it’s D-Day Ladies The Official (SJR vs JSERRA). Live update Thread. (Cali Rank 1.MD 2.SJB 3.SJR 4. DLS 5. JSerra) Full game replay on 1st page

imaGoodBoyNow

9 hours ago, Pops said:

No one’s asking for an MNC or suggesting that’s Murderer’s Row but they’ve knocked down all the best tomato cans socal has been able to throw at them 

They've never played a top 3-4 SoCal team (at the very least).

The bowl system deprives the South of equal representation therefore the #2 team in NorCal might play the 5th or 6th best SoCal team at best.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The bowl system deprives the South of equal representation therefore the #2 team in NorCal might play the 5th or 6th best SoCal team at best.

Also allowed Liberty to get drubbed by DLS in playoffs, then play on to get to D1A bowl.  Fortunately that silliness has been ended, but otherwise the stupidity of the bowl system is intact.

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

What?

I'd say that the team that lost to St. Mary's by 31 in the Section Championship was their worst team (also lost to Sacramento).

In the same years as the Folsom play-in games, De La Salle only beat St. Mary's by 8, Mullen by 17 and Serra by 7. Hell, they only beat 6-6 Servite by 25. All closer margins than either Folsom loss.

Come on, Pops. Stop being silly for once.

In the year DLS got up on undefeated Pac5 Champ 42-0 halfway thru game, they almost lost to California 

in the year, DLS shut out #1 socal team 35-0, bellarmine just need a successful XP to win 

in the year they beat Socal #1 team with #1 player in country, they trailed the first 3 Norcal opponents they played at or after halftime 

min the year they had 5 non-wins after winning 151 in a row, they beat an undefeated team that had very positive daisy chain results 42-0 in last game 

oh wait, I’m just demonstrating that DLS hyperimproves more than any team in country between August/ September and December — ironically STA is the team that regresses most (at least this decade)

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

JSerra is not nearly as good this year as in 2018.  The QB from last year was really good.  This years kid  like a 14 yr old

JSerra is out of  the conversation 

They have never been in the conversation although I do appreciate their scheduling 

should make the Devil blush 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Cen10 was the best thing that’s happened to DLS in the past 6 years, or DLS would be on a 6 game losing streak in SBG😉

DLS was going to beat whoever socal sent in 2014 and 2015 — they were the best team both years (except maybe Folsom in 2014)

SJB and MD hadn’t aggregated the 50 beat kids in socal into 2 teams yet 

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

In the year DLS got up on undefeated Pac5 Champ 42-0 halfway thru game, they almost lost to California 

in the year, DLS shut out #1 socal team 35-0, bellarmine just need a successful XP to win 

in the year they beat Socal #1 team with #1 player in country, they trailed the first 3 Norcal opponents they played at or after halftime 

min the year they had 5 non-wins after winning 151 in a row, they beat an undefeated team that had very positive daisy chain results 42-0 in last game 

oh wait, I’m just demonstrating that DLS hyperimproves more than any team in country between August/ September and December — ironically STA is the team that regresses most (at least this decade)

No, what you're doing is dodging the issue and falling back to your instincts which is to repeat hyper-improvement cliches.

Those wins you are omitting were against Servite, Westlake, Crenshaw and Amador Valley.

Not exactly impressive wins and certainly not requiring hyper-improvement to pull out.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS was going to beat whoever socal sent in 2014 and 2015 — they were the best team both years (except maybe Folsom in 2014)

SJB and MD hadn’t aggregated the 50 beat kids in socal into 2 teams yet 

SJB hadn't aggregated that much talent in 2013 either and they beat DLS.

DLS was certainly not going to be favored against SJB in 2015 (and maybe 2014).

But you'll never admit that you lit every candle in the shrine for a Centennial victory in the SS.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Pure speculation.    Hmmm, if 2014 Folsom may have beaten DLS then “The Rule” has worked out in both teams favor, and continues to do so.  No sense in throwing a hurdle in front of DLS on their march to the SBG now is there?  

5 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Pure speculation.    Hmmm, if 2014 Folsom may have beaten DLS then “The Rule” has worked out in both teams favor, and continues to do so.  No sense in throwing a hurdle in front of DLS on their march to the SBG now is there?  

Folsom may have beaten DLS (after losing by 28+ points in the previous two seasons) but SJB would not have (after beating them in 2013 and then after in 2016).

Gotta love how Pops refuses to evolve.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Folsom may have beaten DLS (after losing by 28+ points in the previous two seasons) but SJB would not have (after beating them in 2013 and then after in 2016).

Gotta love how Pops refuses to evolve.

He is proud of his team.   Like it or not, DLS needs to evolve if they expect to win SBG.  DLS fans will have to embrace change or get left behind as regards State Titles.  

32 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Socal created the rule so outsiders like you, Westlake, and Crenshaw in 3 of previous 4 years wouldn’t get oickednover a trinity/ Pac5 team 

norcal just plays whoever is in front of them 

not sure what you consider speculation above — not that DLS was going to beat whoever socal sent either year I hope — granted, dls beating the Devil is speculation 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

not sure what you consider speculation above — not that DLS was going to beat whoever socal sent either year I hope — granted, dls beating the Devil is speculation 

DLS is 0-4 vs. SJB and Mater Dei since 2013 and 2-0 vs. everybody else.

But Pops hopes that you don't think it's speculation to claim that DLS would've beaten whomever SoCal sent.

😄

33 minutes ago, On2whls said:

He is proud of his team.   Like it or not, DLS needs to evolve if they expect to win SBG.  DLS fans will have to embrace change or get left behind as regards State Titles.  

You can say the same about Cen10. Unless they get the talent they had in the 2012-2016, they have no chance either. Both Dela and Cen10 have had significant drop off in  talent. This is the main reason

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I don’t get a vote but I’d rather they be left behind than embrace the change 

it would change what DLS is and not for the better 

I’m not sure how good MD/ SJB are — sounds like the game vs you guys could have been a bit more competitive than the score — I do like thisbyears DLS team (even in loss to STA, they showed more lunch than the last 3 years imho) — still a long shot but i’m not conceding yet 

14 minutes ago, The Guru said:

DLS is 0-4 vs. SJB and Mater Dei since 2013 and 2-0 vs. everybody else.

But Pops hopes that you don't think it's speculation to claim that DLS would've beaten whomever SoCal sent.

😄

Those teams didn’t exist in 2014 (SJB had a year then a gap year or two where they tried to walk a little more softly before MD’16 threw the rules/ norms out the window 

CC was best socal team both years (in both years, I said that from week one)

so, yeah, it’s different 

you would have eviscerated me for such a transparent and flimsy comparison — if I ever made one that poor 

11 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

You can say the same about Cen10. Unless they get the talent they had in the 2012-2016, they have no chance either. Both Dela and Cen10 have had significant drop off in  talent. This is the main reason

Don’t think CC or DLS has had a significant drop off in talent 

DLS’s 2016-17 teams were fairly bereft of talent, but I’d call last year and this year fairly normal 

CC hasn’t had a monster team like they sometimes have had but they’re also close to the norm imho 

SJB and MD just have teams that would have running clocks on their previous selves by halftime