Question for the men in Moultrie

FootballGuy

6 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I'll stick to the first topic if you don't mind - assuming you played in 94', great freaking season bud!!!  I still enjoy watching two or three of the 94' Packer games on dvd.  You all had a really nice team that season.  I know Ole Rab bust on Dicky Jones but for his size he wasn't all that bad pulling around the tackle and hitting that defensive end at times.  Those title games were my first GA title games I saw back then, I arrived at Robins in November 94'.    

No... I wasn't on the 94 team, I graduated in 94. The Seniors of the 94 championship team graduated in 95. I cant disagree though.... the 94 champs were great though!

6 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The 2014 team played a tougher schedule than the 2015 team. The offense was more mature in 15, but many of those guys were just as productive in '14 as starters.

Me thinks you need to go back and watch film from '14. I think you will find them to have been the better squad.

It's possible. Plausible, actually. I trust your judgement on it 

I'm with you guys on it being very difficult to say whether 2014 or 15 was the better Packer team. 

2014, Bull Barge, Dee Walker and Quentin Hampton destroying ball carriers all season long and Sihiem King taking over games in the 4th quarter, or, 2015, a little less star power on D but whoa buddy, what a passing attack. 

I think talent-wise, you have to go with 2014, because there was the Sihiem King, Bull Barge Dee Walker and Quentin Hampton plus most all of the other guys that went on to repeat in 2015. I personally keep reverting back to how amazing of a job Sean Calhoun did working around the loss of a star rb, and still demolishing everyone the Packers played in '15. I think the opening up of the pass offense that resulted from that preseason personnel change on offense is what made the 2015 more dynamic and exciting to watch. I loved the 2015 team because of the resilience to get over the rough preseason. I keep picking 2015 just for sheer emotional roller coaster ride they took us on. 

If you preferred defense as a fan, the 2014 team was difficult to place second, but if you loved offense, the 2015 team was the one that was difficult to move to second. 

Just discussing this makes me realize all over again that...

Damn I miss Sean Calhoun. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm with you guys on it being very difficult to say whether 2014 or 15 was the better Packer team. 

2014, Bull Barge, Dee Walker and Quentin Hampton destroying ball carriers all season long and Sihiem King taking over games in the 4th quarter, or, 2015, a little less star power on D but whoa buddy, what a passing attack. 

I think talent-wise, you have to go with 2014, because there was the Sihiem King, Bull Barge Dee Walker and Quentin Hampton plus most all of the other guys that went on to repeat in 2015. I personally keep reverting back to how amazing of a job Sean Calhoun did working around the loss of a star rb, and still demolishing everyone the Packers played in '15. I think the opening up of the pass offense that resulted from that preseason personnel change on offense is what made the 2015 more dynamic and exciting to watch. I loved the 2015 team because of the resilience to get over the rough preseason. I keep picking 2015 just for sheer emotional roller coaster ride they took us on. 

If you preferred defense as a fan, the 2014 team was difficult to place second, but if you loved offense, the 2015 team was the one that was difficult to move to second. 

Just discussing this makes me realize all over again that...

Damn I miss Sean Calhoun. 

Damn, I do too.

?

HAWG AIR! 

Chase put it together in 2015. Perhaps it was the experience and chemistry between Ty Lee and Kiel growing. I'd have to go back and rewatch, but it seemed like the mistakes were cut down. Like the Hoover game before the half? Bad INT there in 2014. Had a few of those. But he definitely turned into a premier signal caller in the state and had a stellar career leading some of the most memorable offenses in Georgia I've seen 

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

HAWG AIR! 

Chase put it together in 2015. Perhaps it was the experience and chemistry between Ty Lee and Kiel growing. I'd have to go back and rewatch, but it seemed like the mistakes were cut down. Like the Hoover game before the half? Bad INT there in 2014. Had a few of those. But he definitely turned into a premier signal caller in the state and had a stellar career leading some of the most memorable offenses in Georgia I've seen 

I can agree with you 100% on Chase's maturity as a signal caller. In his two years at Colquitt, he most certainly the best overall QB in our long history.

On that note, I cannot wait to see what Steven Krajewski does at the helm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I can agree with you 100% on Chase's maturity as a signal caller. In his two years at Colquitt, he most certainly the best overall QB in our long history.

On that note, I cannot wait to see what Steven Krajewski does at the helm.

I'm a Jack Montgomery guy......

But...I'm with you on Mr. Krajewski.

Rufus>>

On 4/3/2017 at 10:41 PM, FootballGuy said:

That buford team from 2014 was pretty dominant. beat trinity christian 17-0, demolished st. pius x in the championship, and finished 15-0.

SOOOOOOOO, you think crappy ass Buford was a worthy opponent for 2014 Colquitt?xDxDxD LETS compare SHALL we? Buford played McEachern at HOME that year, six DAYS after McEachern lost the #2 RB in the COUNTRY in Taj Griffin.(Oregon) Then, tvhey played Buford, losing 27-20 on a goal line stand and a dropped 95 yd. TD pass reception by McEachern. Let's put this into perspective! SIX DAYS after McEachern lost 60% of their offense, and had to revamp their offense to play a team, supposedly of the caliber of Buford, and STILL nearly pulled off the W! SEEMS as though I left out something in my diatribe! OH, I remember now! Colquitt beat McEachern in the playoffs, 57-20, after being down 17-16 at the half!

21 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Damn, I do too.

?

GEEEEZ dude, while the 2014 schedule was by NO means a SLOUCH! It was NO comparison to the 2015 schedule, which included four teams ranked in the NATIONAL Top 100 at one point or other! In fact, the last three road games in 2015, were against three teams with a composite record of 38-1! And while the 2014 team DID have three or four big names on D! The 2015 D played much better as a UNIT! And Alkivie Bailey was as good if not BETTER than Bull Barge, in addition to the TWO DI SEC DE's in the mix! Not to mention that other than the three I mentioned, the 2015 schedule was much more demanding than 2014! Mill Creek, Lowndes, Valdosta, and Camden, were ALL better in 2015! 2014 Valdosta, although they had a better record than 2015, won four games by a TOTAL of twelve points!

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 8:55 PM, FootballGuy said:

I would think that they would say the 2015 national championship team......but I agree with you. Kinda hard to elevate one of those teams over each other. 

I feel like people in Georgia were robbed out of a Colquitt/Buford game tho. That woulda been a great game

The ONLY slight weakness for 2015 was, the lack of a game breaker RB! Although, Ty Lee and Kiel Pollard filled in nicely in spot duty at that position!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOO, you think crappy ass Buford was a worthy opponent for 2014 Colquitt?xDxDxD LETS compare SHALL we? Buford played McEachern at HOME that year, six DAYS after McEachern lost the #2 RB in the COUNTRY in Taj Griffin.(Oregon) Then, tvhey played Buford, losing 27-20 on a goal line stand and a dropped 95 yd. TD pass reception by McEachern. Let's put this into perspective! SIX DAYS after McEachern lost 60% of their offense, and had to revamp their offense to play a team, supposedly of the caliber of Buford, and STILL nearly pulled off the W! SEEMS as though I left out something in my diatribe! OH, I remember now! Colquitt beat McEachern in the playoffs, 57-20, after being down 17-16 at the half!

Rab, your love and loyalty for colquitt is though the roof right now....but let's not act like Buford couldn't have hung with colquitt that year because of the performance of each team against ONE common opponent. 

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Rab, your love and loyalty for colquitt is though the roof right now....but let's not act like Buford couldn't have hung with colquitt that year because of the performance of each team against ONE common opponent. 

GEEEEZ dudette! Buford is a BUSH LEAGUE, OVERRATED JOKE, EVERY FRICKIN YEAR! Their DC has just moved to Wanker Holler, and we gonna LIGHT HIM UP!>:(

37 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Buford couldn't have kept up with  Colquitt in 2014 or 2015. 

16 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

In 2015 they wouldn't have. 2014? now that's where I disagree with you. To each his own tho

2014 was a very good Buford team but they didn't have an offense to score with Colquitt. Elite defense and had some great players in Frazier and Nauta but depth would've done them in. Like you said tho to each his own 

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

2014 was a very good Buford team but they didn't have an offense to score with Colquitt. Elite defense and had some great players in Frazier and Nauta but depth would've done them in. Like you said tho to each his own 

Speaking to depth. 2014 wins that argument over nearly every team in the country that year. Some of those studs of 2015 (particularly on defense) were players with D1 offers playing backup roles in their junior year. Just another reason why I say 2014 was the better team.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

You know how Buford operates on offense. I don't think they'd have a problem offensively.....seeing that they had two great running backs to carry the load. As long as they control the line of scrimmage, it's kinda hard to beat buford

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You know how Buford operates on offense. I don't think they'd have a problem offensively.....seeing that they had two great running backs to carry the load. As long as they control the line of scrimmage, it's kinda hard to beat buford

There weren't a lot of teams controlling the LOS against Colquitt either year.

2014: Colquitt 24 Buford 21

2015: Colquitt 31 Buford 10