monroe lost first round of the 5A playoffs to 4-loss Sulphur.

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/west-monroe-rebels-(west-monroe,la)/football-fall-06/schedule.htm

Depth?

These games don't mean much truthfully.....

CE Bryd (Shreveport) beat Longview 22-15 in 2014...are there 100 CE Byrds in Texas as well? 

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/byrd-yellow-jackets-(shreveport,la)/football-fall-15/schedule.htm

dude you are missing the point.  Nobody said Longview was some dominate team every year.  

Two coaches from Louisiana and one who is in the Louisiana HOF have spoken.  They don't have any reason to talk shit on Louisiana.

Longview would just be one of those teams that would typically be like West Monroe.

By the way is not like Longview was really special either of those years.   It was 2015 when Byrd beat Longview -  Longview didn't go far and hell they was playing in 5A div 1  which was at best our 3rd best playoff bracket behind the big boys playing in 6A Div 1 and 6A Div 2

I know what you mean Tex.

Florida sent a small team with about 700 in enrollment to play West Monroe in their house. They were a 3A team. And blew the doors off West Monroe 31-7. It could have been 38-7 but American Heritage was kneeling inside the 10 to not be disrespectful. 

That same Florida team got to the second round of those 3A playoffs and got their ass handed to them 34-17. 

So i understand exactly what your talking about. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/contest/default.aspx?contestid=edeee232-c57b-46e3-847a-8bfc1b676c10&ssid=37631434-bc40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c#tab=box-score&schoolid=

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Lol that tascosa team was sneaky good. They ran one of the best triple options ive ever seen. Led by 3 d1 players in the backfield (1 to purdue, 1 to rice owls and the other went fcs)  And a d1 2020 qb whos an fcs talent at both safety and qb. They also had a top athlete with legit 4.3 speed (10.3 in the 100) going wr and corner who signed to baylor and a top pass rusher in the 2020 class who has 4 p5 offers already.... Just because that team played well vs longview it doesnt mean lv is bad defensively. Tascosa was good, had great coaching and played with a chip on their shoulder being a west texas team. Oh and a big oline and 3 or 4 other studs over the field.

I didn't say Longview was "bad" defensively...I was pointing out weaknesses that were being exploited to a degree.

Tascosa was an example.  Other team ran decently against the Lobos also...Just not to the caliber of Tascosa.

I knew about Tascosa when Haltom had to head west and play them.  I kinda waited for them to have one of those bad games option teams have (4-5 fumbles, falling behind too early, etc.)  It didn't happen until Longview.

But this is a different year...Maybe Horsefly will become thier DC and have one of the best defenses in the state.

Im sure King and company will attempt to address the issues.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I know what you mean Tex.

Florida sent a small team with about 700 in enrollment to play West Monroe in their house. They were a 3A team. And blew the doors off West Monroe 31-7. It could have been 38-7 but American Heritage was kneeling inside the 10 to not be disrespectful. 

That same Florida team got to the second round of those 3A playoffs and got their ass handed to them 34-17. 

So i understand exactly what your talking about. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/m/contest/default.aspx?contestid=edeee232-c57b-46e3-847a-8bfc1b676c10&ssid=37631434-bc40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c#tab=box-score&schoolid=

So did 2A Calvary (With an enrollment smaller than AH).  What's ya point?

Your anti-Louisianaitis is showing again.

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

saying there is 100 WM in Texas is not slap in the face of WM.  It’s just one coaches opinion who has coached in both states.  

WM is and has been good program for long time.

If he even said that then he's full of shit. 

Why do you and your type get so giddy about silly stuff?

If a Louisiana team beats a Louisiana state champ it means absolutely nothing....there's regular season football and playoff football.

and,

A 10-0 West Monroe got knocked out of our 5A playoffs 1st round 2006 and 2007. Depth?

There used to be an insecure Florida idiot that posted here and brought his brand of stupidity to every OOS thread he touched. Don't be that guy.

Like your seasonal track nonsense. You get on here and post about hundreds of hundreds of fast kids in TX as it relates to football, but yet Texas may have 30 or so drafted in the NFL this year. Your numbers do NOT add up. lol

Enjoy the game like most people.

38 minutes ago, LaReb said:

WM lost in the second round of the playoffs in 06 & 07

Yeah, that's correct. 

I saw on Maxpreps West Monroe was 10-1 both years. I guess they only played 9 regular season games both years.

Doesn't change the point though.......in Texas, if a 3 or 4 loss team beats one of their highly regarded teams it means  "depth,  depth, and depth" 

14 hours ago, RedZone said:

How did Calvary Baptist hanging 40 on West Monroe get in this thread?

Let me guess...

Saying that there is 100 WM in Texas doesn’t mean that there isn’t any teams in Louisiana who can’t beat them.  

Its simply very big good state vs very good small state.

12 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yeah, that's correct. 

I saw on Maxpreps West Monroe was 10-1 both years. I guess they only played 9 regular season games both years.

Doesn't change the point though.......in Texas, if a 3 or 4 loss team beats one of their highly regarded teams it means  "depth,  depth, and depth" 

Louisiana has depth it’s just on a smaller scale do to the size of the state.

In 2005, the same year Longview, TX beat state champ West Monroe.......2-loss 5A East St John, La beat state champ John Curtis first game of the year 16-6. It was the only Curtis loss in 2005.

In Texas = big deal

In Louisiana = not so much

Some of you people have no idea how truly comical you are.....