Lowndes needs a game 8/30

Nolebull813

32 minutes ago, thevikingnation said:

I agree with you about the OOS teams.  However, you guys on this board seem to put a premium on OOS games when most programs around the country do not.  This is high school football.  I would prefer to play strong in state rivals simply because the fan bases are more passionate and they tend to travel with their teams.  If I had my way, it would be great to see Lee County, Coffee, Northside Warner Robins, and others on the non-region part of the schedule.  

If a quality OOS game were to materialize (like Miami NW) then fine but I don't really care if it happens or not.

I don't feel someone like lowndes truly needs OOS games to make a good schedule but I'm the type of person who feels it you gonna play OOS make it a worthwhile game

I find it disrespectful to entire state to play someone of crap quality just to obliterate them when they could have obliterated a in state team

That's why I have issues with lowndes scheduling a team like Bayside or ISB, they could find a respectable game

There was no reason for them to schedule either team

10 hours ago, thevikingnation said:

I was told the game isn't cancelled just yet.  Waiting on Chamblee to make up their mind.  If the game is cancelled, it's kinda late to add a quality team to your schedule.  Any quality teams out there looking for a game on 8/30?

From what i hear, Chamblee is a glorified JV team and doesn’t want to play Lowndes if they don’t have to. 

If Lowndes finds a replacement, then Chamblee is gone. But if Lowndes can’t find another opponent then Chamblee will come be the International School of Georgia. 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

From what i hear, Chamblee is a glorified JV team and doesn’t want to play Lowndes if they don’t have to. 

If Lowndes finds a replacement, then Chamblee is gone. But if Lowndes can’t find another opponent then Chamblee will come be the International School of Georgia. 

Hey....not so fast.  Chamblee won 7 games...................in the last (5) years.  They were 7-43.  Lowndes was NOT one of the games they won.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey....not so fast.  Chamblee won 7 games...................in the last (5) years.  They were 7-43.  Lowndes was NOT one of the games they won.

Rufus>>

Lowndes loves them some home and homes. Meaning they stay home year 1 and don’t even get off the couch in year 2 😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lowndes loves them some home and homes. Meaning they stay home year 1 and don’t even get off the couch in year 2 😂

Lowndes understands financial cash flow.  Home games puts fannies in the seats and curtails the pesos going out for travel.  They are quite prudent involving their economic plans.

Rufus>>

39 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

Excuse me Nole /HDT what is your team?

My alma Mater (Wharton) is not a football school.  We did make the state championship my senior year with a college football Hall of Fame coach.  But besides that, nothing. 

They would definitely be one of those teams that comes to Lowndes for two years. Lol. 

If I go to a local game it is usually with Plant or Armwood involved

49 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My alma Mater (Wharton) is not a football school.  We did make the state championship my senior year with a college football Hall of Fame coach.  But besides that, nothing. 

They would definitely be one of those teams that comes to Lowndes for two years. Lol. 

If I go to a local game it is usually with Plant or Armwood involved

Wharton @ Lowndes make it happen... 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, MTP28 said:

What about Fort Walton Beach? My Dad was stationed there years ago. I remember them being pretty good. How have they been recently?

Fort Walton has fallen off a lot

Only team in that direct facinity that may give a good game is Crestview

Maybe Escambia or pine Forest or Navarre on a good year

Just now, MTP28 said:

Heard of Escambia before. What size is Crestview!

Crestview about same size as niceville currently

Word is niceville used to feed off of players in Crestview area but the current coach at Crestview was able to keep players from heading to niceville so now Crestview has talent and niceville is declining as a result