Off Season Strength and Conditioning Programs

Sycamore78

5 hours ago, Sycamore78 said:

Looking for feedback about how others run their offseason programs including how often the athletes come in, what lifts, what agility drills, football specific drills, etc. 

Not certain as to the specifics BUT! The Colquitt County Packers practice the GOLD STANDARD, in year round weight, agility, and strength training! Routinely, they journey to schools such as Alabama, Auburn, UGA, and even Oregon, to get pointers on the aforementioned, plus the latest in nutrition!

12 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Not certain as to the specifics BUT! The Colquitt County Packers practice the GOLD STANDARD, in year round weight, agility, and strength training! Routinely, they journey to schools such as Alabama, Auburn, UGA, and even Oregon, to get pointers on the aforementioned, plus the latest in nutrition!

Rab...everybody thought that the Arnett grits super nutrition came from the University of Alabama...but that record breaking supplement plan came Straight Outa Lime Sink.  

Rufus>>

43 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol.  Im sure these 2 posts are exactly what the OP was looking for.  

Syracuse,

What type of off season are you talking about?  Like right after the season is over in winter or spring or summer?  Trying to get an idea of what type of program your looking to run.

We are currently on spring break now, and I am looking for suggestions about spring workouts before school lets out in May as well as a summer program. 

Thanks 

14 minutes ago, Sycamore78 said:

We are currently on spring break now, and I am looking for suggestions about spring workouts before school lets out in May as well as a summer program. 

Thanks 

Well I never played football past high school.  Baseball I did but not football.  I did coach JV for a couple years and attended so coaching alliance camps to get certified.  One thing I remember is starting off with building endurance.  Lots of running and plyometrics.  Like jumping on boxes and shit like that.  Speed drills with the parachute.  Same in the weight room, lots of high rep lifting.  Then you can incorporate based on your team needs.  If the big uglies arent big enough then get them on a nutrition program to gain healthy weight.  

3 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Lol.  Im sure these 2 posts are exactly what the OP was looking for.  

Syracuse,

What type of off season are you talking about?  Like right after the season is over in winter or spring or summer?  Trying to get an idea of what type of program your looking to run.

We don't know NUTTIN bout his topic! All WE'S know howta do is WIN, WIN, WIN!:D For specifics, you'll need to consult our director of the FBI!

2 hours ago, Sycamore78 said:

Thanks 

Coming out of Spring Break, I would focus on conditioning. Run the hell out of those boys; you know what the kids do on Spring Break, so to begin with you need to get the booze and unhealthy eating out of them. Also, I would focus on speed, agility, and normal strength training. You could set up a circuit of boxes, ladders, sleds, and hurdles, along with weighted jump ropes, and free weight workouts with low weight and high reps to build strength and endurance.

I'm sure you can find some coaching articles or forums to help you out in more detail. As we may not give the best advice as novice on the topic.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Coming out of Spring Break, I would focus on conditioning. Run the hell out of those boys; you know what the kids do on Spring Break, so to begin with you need to get the booze and unhealthy eating out of them. Also, I would focus on speed, agility, and normal strength training. You could set up a circuit of boxes, ladders, sleds, and hurdles, along with weighted jump ropes, and free weight workouts with low weight and high reps to build strength and endurance.

I'm sure you can find some coaching articles or forums to help you out in more detail. As we may not give the best advice as novice on the topic.

Sir...you did leave out Lime Sink Rule No.3.....

Never Ever...Frigging Never...random drug test directly after Spring Break.

Rufus>>

• Like 1