If the #1 team stayed together through the college years...

westbankeagle

I think this is a great question 

just a few years ago answer was hell no

now, I’m not so sure 

Let me put it this way, I think there are big-time programs — probably even most, that would be happy to take ALL kids from one of these academy teams instead of the measly 3* guys most P5 teams fill their roster with 

i think it’s very possible 

2 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

No way in hell. What do the top programs have? About 2 dozen guys at most with FBS offers?

They might have a better athletes at some positions but are completely fucked with a lack of depth. If they have a few injuries, they'd be fucked even harder. 

Remember they're facing a team with 3-4 times the guys on scholarship. 

There are starters on some FBS teams that didn't even have recruiting profiles. Not everyone on an FBS team was an amazing high school athlete. Some were just good role players and every high school program that can compete for an MNC has those kids. 

1 minute ago, westbankeagle said:

There are starters on some FBS teams that didn't even have recruiting profiles. Not everyone on an FBS team was an amazing high school athlete. Some were just good role players and every high school program that can compete for an MNC has those kids. 

Correct on some. That's the exception to the rule. 

As far as the rest, they're still amazing HS athletes. Even if they're not the top dog. You have to be a top HS athlete to just get a D1 offer. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

As far as the rest, they're still amazing HS athletes. Even if they're not the top dog. You have to be a top HS athlete to just get a D1 offer. 

One of the 5 teams above might not compete at an FBS level... But if they were upgraded to college level facilities & staffs... They could wipe the floor with some of these lower level teams.

11 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

But we're also talking about those teams being able to keep all their 4 and 5 star kids too versus some of those small schools who think getting a 3 star is a major recruiting coup.

22 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

No way in hell. What do the top programs have? About 2 dozen guys at most with FBS offers?

They might have a better athletes at some positions but are completely fucked with a lack of depth. If they have a few injuries, they'd be fucked even harder. 

Remember they're facing a team with 3-4 times the guys on scholarship. 

What if we modify the question a bit to make it more of an apples to apples comparison.  Colleges have 4-5 years of recruits on their rosters.  What if a team was comprised for 4-5 years of MD players, or IMG players?  How high could that college team go?

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I think this is a great question 

just a few years ago answer was hell no

now, I’m not so sure 

Let me put it this way, I think there are big-time programs — probably even most, that would be happy to take ALL kids from one of these academy teams instead of the measly 3* guys most P5 teams fill their roster with 

i think it’s very possible 

Agree. Schools like IMG could possiably go on to win a championship.