Plant @ Gonzaga?

181pl

26 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Gonzaga’s offense will be extremely hard to stop this coming season. They return one of the best QB’s in the 2021 class and will have one of the best OL’s in the country. Depth may be a problem. 

Do you know DeMatha’s OOS games?  MaxPreps shows Imhotep as a home game and I believe there’s also SJR and Richmond’s Life Sciences (name?) Also read that DM scrimmages Philly’s St. Joseph’s Prep.

Assume that DM plays SFA along with SJC, Gonzaga and Good Counsel.  Then for OOS has the Richmond private, SJR and Imhotep along with scrimmages against the top Philly program, St. Joseph’s and the top VA, Westfield.

Excepting the CA games of SJC and SFA (who, again, DM plays), this would be one of the best schedules in America.  

There is a “glamour” in major travel games but also a huge expense.  

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I have absolutely no involvement or knowledge but absent a sponsor like Plank ($15 million?) or SFA who seems to be investing part of his personal fortune there are responsible limits for what an enduring program can invest.

Good Counsel is playing a better schedule too...LCA is a joke...Imhotep was not close last year...the only non-league challenge we know of is SJR who was not a top 50 team last year. Is Avalon still on the schedule? Friendship Collegiate? Franklin? All of a sudden DeMatha is financially hamstrung? Hopefully the talk about SFA is true...but I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

AHP and #9,000 nationally Leesburg 

AHP?  Wow,  missed that one.   I'm not sure what the deal is with AHP.   They lost 3 starters minimum off the defense via transfer... including this talented recruit, after 2 seasons leaves AHP for McArthur?   https://247sports.com/player/ruben-hyppolite-ii-46051515/

19 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Good Counsel is playing a better schedule too...LCA is a joke...Imhotep was not close last year...the only non-league challenge we know of is SJR who was not a top 50 team last year. Is Avalon still on the schedule? Friendship Collegiate? Franklin? All of a sudden DeMatha is financially hamstrung? Hopefully the talk about SFA is true...but I doubt it.

DM is not financially hamstrung, they just don’t have a billionaire donating directly to the athletic program. If SJC didn’t have Plank they wouldn’t play any of these OOS games. McGregor took over, what, two months ago? If DM plays SFA, SJR, Imhotep, LCA etc...that’s a great OOS schedule. Not the best, but it’s still great. They’re playing a top 5 national champion contender, a BNU, and 2-3 decent teams. The WCAC regular season gives you 3-4 nationally ranked games as is. McGregor has always been a “win the league first” kind of coach. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

DM is not financially hamstrung, they just don’t have a billionaire donating directly to the athletic program. If SJC didn’t have Plank they wouldn’t play any of these OOS games. McGregor took over, what, two months ago? If DM plays SFA, SJR, Imhotep, LCA etc...that’s a great OOS schedule. Not the best, but it’s still great. They’re playing a top 5 national champion contender, a BNU, and 2-3 decent teams. The WCAC regular season gives you 3-4 nationally ranked games as is. McGregor has always been a “win the league first” kind of coach. 

If they play SFA then they have a respectable (not great) schedule...if not, not a very strong non-league schedule.  Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen ( although I hope it does...would be an interesting game). And my understanding is that Plank contributed to the entire school (not directly to the Athletic department or football...although obviously everybody benefits). 

9 hours ago, WCACguy said:

If they play SFA then they have a respectable (not great) schedule...if not, not a very strong non-league schedule.  Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen ( although I hope it does...would be an interesting game). And my understanding is that Plank contributed to the entire school (not directly to the Athletic department or football...although obviously everybody benefits). 

Respectable compared to who? SJC? That was the point of my post. You can’t compare anyone to SJC. They are in a different galaxy. DM doesn’t have a billionaire funding the football program. Yes, the entire school benefited from the Plank donation, but it’s overly obvious that the football team is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to beneficiaries. They’ve won a total of 1 WCAC championship in 30 years and they are flying 100+ people all over the country for multiple OOS games a year. I don’t see the girls soccer team doing that. And yes, I’m extremely jealous of SJC’s football situation. 

If we are comparing DM to the rest of the national top 100, then yea, they have a great schedule. Not the best, but still great. They’ll play 4-5 top 100 teams for 2019. One of those is a top 5 national champ contender. I’m not going to do the exact math, but I’m almost certain that puts them in the “great” category for schedules. 

We’ll see when the schedule comes out. DM will be better this season, so I’m hoping for the best. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

??? SJC is flying one time this season. For the Duncanville game. Of their six OOS games, four are home and one is at Rutgers (by bus) in addition to the TX trip. #jealousyisugly

Haha. I know your relationship with the SJC guys so I’ll go easy here, but you don’t have to be so sensitive. #jealousisugly is about as over dramatic as it gets. I said I am extremely jealous of what SJC has. Everyone is. It’s a great situation. I never put SJC down. In fact, I’m putting them in their own category. How is that ugly? 

Just because I’m not using SJC as the bar for every team in the country doesn’t mean I’m putting them down at all. Other than their game against DM, I’m a SJC fan. I appreciate what they are doing for the WCAC. 

Quick question though...How did SJC get to CBA and Hoover last season? Bus? No. They have the resources to do what they want, when they want. I’m just being real about the situation. Saying that doesn’t mean I’m putting them down in any way. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Haha. I know your relationship with the SJC guys so I’ll go easy here, but you don’t have to be so sensitive. #jealousisugly is about as over dramatic as it gets. I said I am extremely jealous of what SJC has. Everyone is. It’s a great situation. I never put SJC down. In fact, I’m putting them in their own category. How is that ugly? 

Just because I’m not using SJC as the bar for every team in the country doesn’t mean I’m putting them down at all. Other than their game against DM, I’m a SJC fan. I appreciate what they are doing for the WCAC. 

Quick question though...How did SJC get to CBA and Hoover last season? Bus? No. They have the resources to do what they want, when they want. I’m just being real about the situation. Saying that doesn’t mean I’m putting them down in any way. 

Actually they did bus back from Alabama after the game was postponed to Saturday and they missed their flight home...lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Best ribs I’ve had. Dreamland is a mandatory stop when anywhere near Tuscaloosa. 

Driving to Tuscaloosa from anywhere is a pain but Dreamland is damn good... 

Furthest I've ever driven by myself... From Savannah to Boston....  

I've also been from Savannah to Houston... 

Ughhhh.....  Texas traffic isn't as bad as I thought it would be... 

But driving through Mississippi is depressing... 

• Like 2