The Side of Jabrill Peppers They Never Speak Of

SJR 04

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm surprised they didn't get this story out before he had the diluted result. If they knew he had been sick and was concerned about cramping and was drinking an exorbitant amount of water, you'd think they'd realize his urine sample would be affected. Why not address a simple problem like this up front rather than waiting and getting the negative publicity that goes with it? If he was sick and drinking all kinds of water and his urine was diluted to the point it wasn't passable, then not necessarily a poor decision by Peppers, but certainly a poor decision by his handlers for not nipping it in the bud.

This.

Someone close to him easily knew this was a possibility, and dropped the ball by not getting out in front of it. 

15 hours ago, paladin4ever said:

Plausible if you can prove that aliens exist. Drinking a lot of water has been proven to create a dilute sample. :D

It's also been proven that drinking that much water (3.5 liters if the "8-10 bottles" estimate is true) before bed often leads to hyponatremia symptoms. Any athlete who suffers from hydration/cramping issues would know that...and probably choose to hydrate more responsibly if actual hydration was the goal.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

It's also been proven that drinking that much water (3.5 liters if the "8-10 bottles" estimate is true) before bed often leads to hyponatremia symptoms. Any athlete who suffers from hydration/cramping issues would know that...and probably choose to hydrate more responsibly if actual hydration was the goal.

For an average sized person, that is true. But for a 215 lb. athlete, it would not have the same effect.

I don't think this test is going to mean anything. The bigger problem is where does he play in the NFL? Like I told King long ago he is going to be questionable at the pro level at best. Honestly besides returning kicks IMO he is not an NFL player. He is for sure not a DB. I don't care that ESPN hyped him for the Thorpe award. The kid had ONE interception while at UM. He is too small to play LB. So where do you play him? Do you use a first round pick on a maybe guy?

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Safety ?? Special teams and like that.

Safety in todays NFL? With all the spread offenses faster then hell little guys in the slot. Just who will he cover? I agree he will be a great special teams p[layer, however do you use a first round pick for a kick returner?

remember King you said he was a lock for top 5. Still want to make that bet?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Why is this so complicated? He's obviously to small to play LB in NFL. He's a natural safety if they feel he doesn't have coverage skills of a shut down DB. He can return kicks, some offense etc.  

He has not shown to have the coverage skills. Again he will be a hell of a special teams player. My question is do you use a first round pick on the guy?

Just now, thc6795 said:

He has not shown to have the coverage skills. Again he will be a hell of a special teams player. My question is do you use a first round pick on the guy?

He can play safety in the mold of Adrian Wilson for the Cards did. Tough at the LOS run stopper. Peppers ran a fast 40 so let's not make it that this kid is slow. I'd also use him on offense maybe 5-10 plays per game.  

Just now, aZjimbo said:

He can play safety in the mold of Adrian Wilson for the Cards did. Tough at the LOS run stopper. Peppers ran a fast 40 so let's not make it that this kid is slow. I'd also use him on offense maybe 5-10 plays per game.  

Teams are spreading defenses out big time right now. I just don't see it. The latest couple of mock drafts I have seen have him going between 25-30. A couple have him going at 30 to the Steelers. As a lifelong Cowboys fan. I do not want him.

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Teams are spreading defenses out big time right now. I just don't see it. The latest couple of mock drafts I have seen have him going between 25-30. A couple have him going at 30 to the Steelers. As a lifelong Cowboys fan. I do not want him.

Where he goes in the draft is anybody's guess.

11 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

Where he goes in the draft is anybody's guess.

Agreed. I'm just remindng king he wanted to bet me a hundo that Pep would be a lock top 5 pick. No way in hell that is happening. Then he said he wd be the first safety off the board. Again no way in hell that is happening either.

Honestly IMHO the guy is over rated as hell.

12 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Agreed. I'm just remindng king he wanted to bet me a hundo that Pep would be a lock top 5 pick. No way in hell that is happening. Then he said he wd be the first safety off the board. Again no way in hell that is happening either.

Honestly IMHO the guy is over rated as hell.

First you have to realize that king will pump everyone up from NJ so I take with a grain of salt. I think another season in college might have helped but I understand why he went pro. I think if there was less self promotion of himself people would think differently. Now he's up with the big boys so we shall see what happens.

5 minutes ago, aZjimbo said:

First you have to realize that king will pump everyone up from NJ so I take with a grain of salt. I think another season in college might have helped but I understand why he went pro. I think if there was less self promotion of himself people would think differently. Now he's up with the big boys so we shall see what happens.

I just think everything that made him special at Michigan hurts him now. By playing him all over the field he never mastered one position. I agree I think his best chance is at safety. I just think he lacks cover skills. Do you think he could be a full time RB?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Twosmart said:

I hope my steelers don't take him , to me he is a gamble , he is a tweener I see him as a 3rd Rd pick , who could become a stud but is a risk ,now with the dilute urine ?  He did 19 reps on the bench , So did my Qb son without a dilute urine . 

I agree, very hard pulling the trigger in the 1st round on a tweener.

Peppers will be a stud on next level a starter or at very least contribute out of gate not sure where tweener shit is coming from either he will be a safety in pros and damn good one his size and weight match up favorably to Adams and hooker who will be top 10 picks. He is also faster than both. He easily has talent and drive to be a top 5 player in this draft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kingwill said:

Peppers will be a stud on next level a starter or at very least contribute out of gate not sure where tweener shit is coming from either he will be a safety in pros and damn good one his size and weight match up favorably to Adams and hooker who will be top 10 picks. He is also faster than both. He easily has talent and drive to be a top 5 player in this draft.

Frigging high in the night. Good thing you are not a GM. The guy had ONE int while at UM ONE. Every top draft guy has him going late 1st round to 3rd round and you think he is a top 5 guy. Frigging funny