If the #1 team stayed together through the college years...

westbankeagle

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Here's some notables from MD's last 4 classes.  Most colleges use 5th year players, but 

QB                    JT Daniels 5* (USC)                          Bryce Young 5* (USC)

RB                     Dollars 4* (Oregon)                           Lamarche 2* (ASU)

WR.                   St Brown 5* (USC)                             St. Brown 4* (Stanford)

WR                    McCoy 5* (Texas)                              Huffman-Dixon 3* (Colorado)

WR                   Nikko Remigio 4* (Cal).                     Parks 3* (UCLA)  

TE                   Martinez 4* (UCLA)

OL                   Chris Murray 4* (UCLA)                      Nichola Delaqua 2* (Navy)

OL                   Murao 4* (Washington)                      Gonzales 2* (Boise St)

OL                   Felix-Fualalo 3* (Utah)                        Colinchak 2* (Army)

OL                   Brown 4* (Alabama)                            Marks 3* (uncommitted)

OL                   Ueli-Faat..... 3* (uncommitted)

DE                   Fauliu 2* (Oregon)

DT                    Bennett 3* (Oregon St)                    Faalie 3* (Oregon)

DT                    Ware-Hudson 4* (Oregon).              Tupe 3* (uncommitted)

DE                    Funa 4* (Oregon)

LB                    Faave 3* (Washington St.)                White 2* (Penn)

LB.                   Tuiliaupupu 4* (USC)                       McCleery 2* (Montana St)

LB                    Fuamatu 3* (uncommitted)

DB                     Nimo 3* (UCLA)  

DB                     Cridell 4* (Oklahoma)                   Cole 3* (Montana St)

DB                    Ricks 5* (LSU)                                 Bell 3* (Arizona)

DB                   Lake 3* (UCLA)                                Kafentzis 2* (Boise St)

K                      McGrath 2* (USC)                              Stonehouse 2* (Colorado St)

Notable Reserves beyond 2-deep

RB Harper 2* (Cal-Poly)

WR Epps 3* (uncommitted)

DT Samuel Tualamaka 2* (OK St)

DT Nathan Logolea 2* (UTEP)

K.  Lopez (Cal)

You are quite the jokester, pops.....

Mater Dei was the #1 team in 2018 and you are using players that graduated in 2017 for your depth?....what's wrong with you, dude....mentally?     

Are you using Mater Dei from 2017? and their 2018, 2019, and 2020 transfers for your depth?

Just stop your dishonest madness..

This guy wasn't even on the 2017 Mater Dei roster....😄

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/4-star-2019-rb-sean-dollars-updates-transfer-mater-dei-usc-unofficial/

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

You are quite the jokester, pops.....

Mater Dei was the #1 team in 2018 and you are using players that graduated in 2017 for your depth?....what's wrong with you, dude....mentally?     

Are you using Mater Dei from 2017? and their 2018, 2019, and 2020 transfers for your depth?

Just stop your dishonest madness..

This guy wasn't even on the 2017 Mater Dei roster....😄

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/4-star-2019-rb-sean-dollars-updates-transfer-mater-dei-usc-unofficial/

My target was people with larger brains 

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

So now every stacked high school roster can win FCS conferences and go to bowl games if they were to stick together...wait. its 4 years of players now, no 5, maybe 6 years.....will have 100's of 3* players..

Welcome to the internet..

hqdefault.jpg

It was always one team/ program, not a single class 

you might reference the clarification thread created for the slow kids 

12 hours ago, Pops said:

If you think rationally, what’s wrong with what @Cat_Scratch just posted — STA has 12 NFL players from 2010-2014.  Not many colleges could say that over same period.

and, those STA teams weren’t nearly as loaded as today’s IMG, md, SJB, SFA, or sjc teams.  Heck, this STA team is ridiculously more loaded than any of their 2010-2014 teams and they’re considered a notch below the others 

The individual talent at those schools is overrated. It takes a special group, at a special time to put together an NFL run like STA had.

This STA team is not more loaded than, say, the 2010 team.

Stop. It.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Here's some notables from MD's last 4 classes.  Most colleges use 5th year players, but 

QB                    JT Daniels 5* (USC)                          Bryce Young 5* (USC)

RB                     Dollars 4* (Oregon)                           Lamarche 2* (ASU)

WR.                   St Brown 5* (USC)                             St. Brown 4* (Stanford)

WR                    McCoy 5* (Texas)                              Huffman-Dixon 3* (Colorado)

WR                   Nikko Remigio 4* (Cal).                     Parks 3* (UCLA)  

TE                   Martinez 4* (UCLA)

OL                   Chris Murray 4* (UCLA)                      Nichola Delaqua 2* (Navy)

OL                   Murao 4* (Washington)                      Gonzales 2* (Boise St)

OL                   Felix-Fualalo 3* (Utah)                        Colinchak 2* (Army)

OL                   Brown 4* (Alabama)                            Marks 3* (uncommitted)

OL                   Ueli-Faat..... 3* (uncommitted)

DE                   Fauliu 2* (Oregon)

DT                    Bennett 3* (Oregon St)                    Faalie 3* (Oregon)

DT                    Ware-Hudson 4* (Oregon).              Tupe 3* (uncommitted)

DE                    Funa 4* (Oregon)

LB                    Faave 3* (Washington St.)                White 2* (Penn)

LB.                   Tuiliaupupu 4* (USC)                       McCleery 2* (Montana St)

LB                    Fuamatu 3* (uncommitted)

DB                     Nimo 3* (UCLA)  

DB                     Cridell 4* (Oklahoma)                   Cole 3* (Montana St)

DB                    Ricks 5* (LSU)                                 Bell 3* (Arizona)

DB                   Lake 3* (UCLA)                                Kafentzis 2* (Boise St)

K                      McGrath 2* (USC)                              Stonehouse 2* (Colorado St)

Notable Reserves beyond 2-deep

RB Harper 2* (Cal-Poly)

WR Epps 3* (uncommitted)

DT Samuel Tualamaka 2* (OK St)

DT Nathan Logolea 2* (UTEP)

K.  Lopez (Cal)

Depth could be an issue, but there's not many teams that can top this 2-deep list and, again, MD probably wasn't best team (although I did like them having 2 5* QBs).

I agree with your point about stars, but why would this differentiate the hypotheticals?  The stars on the hsfb team you're referring to are the ones that matriculate to Alabama, Clemson, Ohio St., etc.  Those schools don't just dump them and replace them if they're not as advertised.

I don't think it's a hypothetical that you can dispute if you've given it some thought, but to each his own.

I think you are expanding the parameters of players on the roster far beyond 1 year here.  I believe the OP was if you took the #1 team in the country and they stayed together through college for 4 years, could they win an FBS conference, not if you took the best talent from 4 years of a HS program and put together a team to send into the NCAA.  I could have misinterpreted, but that obviously changes the hypothetical significantly.

8 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

I think you are expanding the parameters of players on the roster far beyond 1 year here.  I believe the OP was if you took the #1 team in the country and they stayed together through college for 4 years, could they win an FBS conference, not if you took the best talent from 4 years of a HS program and put together a team to send into the NCAA.  I could have misinterpreted, but that obviously changes the hypothetical significantly.

This entire thread is made of jello...

First, what does #1 have to do with anything?

I could build some impressive teams in 4 years from "stacked roster teams" who don't finish anywhere close to #1....

If the OP meant 2018 or 2017 Mater Dei let him say as much.......and you use those rosters.

We all know those DLS teams that were raking in MNCs ain't beating FCS schools and going to bowl games. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Your little d3 football stories are quite humours though and fit in nicely with most of this thread..

bandicam 2019-08-27 10-01-39-604.jpg

Do yo see the word “program”?

Do you understand the difference?

i don’t mean to intimidate with my D3 stories — I imagine the only sport you ever played was wrapped in a Velcro suit and being tossed toward a bullseye 

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Well, I think one of us misinterpreted and agree, maybe it changes hypothetical 

let me say this — if it’s a single year’s roster, I agree with you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

The individual talent at those schools is overrated. It takes a special group, at a special time to put together an NFL run like STA had.

This STA team is not more loaded than, say, the 2010 team.

Stop. It.

Yes it is 

times have changed 

you just had a QB in 2010 

And btw, you took the most NFL players title from DLS who has NEVER had more than 7 D1s in any year, and usually had 2 to 4. 

Current teams are ridiculous — STA is more loaded, but has been passed in roster talent/ depth by a half dozen programs who pursue rosters with a shamelessness that would have created a furor in 2010 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

If pops believes that you won't change his mind even after 4 months of facts being thrown at him. He's that type of guy, reminds me of someone very orange..

He won't stop!

Are you remotely aware of the huge irony everyone else will see in this post?

how many times have you quit this site?

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

Yes it is 

times have changed 

you just had a QB in 2010 

NFL:   QB, 2 WR's,  OL, DB  and a healthy Jelani Hamilton on the DL...  a lot of kids who played DLS in 2011 like Cole Champion, Fred Coppett and Mark Barr (who had a nice long reception vs DLS) among others... oh and a soph upcoming kid named Joey Bosa.... AND a backup QB named Max Lescano. :)  

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

NFL:   QB, 2 WR's,  OL, DB  and a healthy Jelani Hamilton on the DL...  a lot of kids who played DLS in 2011 like Cole Champion, Fred Coppett and Mark Barr (who had a nice long reception vs DLS) among others... oh and a soph upcoming kid named Joey Bosa.  

Great team — no doubt 

it doesn’t compare to today’s super-teams 

IOW, STA was driving 80 in the left lane and getting jeered for going too fast and now they’re doing 100 in the middle lane while everyone jeering the guys going 130