Trinity League vs. USA

Sammyswordsman

From the local So Cal Site.....

Next Friday night, the 3rd ranked team in the USA, Jason Negro’s St. John Bosco Braves, open this big money showcase bringing some significant revenue to its still-infant stadium by hosting an appetizer against the Good Counsel Falcons out of Olney, MD and the DC version of the Trinity Lg — the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference (WCAC — same league as DeMatha and St Johns). 

On Saturday afternoon, Pat Harlow’s JSerra Lions face the defending Georgia 7A state champions, Atlanta-area Milton High School. 

Then, when the lights come on Saturday night, two heavyweights step in the ring. 

1 v. 2 in the NATION. The 2-time defending national champions battle another nationally-constructed superteam that has publicly stated they want the throne (IMG 2018, SFA 2019). 

Mater Dei. Baltimore Saint Frances Academy. 

Trinity v. The USA. SoCal v. Everybody. Uhhh ... let’s discuss? Lol 

LETS GET IT ON BABYYY!!

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/01/23/s ... socialflow

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

More from the So Cal boards....

RedPillWonderland wrote:
Source of the post 
WantTheNFLBack714 wrote:
I keep hearing from elsewhere, many people expect St. Frances Academy from Baltimore, to be the team that ends the season finished at number 1 nationally.

OutOfState wrote:
I caught part of the St Frances game on TV this Saturday. They definitely pass the eye test as they destroyed what was supposedly a good nationally ranked team from Miami. They have athletes at every position and they remind me of IMG from past years in terms of talent across the board. One big difference from IMG is that St Frances appeared to play with discipline and ran good schemes. They will be a big test for MD.

This St Frances Academy squad might be the biggest HS team in history. There are NFL lines that don’t have that type of size and depth across the board. But they also mostly move like you’d expect 350lb 17 year olds to move: top heavy. 

I watched the ESPN telecast of their matchup with Miami Central, and while SFA did dominate, Central was drastically overrated by some polls (MaxPreps preseason national #9 MC looked and sounded like a pop warner organization on the sidelines and the field). And I would disagree that SFA ran good schemes, at least offensively. They basically ran dive and power all game, which isn’t a bad idea if you can (which they could) but isn’t exactly a good scheme. 

If they weren’t doing that, they just threw a swing pass to Michigan commit RB Blake Corum, or a slant to a 6-3 WR, and told them to break tackles and score, which they did. At this point, they are one dimensional offensively. Nothing impressive about their passing game. Central sat in coverage all game, with basic fronts & no movement, and basically took an a** whooping standing still. Eric Johnson ain’t doing that. 

Now, SFA’s defense on the other hand ... whew boy ... well coached DUDES

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Mater Dei vs SFA. This is why these teams were built. This is the most anticipated game of the year. 

I think SJB rolls. 

Milton/JSerra is a pick em given the fact Georgia is better than Cali, and JS is not a transfer team. I’m going with Milton 

SJB is going to name the score.  SFA is going to beat Mater Dei.  

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Is there confirmation of these transfers or just message board banter?

ALL of the Trinity League teams are rocking over 20 plus transfers just for football. The ones at the top have even more than that. 

What is even worse is this- some of those kids are only enrolled at the school during football season and "go home" after that to their "home school." You literally can't make this up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I expect Cali to sweep with each game being competitive. 

SJB at home is a lock.

MD will have to play error free and have their best game of the year. 

If St. Francis can’t pressure Young, then they’re in for a rough go of it.  MD secondary can talk trash with the best of them and will try to bait SFA into bad behavior.

J Serra, who knows?   They haven’t been that impressive.  This game will define their season.

• Like 1

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

OLGC will so well to keep SJB under 35.  If SJC, OLGC, and SFA all lose this week, it will set back the DMV area considerably.  

DMV guys will be sweating it out this week.

GC will lose big time. SJB is a machine. SFA will put points on Mater Dei. This game will be a shoot out. I got SFA winning with a couple more plays on D. 

Don’t know what to think of Milton/JS. It’s a pick em because I heard from the GA folks Milton is the worst team in high school history all summer, but the Cali folks say the same about JS. Don’t know who to believe. Lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

SJB at home is a lock.

MD will have to play error free and have their best game of the year. 

If St. Francis can’t pressure Young, then they’re in for a rough go of it.  MD secondary can talk trash with the best of them and will try to bait SFA into bad behavior.

J Serra, who knows?   They haven’t been that impressive.  This game will define their season.

Cathedral Catholic. 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That’s BS. Give credit where credit is due. The DMV teams take on all comers and consistently show well in these games for the most part. The WCAC is the solid #2 regardless of outcomes. And #3 is a far distance behind. 

Agreed.  No guts no glory.  On the other hand the DMV could sweep or win two, which would change the narrative considerably. 

No league/area travels like the DMV.  They are the links to every area of the country.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.  No guts no glory.  On the other hand the DMV could sweep or win two, which would change the narrative considerably. 

No league/area travels like the DMV.  They are the links to every area of the country.  

They travel out of necessity. No one from their area will play them. The are the B Gorman of the East. 

Same thing happened with the Jersey teams. These teams had to play a national schedule. All the locals refused. 

Its never a coincidence that any team who starts to all star stack mysteriously has to start playing 4,5,6 teams from outside their area. 

Look at SJB and MD. They grew too big too fast. The Stache is playing all these OOS games out of necessity not preference 

• Like 1