Colquitt Is Close To Announcing A New Head Coach

Rufus69

As a matter of fact...we're this close....<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

We were this close last Friday....<----------------------------------->

Somehow...I think the powers that be have got this thing backwards...LOL.

I blame HawGoneIt.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

As a matter of fact...we're this close....<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

I blame HawGoneIt.....

Rufus>>

What the hell was this post supposed to accomplish

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I blame HawGoneIt.....

Rufus>>

I had a pretty good friend one time that's favorite saying was, "Just blame it on me." 

To be honest, most of the time he was to blame, but occasionally, he took the blame when he wasn't to blame. 

Having said that, I feel like I fall into the latter category but, I'll adopt his attitude this time. 

Just blame it on me!

Personally, I blame this guy...

fih_1554000846702.gif.f5e70e2191477cd4df2dfdaaa3b0ecf4.gif

DH says losing control of your students is a reason for ouster. We have JD with a big red nose that lost control of his students enough that 12 were arrested in 2 days for fighting. 

Apparently this same JD has major say so in the Colquitt Head Coach job... and no, not the Colquitt over in Miller County just in case you thought so.

xD

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

What the hell was this post supposed to accomplish

Apparently the same thing your's was meant to accomplish?

Us Colquitt guys gotta be able to let some steam off about the circus at the BOE somewhere. 

The rumors come out from seemingly solid sources that we have a coach on the line and this is who he is... Then, that changes a few days later and it's this guy... then that changes again a few days later and it's someone else. 

Then we get that they'll be announcing on April 8th. Then that day comes and goes. 

Well... Rufus' post makes perfect sense to me. As far as we know, we may never have a coach again. Just an interim. Lol

So many things to be considered. Acceptance by the community, players, boosters and especially the administration. 

Boundries to be defined, expected protocol  with folks outside the school, attendance policies. And the fact that this hire is viewed with contempt and frustration.

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Apparently the same thing your's was meant to accomplish?

Us Colquitt guys gotta be able to let some steam off about the circus at the BOE somewhere. 

The rumors come out from seemingly solid sources that we have a coach on the line and this is who he is... Then, that changes a few days later and it's this guy... then that changes again a few days later and it's someone else. 

Then we get that they'll be announcing on April 8th. Then that day comes and goes. 

Well... Rufus' post makes perfect sense to me. As far as we know, we may never have a coach again. Just an interim. Lol

Sounds like a train wreck

2 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

So many things to be considered. Acceptance by the community, players, boosters and especially the administration. 

Boundries to be defined, expected protocol  with folks outside the school, attendance policies. And the fact that this hire is viewed with contempt and frustration.

My guess is ...this is your "Charlie Green" hire....but just not with as high of winning percentage...LOL.

Rufus>>

Well nobody would have wanted to follow the Baze. If memory serves me Joe wanted the job before Charlie was announced. After two very good years in the same region as Thomasville and several SC and a NC they won Charlie was unfairly discharged and Joe moved on to Lowndes. Issue was that the Cats thought ordering up another SC was just a matter of doing it. That’s when the rest of the state started the process of catching up. 

Colquitt is now in this era and will  expect the same results whether it is fair or not.

I did hear a truth about a particular individual having a few drinks the other night and calling every school board member. 

Only one answered. 

I didn't hear what he said to her or how long she listened before hanging up on him though. 

xD

I'm guessing this group will have more of that to deal with. I never really see any of them out in public much except for the superintendent and one board member that dresses pretty urban for Moultrie. 

25 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Well nobody would have wanted to follow the Baze. If memory serves me Joe wanted the job before Charlie was announced. After two very good years in the same region as Thomasville and several SC and a NC they won Charlie was unfairly discharged and Joe moved on to Lowndes. Issue was that the Cats thought ordering up another SC was just a matter of doing it. That’s when the rest of the state started the process of catching up. 

Colquitt is now in this era and will  expect the same results whether it is fair or not.

Unfairly discharged???????

Green lost (3) games in two years !!!!!

And (2) of them were to Moultrie !!!!!

The man had to go....

Rufus>>

Rufus please review this post in the next three years. Things will have changed drastically for you and the Pack. You will be attending more events with Ms. Violet during the Fall. Rab will return to the Baze with his Gold and Black Pom Poms. Your consumption of 1800 will skyrocket until you receive that stern look from your above mentioned bride. The current Superintendent at Colquitt will become the State Superintendent championing athletic reform. And finally Colquitt will return to their previous role of Red Headed Stepchild of Lowndes. As you used to say In jest “oh woes us.” 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Rufus please review this post in the next three years. Things will have changed drastically for you and the Pack. You will be attending more events with Ms. Violet during the Fall. Rab will return to the Baze with his Gold and Black Pom Poms. Your consumption of 1800 will skyrocket until you receive that stern look from your above mentioned bride. The current Superintendent at Colquitt will become the State Superintendent championing athletic reform. And finally Colquitt will return to their previous role of Red Headed Stepchild of Lowndes. As you used to say In jest “oh woes us.” 

A couple of things....

Ms. Violet monitors my intake of 1800 and Woodford Reserve  pretty durn closely.  Uh, it ain't gonna skyrocket.  You are correct when you say I'll be attending more events with Ms. "V" in the fall.  Before this mess with Rush evolved...we had discussed buying our season tickets but being selective of the games we would actually attend.  Too many things on the bucket list and time is getting shorter.

I have posted for a while that 2019 would not be a stellar year for Colquitt.  Even if the thing with Rush had not occurred...we would have been lucky to go 8-4.  i don't see us doing anywhere near that well at this point.  Truthfully...2020 could be woeful as well.  There's no way to know at this point.  But I will say this...I don't think Lowndes is that much better off than we are.  Randy doesn't seem to have the same interest in football he once had.  It will be interesting for you guys when you hafta go thru replacing him.  Not under our circumstances of course...but it will still be unsettling.

Finally...it will ALWAYS be...Oh Woe Is Us...from me.  It was even the years we went unbeaten.  As an aside...just heard today...Jim Hughes, Jeff Heron and Rance Gillespie turned us down.  I realize that's rumor...but....(Smile).....

Rufus>>

Oh very well aware that change is in the air here at Valhalla. And like I discussed previously the transition between Miller and Mac happened so will his replacement. Coach Hughes is an elder now, Herron doesn’t want it any longer and well Rance doesn’t want any 1-7A action. 

And dang youd a thought everyone would flock to Colquitt for that indoor livestock venue.

3 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Oh very well aware that change is in the air here at Valhalla. And like I discussed previously the transition between Miller and Mac happened so will his replacement. Coach Hughes is an elder now, Herron doesn’t want it any longer and well Rance doesn’t want any 1-7A action. 

And dang youd a thought everyone would flock to Colquitt for that indoor livestock venue.

The IPF doesn't look so good with this here painted on the side of it though...

20190330_224751.jpg.f1444d777ddb3d0ea75a38edffc58ab3.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ohh man this guy is gonna get eaten alive by the Board members

i give him 30 days max until he’s assistant coach again 

372D9309-F086-45DA-8A4F-53E9D19AC439.jpeg

I don't think he'd have much issue with the board or admin.

It's community support where it seems like he'll have difficulties. He's unproven as a head coach and been passed over by North Gwinnett before coming to Colquitt. 

I like Troy, but, a top tier 7A program probably isn't the right place to cut your teeth as a head coach. I mean, he maybe could do it. I'm not feeling that many in the community think that way though.

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's community support where it seems like he'll have difficulties. He's unproven as a head coach and been passed over by North Gwinnett before coming to Colquitt. 

I like Troy, but, a top tier 7A program probably isn't the right place to cut your teeth as a head coach. I mean, he maybe could do it. I'm not feeling that many in the community think that way though.

Just look at what happened to Hunnicutt at Grayson. The same will happen for Troy at Colquitt. Actually, it will be more disasterous because he won't have an abundance of high profile transfers to help hide his weaknesses as a new HC.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Has colcuts ever had a black HC? 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Just look at what happened to Hunnicutt at Grayson. The same will happen for Troy at Colquitt. Actually, it will be more disasterous because he won't have an abundance of high profile transfers to help hide his weaknesses as a new HC.

I certainly think that a program like Colquitt or Grayson, requires a proven entity at the helm.

The fact that Troy isn't already out there selling or hasn't already sold himself the "right" people on his ability, is already proof enough that he'd fail under the pressure of the community in a short period of time. Not talking about the BOE or admin when I say "right" people either. 

Like it or not, politicking is part of what it takes to make a program as large and successful as Colquitt go. Not the normal old R, D, I type politicking, but, getting the support of the right folks is pretty much a must. No matter how much our BOE and admin don't want that to be so. 

It may actually be worse here than in other places with a more transient population, Idk. Can't speak to that. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wasn't sure whether to answer this outright or use a reaction.

I've decided that perhaps a reaction will explain it easier. 

Lol..  It's just an honest question.  I know thinks work different in the south sometimes, but honestly was just wondering.  Sheesh

• Like 1