Trinity League vs. USA

Sammyswordsman

18 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Well,  Everyone else in America that knows HSFB... Maybe not you.

A Georgia team beat a Colorado team that isn't a state champion yet and somehow you think that proves that the Georgia team could win 4 playoffs games in Colorado 5A.

Also, that Georgia team lost to an Alabama team that isn't a state champion yet and somehow you think that proves that the Georgia team could win 4 playoff games in Alabama 7A.

I think you should speak for yourself if you're going to say something so obviously silly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I get you’re trolling ECHS but come on my guy. They were dominated for most of the game AT HOME against a 5A team that hasn’t won anything in five years. 

They played Devin Farrell “the good QB” just as much as the senior. Neither did shit for three quarters. Yes Buford gave up drives late in the 4th quarter after controlling and leading wire to wire for 48 minutes

It was 26-10 Buford with five minutes left in the game. AT MILTON. If a non top 10 5A Buford can run for over 270 yards against them on the road, I’d expect a recruited up Trinity League team in California to smoke them

A522C714-5BDE-4695-A3A7-487F769774B4.jpeg

I didn't get to see the game, but, I'm guessing depth eventually became the issue for Buford late. 

I'd be interested to hear someone that was there give their take on the apparent collapse at the end. 

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Milton just lost to Buford.

At current, CP has them 34th in Georgia. 

Im really not sure where they should be, probably in the 25-40 range.... But Idk for sure yet because idk how good Buford is. Milton looks nothing like they did last year, thats for sure.

I dont understand why Coach Clack is continuing with the 2 QB system when the sophomore is the one doing most of the damage for them. Put him in and leave him in.

I did hear that 

one of the the issues I have taking GA candidates for elite hsfb is this example 

it’s public football (still, mostly), whichnis what I think hsfb should be 

but it doesn’t generate great teams 

McEachern?  I know they lost to a medium CQ team 41-7 last year.  I have a hard time believing those group of juniors and new kids are suddenly top 20 

On the plus side, GA is a state where a dozen top 100ish teams realistically have a title shot 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

I did hear that 

one of the the issues I have taking GA candidates for elite hsfb is this example 

McEachern?  I know they lost to a medium CQ team 41-7 last year.  I have a hard time believing those group of juniors and new kids are suddenly top 20 

On the plus side, GA is a state where a dozen top 100ish teams realistically have a title shot 

Do you still believe DLS would have won 18 of 25 large class State titles in GA? It was some funny number like that 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

I did hear that 

The big buy on McEachern this year is the coaching change. They have a "better" coach this year and the word is the kids are buying in more with what his philosophy is than the last. 

They've always had talent, just the last coach appeared unable to juggle them and keep a cohesive squad. Supposedly not so with their new coach. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Do you still believe DLS would have won 18 of 25 large class State titles in GA? It was some funny number like that 

If you want to have a serious conversation, yes, sort of 

my # was actually 15/ 25 when we were trying to have a serious discussion at the time, which for sake of discussion let’s call 2015 

18/25 was the # of times that DLS was considered by consensus to be a better team than anyone in GA

i figure they’d lose a few they shouldn’t But maybe win one or two of the years they weren’t favored 

DLS has only lost one game they shouldn’t have after September since ‘91 (‘06 SBG) — in fact, practically every team that’s beaten them would have won GA so they don’t have Cooper City moments 

One thing i believe in that you don’t is the reliability of DLS to get better more and more reliably than most teams 

DJ, who loved GA but had moments of lucidity, concurred 15 was a reasonable #

before you go there, winning GA is easier than beating STA in Aug/ Sep and Lakeland was a good team, ranked 2nd in FL until playoff loss, that beat a DLS team in Ot that trailed (2) or was tied in its first 3 Norcal games in 2nd half 

why?  You trying to stir things up 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The big buy on McEachern this year is the coaching change. They have a "better" coach this year and the word is the kids are buying in more with what his philosophy is than the last. 

They've always had talent, just the last coach appeared unable to juggle them and keep a cohesive squad. Supposedly not so with their new coach. 

I’m truly open-minded and hear what you’re saying — that can make a difference 

they still wouldn’t be near top 25 for me until they prove a little something — seems sorta like Narbonne in that they got a pass on credentials — just that Narbonne has played someone and gotten knocked back 

who’s mceachern toughest regular season opponent?  Do they play CQ again?

1 minute ago, Pops said:

If you want to have a serious conversation, yes, sort of 

my # was actually 15/ 25 when we were trying to have a serious discussion at the time, which for sake of discussion let’s call 2015 

18/25 was the # of times that DLS was considered by consensus to be a better team than anyone in GA

i figure they’d lose a few they shouldn’t But maybe win one or two of the years they weren’t favored 

DLS has only lost one game they shouldn’t have after September since ‘91 (‘06 SBG) — in fact, practically every team that’s beaten them would have won GA so they don’t have Cooper City moments 

One thing i believe in that you don’t is the reliability of DLS to get better more and more reliably than most teams 

DJ, who loved GA but had moments of lucidity, concurred 15 was a reasonable #

before you go there, winning GA is easier than beating STA in Aug/ Sep and Lakeland was a good team, ranked 2nd in FL until playoff loss, that beat a DLS team in Ot that trailed (2) or was tied in its first 3 Norcal games in 2nd half 

why?  You trying to stir things up 

Honestly @Nolebull813 ... Who cares. This guy has been wrong on just about every OOS game DLS has played. He doesn't watch enough football to know any better. CalPreps originally formed his opinion .... Hes like a religious person, the longer you believe it the deeper the brainwashing gets, when you hear that crap over & over from selective sources, eventually it just sticks & it is what it is. You, nor I, will change his mind until he sees a GA team come out to DLS and lay the smack down.

Im sure theres some moron DLS homers that think DLS wouldve won 25 of the last 25 in Georgia. Theres people that think the Earth is flat too. So who cares... They live in a little bubble & dont care to expand their playground... Because they dont want they beliefs trampled.

1 minute ago, Pops said:

they still wouldn’t be near top 25 for me until they prove a little something — seems sorta like Narbonne in that they got a pass on credentials — just that Narbonne has played someone and gotten knocked back 

They play Cedar Grove this week. It's a cross-league matchup. Cedar Grove has a little hype for a smaller enrollment school.

They play Hillgrove, who was widely considered a top 10 in the state team.

They also have Marietta. 

7 minutes ago, Pops said:

Stfu. You arent open minded.

McEachern plays Cedar Grove, Marietta, & Hillgrove

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Stfu. You arent open minded.

McEachern plays Cedar Grove, Marietta, & Hillgrove

Cedar Grove is 1-1 , they lost to the #1 team in AL, Central PC, 24-20... And they beat the #1 team in CO 27-17 (a week after VC beat Charlotte Christian NC 56-6)

Hillgrove went 12-1 last year... Only losing to eventual State Champ Milton in the Quarterfinals 20-19...

Marietta is Marietta

Honestly when Pops started to talk about GA it reminded me of when he said that outlandish claim and it was funny as hell. I just wanted to check in and see if he honestly believed that or was trolling.

DLS’ offense would be a huge weakness in GA. Georgia’s strength is SEC style defense. DLS weakness plays into GA strength. If DLS played in GA large class they might have 1 or 2 in 25 years at most 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Honestly when Pops started to talk about GA it reminded me of when he said that outlandish claim and it was funny as hell. I just wanted to check in and see if he honestly believed that or was trolling.

DLS’ offense would be a huge weakness in GA. Georgia’s strength is SEC style defense. DLS weakness played into GA strength. If DLS played in GA large class they might have 1 or 2 in 25 years at most 

DLS has never had to beat more than 1 good team in a row in the playoffs. 1. Ever. If they had to play 3-4 in a row.... Things dont work out so well then.

At the rate DLS has struggled OOS youd think it wouldve opened his mind a bit. But its still incased in a green & silver box. Hes brainwashed & beyond help IMO... Because he doesnt actually watch games & when he does he doesnt comprehend what hes watching.

--- i get it honestly... Hes watched DLS beat the brains out of garbage teams for 30 years & he thinks thats normal. That it doesnt matter who lines up across from them...But NorCal is far below most states... Much less GA. Its a different animal, taken much more seriously. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

DLS has never had to beat more than 1 good team in a row in the playoffs. 1. Ever. If they had to play 3-4 in a row.... Things dont work out so well then.

At the rate DLS has struggled OOS youd think it wouldve opened his mind a bit. But its still incased in a green & silver box. Hes brainwashed & beyond help IMO... Because he doesnt actually watch games & when he does he doesnt comprehend what hes watching.

--- i get it honestly... Hes watched DLS beat the brains out of garbage teams for 30 years & he thinks thats normal. That it doesnt matter who lines up across from them...But NorCal is far below most states... Much less GA. Its a different animal, taken much more seriously. 

DLS would still be undefeated if they only played in Ga

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It has fluctuated.

Here are his quotes:

The only reason you have it that way is your spiteful and are biased to prove your objective contention that DLS would "be a quarter-finalist on average" in GA 6A, when in reality, they'd have about 15 championships in last 20 years.

---

DLS would have dominated GA for the last 25 years, winning probably about 15 state championships.

---

All I'll say is the over/under on state championships that DLS would been expected to win in GA over the last 24 years is about 17.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pops said:

There's one big problem with this of course.

The fact that DLS wins 49-14 and 48-0 in consecutive weeks after their early season "struggles" in August. And those were against two opponents that you would consider quality.

If they win on Friday then they will absolutely cruise to the Open Bowl and not because they got better. But because they have no resistance.