New York goes after Trump's taxes...

DBP66

...Let's see what Donny tweets about this.....LOL...

New York clears way for release of Trump's state tax returns

Reuters By Gabriella Borter, Reuters 1 hour 2 minutes ago

•  

380add823adb4c008057c1dd5b7074ac

U.S. President Donald Trump and U.S. first lady Melania Trump walk from Marine One upon their return to Washington

By Gabriella Borter

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York state on Monday cleared the way for U.S. congressional Democrats investigating President Donald Trump's finances to obtain his state tax returns, opening a new fight in Trump's squabbles with Democrats.

Governor Andrew Cuomo signed an amendment to a tax law that will require the commissioner of the Department of Taxation and Finance to share state income tax returns and reports when certain congressional committees request them.

"This bill gives Congress the ability to fulfill its constitutional responsibilities, strengthen our democratic system and ensure that no one is above the law," said Cuomo, a Democrat.

The law, effective immediately, opens a new avenue for the Democratic majority in Congress to investigate Trump's business affairs.

Trump's tax returns have been the object of scrutiny by Democrats in Congress since he took office. In May, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin denied the House Ways and Means committee's request that the Internal Revenue Service turn over six years' of Trump's federal tax returns, citing his belief that the committee did not have a legitimate legislative reason for the request.

The Committee sued Mnuchin and the Treasury Department last week to appeal Mnuchin's decision.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

You also had Mueller on your side if I recall.  And those folks who were going to roll on the president.  

giphy.gif

and I hope you'll be listening to Mr. Mueller on the 17th and not go by Barr's interpretation of his report....over 900 former federal prosecutors know Barr's version was wrong....the truth is still on my side champ...;)

9 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

and I hope you'll be listening to Mr. Mueller on the 17th and not go by Barr version of his report....over 900 former federal prosecutors know Barr's version was wrong....the truth is still on my side champ...;)

You bet it is, Sport.

You've been killing it every day for the last 2 1/2 years. 👍

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I'm happy for you...that's the extent of my care level. I know how much this means to you, after all. xD

then why chime in at all on this post Dave??...couldn't help yourself from running to defend Donny once again??...just like a good little Trumper??....O.o

1 minute ago, concha said:

You're the internet equivalent of the Downe's kid that the football team lets score a touchdown.

Bless your heart.

yea sure...I need sympathy from a bunch of Trump clowns??...LOL...that will be the day champ!....O.o

26 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

then why chime in at all on this post Dave??

I guess making fun of you hasn't gotten old yet. 

26 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

couldn't help yourself from running to defend Donny once again??...just like a good little Trumper??....O.o

JFC...such a boob. xD