Long Process

MTP28

47 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Funny thing is this: that same lincoln team might be the most successful out of all the florida schools being mentioned right now (columbia included). I do remember Lincoln beating armwood in the championship in 2010 and finishing as the state runner up in 2012 (lost to STA). 

Lincoln had a few years of dominance but don't have the same staying power

Columbia has been among the top North FL teams since the 1960s

None of those schools (Lincoln included can say that)

8 minutes ago, Fred said:

@Columbiafan, You ought to see what MTP is saying on the GA board about Lowndes meeting Columbia.  It is a hoot.

https://247sports.com/high-school/georgia/Board/106025/Contents/Hey-mtp28--131147776/

I get a kick out of Rab's revisionist history...Every time. 

One quick pass through the topics over there shows with ease why he didn't make it here. After numerous chances and being asked nicely, not so nicely etc. 

He just can't separate his casual football or any other convo from politics. Even if it's jokingly. Folks are looking for a freedom from that bullshit. It doesn't need to be mixed in every single thing almost all the time. We are inundated with that crap everywhere. The news. Twitter. Our news feeds online. At the restaurant some old codgers are usually in the corner talking too loud about it. 

Etc.

No fly zone on that spiel here. There is a second side of this site designated specifically for that crap, and he couldn't find the way, even with a map. xD

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Fred said:

@Columbiafan, You ought to see what MTP is saying on the GA board about Lowndes meeting Columbia.  It is a hoot.

https://247sports.com/high-school/georgia/Board/106025/Contents/Hey-mtp28--131147776/

We got more respect to our name than those slap dicks they have played from FL like Leon, Bayside,ect.

They want to play columbia then they can come with a home and home offer or maybe they aren't that serious about a game as i thought

Columbia we travel pretty good. And really it’s just like a trip to Tifton Or Moultrie. Truth is we most likely aren’t much different than y’all. We go about our work but not a lot of talk unless it’s the Packers. Football runs in cycles for us, Packers and most all teams. With regard to Rab and his political ramblings he’s like our crazy uncle that lives in the attic. Rufus tends to be the much more calculated elder statesmen from our region. I have about an eighths worth of sympathy for Colquitt as the devil did come down to Georgia and he set it on fire. Colquitt is now in transition much like my Vikings will soon be.

5 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Columbia we travel pretty good. And really it’s just like a trip to Tifton Or Moultrie. Truth is we most likely aren’t much different than y’all. We go about our work but not a lot of talk unless it’s the Packers. Football runs in cycles for us, Packers and most all teams. With regard to Rab and his political ramblings he’s like our crazy uncle that lives in the attic. Rufus tends to be the much more calculated elder statesmen from our region. I have about an eighths worth of sympathy for Colquitt as the devil did come down to Georgia and he set it on fire. Colquitt is now in transition much like my Vikings will soon be.

Lowndes is close enough to us where we wouldn't need travel assistance

Only however we would likely expect to get a home game out of the deal if we drove up there

1 minute ago, MTP28 said:

I’m not sure about the return as either GHSA May have to approve. I’m sure Rufus would have insight into that. What’s Florida policy 

Only policy I'm aware of now for scheduling is that games now require signed contracts after we have had many issues in past of teams dropping a game after first year when on handshake agreement

They also have a clause where FL teams must play at least 60% of their schedule against FL teams 

So if you have 10 games at least 6 have to be in FL

However that rule doesn't apply to independents which is why IMG can play a national schedule

In other words FL is very relaxed on scheduling compared to a lot of other states

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

I’m not sure about the return as either GHSA May have to approve. I’m sure Rufus would have insight into that. What’s Florida policy 

Most people don't understand how many pesos are involved for Lowndes and Colquitt to travel.   I mean...it almost bankrupts the Vikings to hafta travel to Mack Tharpe....(Smile).  You fellers have more youngsters in your Lowndes County Walking Band than we do in our Senior class.  That's why Lowndes and Colquitt play as many games at home as possible.

Here's hoping the new Colquitt HC will drop the Corky Kell and add a Home game to our 2020 schedule.  Who knows...I reckon we'll see.

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Most people don't understand how many pesos are involved for Lowndes and Colquitt to travel.   I mean...it almost bankrupts the Vikings to hafta travel to Mack Tharpe....(Smile).  You fellers have more youngsters in your Lowndes County Walking Band than we do in our Senior class.  That's why Lowndes and Colquitt play as many games at home as possible.

Here's hoping the new Colquitt HC will drop the Corky Kell and add a Home game to our 2020 schedule.  Who knows...I reckon we'll see.

Rufus>>

How much money does it cost to drive 1 hour??

Just take the 10k lowndes normally pay slap dicks like Bayside to come to them and put it towards their travel to lake City

Then both teams can get a home game out of it

You can't convince me it costs lowndes 10k to drive a few school buses 1 hour away to play a game

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How much money does it cost to drive 1 hour??

Just take the 10k lowndes normally pay slap dicks like Bayside to come to them and put it towards their travel to lake City

Then both teams can get a home game out of it

You can't convince me it costs lowndes 10k to drive a few school buses 1 hour away to play a game

It’s does unlesss your school drives some Rinky dink Yellow Bus 🚌 to the games..

#CharterLife

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s does unlesss your school drives some Rinky dink Yellow Bus 🚌 to the games..

#CharterLife

It only cost us around 6k to take 2 charter busses 4 hours to Bradenton

You could probably get 3 charter busses which each have 50-60 seats to take 1 hour for under 10k

Last I checked lowndes varsity roster isn't 150 players

It can be done but if they take school buses they will easily have an affordable ride

3 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Lowndes Band has over 500 members. “How big a feller are ya “ I mean how many seats do y’all have?

Doesn't the band do their own fundraising or does football carry their entire funding?

The band at Columbia fundraises themselves

Same with cheer and dance teams

As for seats the road side will easily fit the entire band as the stadium size isn't much smaller on road side compared to home side

3 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Oh I failed to mention that Rufus is an Honorary Member of the Georgia Bridgeman. Holding the highest honor rrhat can be bestowed on a Hog.

Alright...now you done gone too far....(Smile).

It's probably something like this...."who do we want to tar & feather first?"

R-U-F-U-S !!!!!!

LOL...

Rufus>>