Long Process

MTP28

11 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

They should have a decent team this year but there DB have suffered since GR left. They had a pipeline for years at FSU but not a big fan of the seminoles. We used to go play Lake City in club soccer years ago. Pretty good

We used to play lowndes in baseball a bit as well

Wish baseball and softball would start playing the South GA schools again

32 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Rufus the guy that’s the current Superintendent at Colquitt County School System. Does he have experience with a hire as important as Probst replacement 

Well...it's not just him making the hire.   There's several people involved.   Doug will make the presentation to the Board and they will vote...but i believe we have our guy.  Should know for sure either tomorrow or Monday.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, MTP28 said:

Yeah Columbia Lowndes girls SB team was pretty good this past year. My best friends son played on the 2000 year team that won the state. Went on to Clemson great kid and family. Travel baseball has ruined local Boys and Girls Club play

Columbia softball may have been best program out here In past 5-6 years

Since 2012 they have won 3 district titles and a state Title, maybe lowndes should call them up for a game next year

It would benefit both teams and it's close enough where both could get a home game in the deal without having to pay a huge expense

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

But what if Lowndes whoops their ass? 

Then maybe lowndes will have proven they have no more excuses to avoid top FL teams and they would have proven they can hang with good FL schools and should continue playing teams like that and never again schedule garbage like Lincoln, Leon, Bayside or ISB

19 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Then maybe lowndes will have proven they have no more excuses to avoid top FL teams and they would have proven they can hang with good FL schools and should continue playing teams like that and never again schedule garbage like Lincoln, Leon, Bayside or ISB

Or Columbia?

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Anytime my man

Randy obviously has our number since he tried to snatch a coach from us, maybe he can call for a home and home next time

You were quick to throw Leon and Lincoln under the bus.  I looked at your record for the last (5) years.  You were 44-15 with two 1st round losses...2 2nd round losses and a 4th round loss.  That's a .745 winning percentage.  That ain't earth shattering.

By the way....I'm Colquitt County.  

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You were quick to throw Leon and Lincoln under the bus.  I looked at your record for the last (5) years.  You were 44-15 with two 1st round losses...2 2nd round losses and a 4th round loss.  That's a .745 winning percentage.  That ain't earth shattering.

By the way....I'm Colquitt County.  

Rufus>>

It's earth shattering compared to Leon, Lincoln, Bayside and ISB

I don't think Bayside or ISB have any playoff appearances in that stretch

Leon has one or two as a runner up and got knocked out of playoffs in first round

Lincoln keeps winning a district with Leon and Chiles but I don't think they have been past 2nd round in that stretch

We are easily doing better than any of those

Well with all due respect let me say that Lincoln had some pretty decent athletes last year just not enough of them. And as fat as the other Fla. teams it gives them a pay check that props up their other programs. I think sometimes not always some of those out of state games are Over stated.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MTP28 said:

Again Norcross has NOT been relevant in some times. Don’t take my word for it. Sounds like a great win. What year was that yall beat Valdosta.? And BTW Madison beat Valdosta the last time they played. So Columbia is 4-A and Madison?

Norcross has been relevant a lot more recently than Lowndes has.

20 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

It's earth shattering compared to Leon, Lincoln, Bayside and ISB

Funny thing is this: that same lincoln team might be the most successful out of all the florida schools being mentioned right now (columbia included). I do remember Lincoln beating armwood in the championship in 2010 and finishing as the state runner up in 2012 (lost to STA).