Question for the men in Moultrie

FootballGuy

31 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I been to Moultrie before so I feel like I'm qualified to answer the question. The answer is it is a tie. They both stomped ass at the exact same degree and severity. The opponents from both these years were demoralized the same. Colquitt was an equal opportunity ass kicker!!!!

Name 3 things that you saw whilst in Moultrie. 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Which team was better: 2014 Packers or 2015 Packers?

I think either year the Packers were as good as any team in the country. Personally I liked the 2015 version a little better but it really would be difficult to distinguish one from the other. It was a perfect culmination of talent, offensive scheme, defensive scheme and coaching across the board both years. 

48 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I would think that they would say the 2015 national championship team......but I agree with you. Kinda hard to elevate one of those teams over each other. 

I feel like people in Georgia were robbed out of a Colquitt/Buford game tho. That woulda been a great game

Buford couldn't have beaten the Packers either of those years imo. Probably couldn't have even given a close game. 

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think either year the Packers were as good as any team in the country. Personally I liked the 2015 version a little better but it really would be difficult to distinguish one from the other. It was a perfect culmination of talent, offensive scheme, defensive scheme and coaching across the board both years. 

Buford couldn't have beaten the Packers either of those years imo. Probably couldn't have even given a close game. 

That buford team from 2014 was pretty dominant. beat trinity christian 17-0, demolished st. pius x in the championship, and finished 15-0.

Just now, FootballGuy said:

That buford team from 2014 was pretty dominant. beat trinity christian 17-0, demolished st. pius x in the championship, and finished 15-0.

Yes I agree. I watched them dominate St. Pius in the dome before the Packers played Archer. St. Pius honestly was not on the same level as Buford.

I think depth would have been the biggest issue for Buford vs. any of the top 3-5 of 6A. Colquitt got stronger as the games wore on, and "outdepthed" the large schools even. 

It would have been interesting to see it played out though. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes I agree. I watched them dominate St. Pius in the dome before the Packers played Archer. St. Pius honestly was not on the same level as Buford.

I think depth would have been the biggest issue for Buford vs. any of the top 3-5 of 6A. Colquitt got stronger as the games wore on, and "outdepthed" the large schools even. 

It would have been interesting to see it played out though. 

One thing that I loved about buford is that they played old school football. run it down your throat and if you can't stop it, it's gonna be a long night for the opposing team. great run game and good defense

• Like 1

Colquitt,Tift,Coffee,Valdosta-Lowndes. 

Colquitt-Is where the Mexicans are. 

Tift-Is where your Cubans,Mexicans and Peurto Ricans are. 

Lowndes and Valdosta one in the same- Have a Lot of El Salvadoreans,Gautamalans and Venezuelans.

These are your areas where alot of Georgias Hispanic Population are. 

North GA. Dekalb,Spalding,Gwinnett,Oglethorpe and Cobb are where your 2nd most are gonna be found.  

I would match 2014 Colquitt up against anyone. That defense led by Bull Barge and Quentin Hampton had a killer instinct, especially when the game was on the line. Great line play also, on both sides of the ball.

I believe 2014 beats out 2015 by a narrow margin for the reasons above. 2014 Colquitt did not get enough love. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2017 at 8:55 PM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Name 3 things that you saw whilst in Moultrie. 

Harvey's on 1st ave.

Blue Sky Grill on 2nd Ave (UGA boys at their finest)

And right off of Old Camilla highway at one end is a nice little fishing hole called McDermot Lake and at the other end is the muddy but full of fish Ouchlocknee River.

13 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I would match 2014 Colquitt up against anyone. That defense led by Bull Barge and Quentin Hampton had a killer instinct, especially when the game was on the line. Great line play also, on both sides of the ball.

I believe 2014 beats out 2015 by a narrow margin for the reasons above. 2014 Colquitt did not get enough love. 

How about matching them up against the 1994 squad lead by the 6-star, right-guard Mr Jones;  who  you got in that one???  

44 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

How about matching them up against the 1994 squad lead by the 6-star, right-guard Mr Jones;  who  you got in that one???  

I would take 2014 in that matchup. I like the offense and coaching better. Don't get me wrong, the 1994 team was very very good, but I have to favor '14 and '15 over them. I was 4 years old then, so honestly, that is just an opinion, I'm sure someone a little older could better compare the two.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I would take 2014 in that matchup. I like the offense and coaching better. Don't get me wrong, the 1994 team was very very good, but I have to favor '14 and '15 over them. I was 4 years old then, so honestly, that is just an opinion, I'm sure someone a little older could better compare the two.

I thought you where an old man.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I got a couple of them 94' games at the house and still pop em' in once in a while :)  The title game was a damn good one for sure.  I go with 94' and my bud Richard "big man w/ speed" Jones!!!