Small School Football Stadiums

TheRealCAJ

6 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

That is nice.  It reminds me of Grayson's stadium....except their visitor's side is smaller.

Rufus>>

Or maybe bigger.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grayson+High+School/@33.8678271,-83.9253211,242m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f5c7825f8c387d:0x92b06db7fb254676!8m2!3d33.8683174!4d-83.9238066

For those that don't know, the large green roof at the top is the field house.  Below it to the left slightly is the concession stand and restrooms.  Top left is the strength building.  The green roof just north west of the visitor stands is the visitor concession stand.  The stadium is behind the school and sits down a hill.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Or maybe bigger.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Grayson+High+School/@33.8678271,-83.9253211,242m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f5c7825f8c387d:0x92b06db7fb254676!8m2!3d33.8683174!4d-83.9238066

For those that don't know, the large green roof at the top is the field house.  Below it to the left slightly is the concession stand and restrooms.  Top left is the strength building.  The green roof just north west of the visitor stands is the visitor concession stand.  The stadium is behind the school and sits down a hill.

You boys don't let Fred kid ya.  Those green leafy things behind the visitor's stands are the bathrooms.  And when he says the stadium is behind the school and sits down a hill....he means mountain.  Rab got down to the bottom and couldn't make it back up.  Grayson charged him $20.00 for an ATV ride.  They had to settle for $5.00 cause that's all he could panhandle.

Come on Rab...jump in this !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 4

I'll do one South Louisiana "small ball" stadium since I did one North.

There's a couple of other really nice small stadiums spread out through the state. Two is enough.

3A State Champ: Lutcher, La (grades 7-12 enrollment 966)-home of one of the best WRs in the game Jarvis Landry (Miami Dolphins)

LHS 002.jpg

LutcherHS_-21.jpg

7 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

You boys don't let Fred kid ya.  Those green leafy things behind the visitor's stands are the bathrooms.  And when he says the stadium is behind the school and sits down a hill....he means mountain.  Rab got down to the bottom and couldn't make it back up.  Grayson charged him $20.00 for an ATV ride.  They had to settle for $5.00 cause that's all he could panhandle.

Come on Rab...jump in this !!!!!

Rufus>>

Depends on which way you go around the school.  One way is mostly flat.  The other, the one most people take, is somewhat ... steep.  The new belay lines should be in by the fall and we don't charge for the safety harness.

No wonder y'all have such bad memories at Grayson!  Those aren't woods, they're people's back yards and no, they aren't real happy to find people in them peeing.  :-)  We are about to lose the handicap parking behind the home stands in the grass as the county will be starting on an addition to the school - 3 story classroom addition as our enrollment is project to grow 500-1000 in the next 3-5 years once the recruiting programs get in full swing.  Lots of residential development getting started in the area.  600+ new homes right next to the school and across the street. 

By the way, most people get rides in the golf carts for free.  I don't know what Rab said to the driver that they charged him $20.  Probably something about our stadium not being worth spit and the team not being any good and then he probably started in on the racial makeup of the team and topped it off with a discussion of the politics of the area.  He's lucky he found someone to give him $5.00.  :-D

• Like 2

As hard as it is to believe, this is the varsity football stadium for 1A New Town High School in Randallstown, Maryland. New Town was opened in 2003 and their athletic field was installed as pictured, without lights or stands. Five years ago about half of the varsity fields in Baltimore County had no permanent stands. They've since installed permanent bleachers at most schools (still no lights) but New Town still looks like this.

This is one end of the 1A football stadium scene in MD.

New Town.jpg

This is also a 1A stadium in MD. Greenway Avenue Stadium in Cumberland, which is in the mountains in far western Maryland. Home to the 5x state champion (have won the last 4 in a row) Fort Hill Sentinels and 8x state champion Allegany Campers. This is the largest HSFB stadium in MD with a capacity of 10,000 and capable of holding 15,000 with the hill seating. Fort Hill and Allegany have a noted rivalry game that still fills the stadium despite Cumberland's population decreasing by half since the stadium was built in the 1930s.

Allegany & Fort Hill.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

This is also a 1A stadium in MD. Greenway Avenue Stadium in Cumberland, which is in the mountains in far western Maryland. Home to the 5x state champion (have won the last 4 in a row) Fort Hill Sentinels and 8x state champion Allegany Campers. This is the largest HSFB stadium in MD with a capacity of 10,000 and capable of holding 15,000 with the hill seating. Fort Hill and Allegany have a noted rivalry game that still fills the stadium despite Cumberland's population decreasing by half since the stadium was built in the 1930s.

Allegany & Fort Hill.jpg

Elebert County Granite Bowl in Northeast GA. Built way back then built completely of Granite. 

GB-e1442365463383.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Elebert County Granite Bowl in Northeast GA. Built way back then built completely of Granite. 

I've always appreciated older stadiums like that one that have a bit of character and aren't just generic aluminum bleachers.

My high school alma mater (McDonogh in Baltimore) has a natural rock stadium also built in the 30s. They're a regional power now but with 525 or so students in the HS I think they still qualify as a small school as well.

78628.thumb.jpg.8a8d5103e58288b26c3fab237d818aa1.jpg

28 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

I've always appreciated older stadiums like that one that have a bit of character and aren't just generic aluminum bleachers.

My high school alma mater (McDonogh in Baltimore) has a natural rock stadium also built in the 30s. They're a regional power now but with 525 or so students in the HS I think they still qualify as a small school as well.

78628.thumb.jpg.8a8d5103e58288b26c3fab237d818aa1.jpg

Elbert County is on the GA-SC border.... 

They used to be A major power in the smaller classes they used to compets with Buford and Cartersville. But the population has been decreasing rapidly everyone there is either moving to Columbia,SC,Augusta,GA or Atlanta. 

Spent a few years growing up in New Mexico and was impressed with Artesia's stadium. Artesia is a town of maybe 12,000.  Bulldog Bowl. They have made improvements to it since way back when I lived in NM (press box). Nice stadium for a town that size. Seats 6,500.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

084.png.321c6e07cda1897f9de32b4a669d8ba4.png

We decided to go to Duluth to pick up another friend and go to Dave and Busters....  

Boy.... 

My new glasses got me some mad digits.... ther was this one older asian lady. Bruh.... she looked good for someone in her 50s... aint gonna lie I tried... she looked baffled as hell. Her niece though.... 

She creeped me out because she approached me first out of nowhere.... 

I swear I was playing the ball drop game and she came out of nowhere and spooked me... she looks so familiar and she complimented my glasses and said I used to go to the Super H Mart... 

Truth be told.... I did... A lot.... 

But I dont remember her....