it’s D-Day Ladies The Official (SJR vs JSERRA). Live update Thread. (Cali Rank 1.MD 2.SJB 3.SJR 4. DLS 5. JSerra) Full game replay on 1st page

imaGoodBoyNow

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Considering that DLS has been the Bay area version of a Super Team since 1994, what does beating DLS have anything to do with the state Top 5.

Why do you continuously defend the devils annual garish rankings?  If beating a state Top 5-10 is a qualifier then who has the devil ever beat?  Getting shutout by DLS is their greatest accolade in the past few years

The Devil is 4-0 in SBGs, with the avg MOV at running clock margins 

why don’t you give them credit for that?

those were top socal teams — if you think JSerra can beat them, send them — you guys now have the flexibility to do whatever you want with top 2 bowl slots 

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

This is easy.

He defends Folsom in years when DLS plays them. In other years, he insults them for their lack of major wins and their win-less record against DLS themselves.

It's all a part of the charade.

I have been consistent with Folsom 

attribute whatever nefarious motives you’d like but I even acknowledged more than about any Norcal guy that their ‘14 team could have (not would have) beaten a very good undefeated (#1 @ CP pre revisions) DLS team 

i think except for 2014, they would always be susceptible to an elite physical team (like STA), but if you can’t overwhelm them with physicality (like only a dozen or so teams can) they’ll eat you alive 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

those were top socal teams — if you think JSerra can beat them, send them — you guys now have the flexibility to do whatever you want with top 2 bowl slots 

And send them we will.  

The devil will now get the 9th beat team rather than the 19th best. 

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Kinda like he downplays all the So Cal teams that are not likely to play DLS; or the devil in the SBG, which also benefits DLS by way of the association princlple

DLS vs JSerra is way less likely than Cathedral Catholic, but the fact that I consider them top 25 material after the big Suguaro win is pure coincidence 

@The Guru

Hey Guru... Remember my Colquitt, Marietta, & McEachern comment?

Youve had a rough go of it with just about everyone lately... Might be time for you to retire, hang up the keyboard & move on.

#12 Colquitt Co.

#14 Marietta

#19 McEachern

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/seven-new-teams-enter-the-high-school-football-america-100-national-high-school-football-rankings/

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS vs JSerra is way less likely than Cathedral Catholic, but the fact that I consider them top 25 material after the big Suguaro win is pure coincidence 

JSerra is not nearly as good this year as in 2018.  The QB from last year was really good.  This years kid  like a 14 yr old

JSerra is out of  the conversation 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

This post has some of the most common trademarks of Pops and they're all contained in the first sentence: omission and manipulation.

First, Folsom is 4-0 in the SBGs but they've also lost 3 times in the play-in game (Bellarmine and De La Salle 2x),

They don't get credit because those 4 bowl wins were against second tier teams at best: Oceanside, Helix, Serra and Cathedral.

Also, the average bowl games MOV claim is irrelevant and, as you can see, purposefully misleading.

Beat Oceanside by 61

Beat Helix by 7

Beat Serra by 28

Beat Cathedral by 7 in OT

Only one game was a running block margin yet Pops uses the average MOV because it gives the perception of more dominance than actually occurred. It just so happens that the Oceanside game was a complete joke and outlier.

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

@The Guru

Hey Guru... Remember my Colquitt, Marietta, & McEachern comment?

Youve had a rough go of it with just about everyone lately... Might be time for you to retire, hang up the keyboard & move on.

#12 Colquitt Co.

#14 Marietta

#19 McEachern

https://highschoolfootballamerica.com/seven-new-teams-enter-the-high-school-football-america-100-national-high-school-football-rankings/

You post some clown poll put out by somebody in their mom's basement and you think that proves anything? The guy didn't even spell Marietta's name correctly.

Capture.PNG.fdb2aee851e79712a48b376b6c573c11.PNG

There's no evidence whatsoever that any those teams are actually top 25.

It's impossible to put into words what a goofball you are.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

So they will lose to every elite or near elite team that they play.

Sort of

and with exception of 2014 which had a lot of physicality (Jonah Williams added to all those other 3-year starting linemen)

if you have an elite defense and can disrupt them from doing what they want offensively, you can beat them 

now it’s tomatoes or tomahtoes but my threshold of elite defense is maybe a dozen teams or so

and, if You’re not one of those defenses, you may get beat badly 

don’t know where this Folsom team ranks — right now you’d have to say behind 2014 for sure, with maybe 2010 upside — may not be as good as last year (haven’t seen their new QB which is obviously important to them, but they have a couple of elite playmakers in a pinball offense) — last year’s team fizzled imho — thought they were even with DLS and they just couldn’t give a shit about the D1 bowl against a game Cathedral team 

I don’t know if they’re top 25 yet but they’re not an unreasonable backend candidate — definitely better than JSerra or Narbonne ie who are/ we’re also in some 

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

First, Folsom is 4-0 in the SBGs but they've also lost 3 times in the play-in game (Bellarmine and De La Salle 2x),

Not an indictment — the bellarmine game was their worst team this decade having an off night so yeah, but that’s one game — there’s not a 2nd Tier socal team that would have done any better against DLS

They don't get credit because those 4 bowl wins were against second tier teams at best: Oceanside, Helix, Serra and Cathedral.

oceanside was top 100 at CP and top #7 in CA at Cal-Hi

Helix and Cathedral we’re both top 100 

Serra was top 25 national and, per your buddy @steeler an elite national team (unlike DLS who won SBG by 40  later in the same day that Folsom beat Serra by 28

No one’s asking for an MNC or suggesting that’s Murderer’s Row but they’ve knocked down all the best tomato cans socal has been able to throw at them 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

last year’s team fizzled imho — thought they were even with DLS and they just couldn’t give a shit about the D1 bowl against a game Cathedral team 

You’ve said this before.  What kind of “elite” team mails it in and can’t give a shit about a championship bowl game?  They “fizzled” in week 0 when a not great DLS team shut them out.  

15 minutes ago, On2whls said:

You’ve said this before.  What kind of “elite” team mails it in and can’t give a shit about a championship bowl game?  They “fizzled” in week 0 when a not great DLS team shut them out.  

Did CC bring their A-game against Pali Alto in 2010?  At least Folsom still found a way to win and if them having a close margin once I’m rolling to 4-0 is SBGs is their blemish, well.....

as far as losing to DLS, I think CC is also 0-3 in their last 3 vs DLS over same era, so......

10 minutes ago, Pops said:

as far as losing to DLS, I think CC is also 0-3 in their last 3 vs DLS over same era, so......

Using your logic, I guess I could say that Cen 10 in 2014 having had to beat very good Serra, Amat, MD and SJB teams in succession mailed it in against DLS.  You could say the same for 2015 especially having had to beat a very good 13-0 SJB team.  Thus against DLS it was simply anti climatic so they laid down.

If you have to use Folsom to prop up DLS accomplishments, your in a compromised position. 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Using your logic, I guess I could say that Cen 10 in 2014 having had to beat very good Serra, Amat, MD and SJB teams in succession mailed it in against DLS.  You could say the same for 2015 especially having had to beat a very good 13-0 SJB team.  Thus against DLS it was simply anti climatic so they laid down.

If you have to use Folsom to prop up DLS accomplishments, your in a compromised position. 

That's not my logic at all

How does playing the Open vs DLS as either an underdog or the consensus #1 team in country compare to D1 v Cathedral as a prohibitive favorite?  

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Serra was top 25 national and, per your buddy @steeler an elite national team (unlike DLS who won SBG by 40  later in the same day that Folsom beat Serra by 28

That was never said. I said they were a top 4 team in the state, and I believe they were. They played Folsom in a mud bowl and the game was tied or something in the 4th before a slew of turnovers. Never did I say they were elite though

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

That was never said. I said they were a top 4 team in the state, and I believe they were. They played Folsom in a mud bowl and the game was tied or something in the 4th before a slew of turnovers. Never did I say they were elite though

your 3 elite teams halfway thru playoffs were MV, Serra, and Trinity  -- don't necessarily mean top 3, but those were ones you mentioned when DLS wasn't an elite team because they didn't have elite athletes

Not making it up -- not a big deal -- you know this better than me, I just needed you to make a point that all of Folsom's SBG opponents didn't suck (or at least until Folsom played them)

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Not an indictment — the bellarmine game was their worst team this decade having an off night so yeah, but that’s one game — there’s not a 2nd Tier socal team that would have done any better against DLS

What?

I'd say that the team that lost to St. Mary's by 31 in the Section Championship was their worst team (also lost to Sacramento).

In the same years as the Folsom play-in games, De La Salle only beat St. Mary's by 8, Mullen by 17 and Serra by 7. Hell, they only beat 6-6 Servite by 25. All closer margins than either Folsom loss.

Come on, Pops. Stop being silly for once.

• Thumbs Down 1