it’s D-Day Ladies The Official (SJR vs JSERRA). Live update Thread. (Cali Rank 1.MD 2.SJB 3.SJR 4. DLS 5. JSerra) Full game replay on 1st page

imaGoodBoyNow

9 hours ago, Ararar said:

It is correct 

when are you going to understand that polls don’t  mean anything .Hell the first two weeks of this season proved that once again.Anyone who understands football will tell you SM was the best team in SoCal that year

I know that everyone in socal has 20/20 hindsight on bad SBG years 

servite instead of Crenshaw in ‘09 and Servite barely survived a rocklin team playing a WR at QB in D2 SBG

CC instead of Servite in ‘10 and CC gets beat by Palo Alto 

SM over Westlake in ‘11 and SM ekes by a Bellarmine team that DLS beat 41-7 in Bellarmines next game 

2012 you started playing it off and the Pac5 champ gets beat by a team from Folsom’s league who’d already lost to the NCS #9 seed 

NorCal dominance in SBGs have played a large role in the advent of the academy teams 

4 hours ago, steeler01 said:

The difference is SJB/MD have the lines to play with DLS, something CC and others that have played DLS at the end don't

Plus 20 other 4/5* players they didn’t used to have 

but yeah, damned big and athletic linemen 

DLS preferred them either big or athletic but not both 

4 hours ago, Ararar said:

SM and The Bells would have beaten Westlake 

too light in the ass on the lines.They would have gotten pushed around like they did against DLS only difference is they score against the others

Besides the human pills preferring Westlake for being undefeated, the computers liked them for being undefeated with 

— a big win by st Binny over CC

— coupled with a big loss by MV to redland east valley 

SM May have been the better team — certainly a case could have been made — but Westlake was definitely a worthy selection in the setup of 2011 

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

There is a 0% chance SJB or MD lose to any other team in California, unless they play themselves.

It’s not 0% but it’s very low

it’s not any higher for anyone in GA btw 

fwiw, empirically a 21 point spread = 7% and I’m not sure there’s 10 teams in country in that margin 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

I know that everyone in socal has 20/20 hindsight on bad SBG years 

servite instead of Crenshaw in ‘09 and Servite barely survived a rocklin team playing a WR at QB in D2 SBG

CC instead of Servite in ‘10 and CC gets beat by Palo Alto 

SM over Westlake in ‘11 and SM ekes by a Bellarmine team that DLS beat 41-7 in Bellarmines next game 

Saying that DLS didn't play the best teams in SoCal doesn't mean that they would've lost against any of the replacements. They may well have gone 4-0 anyway.

The point is the fact that they didn't play the best SoCal teams or any great teams in general.

When they play great teams they usually lose and when they play flash-in-the-pans, one-hit-wonders or favorable match-ups (Centennial) they usually win.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 hours ago, Pops said:

Plus 20 other 4/5* players they didn’t used to have 

How many other 4/5* players did Canyon have? or East? or Clovis West? or Bellevue?

So now it seems that you're going to not only refuse to evolve but actually devolve into believing that all of those fluff skill positions make that much of a difference against DLS.

They don't.

If you can stalemate DLS on the lines of scrimmage, or at the very least not get tricked by the slips and dives of the veer, then you have a slightly better than 50% chance of beating DLS.

East had no skill talent and they beat DLS in Concord.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

How many other 4/5* players did Canyon have? or East? or Clovis West? or Bellevue?

So now it seems that you're going to not only refuse to evolve but actually devolve into believing that all of those fluff skill positions make that much of a difference against DLS.

They don't.

If you can stalemate DLS on the lines of scrimmage, or at the very least not get tricked by the slips and dives of the veer, then you have a slightly better than 50% chance of beating DLS.

East had no skill talent and they beat DLS in Concord.

What’s your point?  Why are you responding to my post — you domt seek to be debating, but rather pontificating and Rachel Maddow’s voice is in my head when I read your stuff 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

What’s your point? 

My point was that steeler's point was correct and your response about 4* and 5* at other positions was silly.

Just like your 30-2 argument regarding STA. It doesn't matter if the 3rd string RB has an FBS offer. It matters that even their non-FBS OL and DL can stalemate the veer.

You always miss the point.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Why are you responding to my post — you domt seek to be debating, but rather pontificating and Rachel Maddow’s voice is in my head when I read your stuff 

It comes off as pontificating because you're so obviously incompetent on the subject and I have to constantly point you in the proper direction.

You've been around here for almost 10 years and you haven't learned a single thing from any of the people who know more about this than you do. 

• Thumbs Down 1