Week 4 Tiers

Sammyswordsman

Just now, Kalven said:

SJC would be favorite against both, let’s be real. 

I don't think SJC is as good as we thought.  They seem to be soft.  I guess that is the difference in why I have IMG and Duncanville in Tier 2 and a couple of you (Who think more highly of SJC) want them in Tier 1.  Fair enough.  This will shake out in upcoming weeks.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

I don't think SJC is as good as we thought.  They seem to be soft.  I guess that is the difference in why I have IMG and Duncanville in Tier 2 and a couple of you (Who think more highly of SJC) want them in Tier 1.  Fair enough.  This will shake out in upcoming weeks.

If MD Struggles, would u consider putting DV and IMG to tier 1? 

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Yes.

I actually think this SJC is a trap game for MD. They are coming off dominating SFA, have to travel 3000 miles and SJC has already lost multiple games. I could see MD looking past this game to the showdown with SJB.

Don't get me wrong, I think MD wins with a high probability, but I can easily see it being closer than one would think following their performance in the SFA game.

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@Sammyswordsman what’s up I don’t see Temple Texas or Lumpfkin anywhere on any national polls or tiers

@Gametyme 

Lufkin would be whatever tier Longview is considering they beat us 24-21 a game we led in 4th quarter in front of 10,000. Nice try. Go enjoy jersey shore football you guys won't play in front of 10,000 combined all season

26 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I actually think this SJC is a trap game for MD. They are coming off dominating SFA, have to travel 3000 miles and SJC has already lost multiple games. I could see MD looking past this game to the showdown with SJB.

Don't get me wrong, I think MD wins with a high probability, but I can easily see it being closer than one would think following their performance in the SFA game.

No please. MD better win big. Anything less than 20 pts beat down will be a let down. 

7 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 1 -  Mater Dei, St. John Bosco,

Tier 2 -   Duncanville, STA, Katy, St. Louis (Hi), SFA, IMG

Tier 3  -  DLS,  DeMatha,   OLGC, Bishop Gorman, North Shore, Lakeland, Grayson, Lowndes

Tier 4 -   Cen10, SJR,  SJP,  SJC, Marietta, Gonzaga, Cathedral Catholic, Chandler, Saguaro,  McEachern

Tier 5 -   Colerain, , Longview, Pickering Central, Dutch Fork, Mallard Creek, Corner Canyon (UT), Columbia, Mission Viejo, Allen, Colquitt,  Allen,  Mentor, St. Xavier, St. Eds,  Northwestern, Narbonne,  Miami Central, North Gwinett, Valdosta,  Lone Peak

Tier 6  - Guyer, Servite, Alemeny Westlake (Tx), JSerra, Alemeny, Hoover, Grace Bretheren, Milton, Trinity*, Buford, Guyer, Hoban, Iggy, Bergen Catholic, Folsom, Centennial AZ, Lincoln Way East.  East St. Louis

*Requests to add your team will be honored.  But must be Tier 6 or above to be placed on a Tier.

Below is an explanation of the Methodolgy used to place the teams on various Tiers.  The Tier concept recognizes that W/L records are a function of quality of opponent, and as such, RELEVANCY of opponent MUST be factored in.  The Tiers recognizes that in some cases, a 10-0 team (ranked in Top 100 by some outlets) could get blown off the field by a 5-5 (unranked) team that played a tougher schedule.  This is why the Tiers was created.

*Not attempting to rank every team, only the ones we discuss on this site.

*Teams are ranked appropriately for that week in the season.  Teams can improve and regress comparatively.

* The Tiers are fluid and subject to extreme fluctuations early in the year, leveling out as the year progresses.

*Tier placements consider a teams entire body of work, however are weighted heaviest on recent games and game weights decrease in significance in reverse order.  In other words, early road OOS losses to relevant teams can be overcome as the season progresses.

*Teams placed on the same Tier can compete with other same Tier teams and possibly win 2+ of 10. 

*Basically there is a -10 point drop between tiers.  Could vary from a TD to 3 scores depending on the styles of teams playing.  This does not necessarily mean that there is a 30 point difference between Tier 1 and Tier 3, only that the chances of a Tier 3 team beating a Tier 1 team are exponentially less than the chances of a Tier 2 Team beating a Tier 1 team.

*The Tiers will ultimately be made up of (16) teams per Tier that would form competitive playoff brackets.

*Texas teams generally have not played enough OOS games to gauge properly #crapshoot.  There must be a daisy chain OOS connection for a reference point.  Teams with no OOS daisy chain connection may not be placed on a Tier.  (Texas exempt)

*Tiers are based on exhaustive research, Multiple games watched, and good gut feelings.

*This is a crowd sourced rating. All input will be considered and adjustments will be made as appropriate

Dang,  63 teams listed here and Curtis can't break in,  but Allen makes it twice. You must have been talking to Nolebull lately!!!! haha

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Lufkin would be whatever tier Longview is considering they beat us 24-21 a game we led in 4th quarter in front of 10,000. Nice try. Go enjoy jersey shore football you guys won't play in front of 10,000 combined all season

After further review Lumpfkin would Not be ranked Due to their terrible schedule 

50BA038C-2701-4A95-849E-9217B633896D.png

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

After further review Lumpfkin would Not be ranked Due to their terrible schedule 

50BA038C-2701-4A95-849E-9217B633896D.png

Right just leave out the fact we nearly beat Longview. So yeah you know how good we're. Just little ole public school Lufkin who has put in nearly 4 times the amount of NFL players as you guys. Based on the tiers looks like you guys would have your hands full with us. Who is the highest rated player on your team ?

6 minutes ago, westbankeagle said:

Dang,  63 teams listed here and Curtis can't break in,  but Allen makes it twice. You must have been talking to Nolebull lately!!!! haha

Is anyone requesting John Curtis to be ranked?  We don't attempt to rank all teams, only teams people request or that are commented about on the site.

Just now, Gametyme said:

Right just leave out the fact we nearly beat Longview. So yeah you know how good we're. Just little ole public school Lufkin who has put in nearly 4 times the amount of NFL players as you guys. Based on the tiers looks like you guys would have your hands full with us. Who is the highest rated player on your team ?

Nearly only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

we established weeks ago Longview is terrible and ducks good competition