Lakeland 31 @ De La Salle 30 in OT Thriller - 2009

Thomas Roach

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You are just being a troll. I will take maxpreps rankings since that is your go to source. I won’t count IMG so the top FL teams based on PopsPreps was 

1 Lakeland 

2 STA

3 Carol City

4 Miami Central

3 out of the top 4 teams in the entire state didn’t win state. So what the fuck are you talking about? 

First of all, take the stick out of your ass and your homer glasses off if you’re going to call me a troll 

I’m simply trying to keep your annoying angry little man from out of my face arguing about nothing 

now, what I like to do with FL is look at how many teams it takes to get a half dozen different playoff brackets — I’m most years I get six divisions before 10 teams (when enlightened states like CA have their top 10 teams all in same bracket — ignore Canes lecture on bracket semantics) — that’s awful and you ought to be ashamed and, at very least, not so dense as to lack comprehensions, Sir 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

First of all, take the stick out of your ass and your homer glasses off if you’re going to call me a troll 

I’m simply trying to keep your annoying angry little man from out of my face arguing about nothing 

now, what I like to do with FL is look at how many teams it takes to get a half dozen different playoff brackets — I’m most years I get six divisions before 10 teams (when enlightened states like CA have their top 10 teams all in same bracket — ignore Canes lecture on bracket semantics) — that’s awful and you ought to be ashamed and, at very least, not so dense as to lack comprehensions, Sir 

People have already expressed displeasure about too many classes here. People have went to meetings with the FHSAA to complain. I think they are starting to listen. We shouldn’t be judged by some incompetent association. 

It would be like criticizing people and houses of a nice neighborhood because of the incompetent HOA. 

But how do you explain Lakeland and STA not being able to win their participation trophies after beating DLS, while DLS is able to win the toughest bracket in the country? Leads me to believe that bracket toughness doesn’t mean squat when comparing teams. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

People have already expressed displeasure about too many classes here. People have went to meetings with the FHSAA to complain. I think they are starting to listen. We shouldn’t be judged by some incompetent association. 

It would be like criticizing people and houses of a nice neighborhood because of the incompetent HOA. 

Pops hands you a comeback on a silver platter and you squander it in true Nolebull fashion.

The FHSAA tried to implement an "open" division and it was so unpopular, among the member schools, that it was tabled almost immediately.

Two lessons that you've still failed to learn:

1) Random "people" on message boards don't mean anything

and

2) the FHSAA is an association of schools. THEY DO WANT THE SCHOOLS WANT. There is no incompetent administration suppressing the wants and needs of the schools or "people" in general.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

But how do you explain Lakeland and STA not being able to win their participation trophies after beating DLS, while DLS is able to win the toughest bracket in the country? Leads me to believe that bracket toughness doesn’t mean squat when comparing teams. 

And it also means that he's lying about bracket toughness.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Pops hands you a comeback on a silver platter and you squander it in true Nolebull fashion.

The FHSAA tried to implement an "open" division and it was so unpopular, among the member schools, that it was tabled almost immediately.

Two lessons that you've still failed to learn:

1) Random "people" on message boards don't mean anything

and

2) the FHSAA is an association of schools. THEY DO WANT THE SCHOOLS WANT. There is no incompetent administration suppressing the wants and needs of the schools or "people" in general.

Open division doesn't really solve anything. We need less classes. Five total. Then at the end of the season the top two teams can play in an open championship game if they want to. It just adds one more game but keeps the integrity of the playoffs for all the classes entact.

and don't be a douchebag. I understand that the FHSAA likes a lot of classes because in their feeble perception of reality, they believe they generate more income this way. Although there may be more playoff games, the playoff games are not as competitive as they should be and the attendance for the championship games is pathetic.

• Like 1

@Thomas Roach @badrouter 

I uploaded the Lakeland/DLS game to YouTube and when I logged out and then tried to go view the videos It said video was deleted and account suspended for suspicious activity.  MFer's.  I don't know what happened or what I may have done wrong and they offered no explanation.  

So, until I get the energy to create another account and try again the best I can do right now is offer to burn it to a DVD and send it to you guy's.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

@Thomas Roach @badrouter 

I uploaded the Lakeland/DLS game to YouTube and when I logged out and then tried to go view the videos It said video was deleted and account suspended for suspicious activity.  MFer's.  I don't know what happened or what I may have done wrong and they offered no explanation.  

So, until I get the energy to create another account and try again the best I can do right now is offer to burn it to a DVD and send it to you guy's.  

I knew you was a suspicious cat. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, 181pl said:

Open division doesn't really solve anything. We need less classes. Five total. Then at the end of the season the top two teams can play in an open championship game if they want to. It just adds one more game but keeps the integrity of the playoffs for all the classes entact.

8 hours ago, 181pl said:

and don't be a douchebag. I understand that the FHSAA likes a lot of classes because in their feeble perception of reality, they believe they generate more income this way. Although there may be more playoff games, the playoff games are not as competitive as they should be and the attendance for the championship games is pathetic.

Someone from FL who gets it 

Bravo!

Can you imagine a Top 16 team FL bracket 

every game would be compelling, as there’s 15 teams in FL capable of playing with an IMG or STA academy type team

11 hours ago, Pops said:

Someone from FL who gets it 

Bravo!

Can you imagine a Top 16 team FL bracket 

every game would be compelling, as there’s 15 teams in FL capable of playing with an IMG or STA academy type team

Lakeland, Aquinas, Venice and Armwood  are vying for one state title... 4 teams in FL's top 10 dynasty ratings from the past 4 years.   

Figment approves.   :)  

Figment_%28Disney%29.jpg

39 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Lakeland, Aquinas, Venice and Armwood  are vying for one state title... 4 teams in FL's top 10 dynasty ratings from the past 4 years.   

Figment_%28Disney%29.jpg

Yup. And include Edgewater in that list as well. They whipped Dr. Phillips 41-7 last night and loaded up on transfers. This is a season where one class, 7A, really is loaded. I think this year's 7A will be the best bracket Florida has had in, well, maybe ever.

24 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Yup. And include Edgewater in that list as well. They whipped Dr. Phillips 41-7 last night and loaded up on transfers. This is a season where one class, 7A, really is loaded. I think this year's 7A will be the best bracket Florida has had in, well, maybe ever.

I just noticed they play Marietta, GA.   Wekiva looks like they lost quite a bit of talent.   Hopefully Plantation and Atlantic play good ball and help boost the class a bit.   

Venice offense should definitely score some points this year if their QB duo performs. They've got some quality talent on O ,especially with some late transfer additions in July.  If their D can gel,  it could be a solid season for them.  

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I just noticed they play Marietta, GA.   Wekiva looks like they lost quite a bit of talent.   Hopefully Plantation and Atlantic play good ball and help boost the class a bit.   

Venice offense should definitely score some points this year if their QB duo performs. They've got some quality talent on O ,especially with some late transfer additions in July.  If their D can gel,  it could be a solid season for them.  

Forgot about Atlantic as well.

Will be interesting to see if Venice can give IMG a game. They do have a little bit of Corona Centennial in them, as far as their offensive system being conducive to scoring a bunch of points.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Figment_%28Disney%29.jpg

When did armwood move divisions?

Is that one of your new DL?

I never used dynasty rankings but I’ve looked many times at FL over past 10 years to see how deep you need tongonto get to 6 different playoff brackets and it was usually about 10 teams 

Niceville has been the biggest competition to you guys about half that time (and I love them for naming the town that)

22 minutes ago, Pops said:

Niceville has been the biggest competition to you guys about half that time (and I love them for naming the town that)

Your lying sometimes takes on strange characteristics.

This is one of them.

Just because you love a name doesn't mean that you get to lie about the football team at the local high school.