So who goes to the Geico bowl?

181pl

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Does North Gwinnett still get by in OT if they play in Tampa instead of GA

Is lowndes vs MNW a blowout if played in SFL instead of Valdosta?

These questions are important when evaluating, again maybe GA still wins these games in FL but when GA has every built in advantage how can we say with certainty that FL is getting owned??

Every built in advantage? If you're referring to home field advantage, then I understand that, but what are the other advantages you're referring to? If they're what I think they are, then you can't blame Georgia teams for being better equipped than the florida teams they're playing.

As far as getting owned, I'm solely referring to the W/L record between the two states. 

26 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Every built in advantage? If you're referring to home field advantage, then I understand that, but what are the other advantages you're referring to? If they're what I think they are, then you can't blame Georgia teams for being better equipped than the florida teams they're playing.

As far as getting owned, I'm solely referring to the W/L record between the two states. 

Home Field and having officials giving GA every big call they can is good enough for having every built in advantage

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Most of the times FL have played GA teams it's been complete mismatches before the game even took place

This year the only FL vs GA games (regular season) that looked like it was even close to even were both played in GA and resulted in GA wins

So I call bullshit on GA owning FL

Florida desperately needs Edgewater to go up to Marietta and battle for four quarters and maybe pull out a win. Word is, they may well be able to do that. But, if they get running-clocked, Georgia's got Florida's # for the time being.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

This seems to be Lakeland's approach to their entire schedule.

"Play somebody good in the regular season? Why? Who cares? Nobody on a message board will fellate us if we win! ZERO benefit!"

I said I didn't speak for Lakeland. But, in this case, I think it's safe to say nobody wants any of you blowing them.

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Spoken like a true imbecile.

For example, bragging about North Gwinnett beating Armwood is silly given that it was a 2OT game played in Georgia.

Is there any doubt that the game doesn't even go to overtime if it's played in Seffner?

Absolutely. Every game is different. Home field advantage doesnt mean THAT much. You still have to run, catch, throw, & kick the same way you do every game.

Armwoods home field crowd probably isnt half of what North Gwinnetts is.

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Crowd has nothing to do with it.

It's about familiarity in preparation. Playing in your comfort. Not having to bus or plane for hours.

Simple stuff that seems to elude the clowns from states that rarely do it.

The only clown here... Is the guy whining about what wouldve happened on a different field.

"Yeah if theyd have played on Bermuda instead of Cyprus, Armwood totally wins."

Nonsense. Armwood knew about this game months & months in advance. If they didnt prepare correctly, thats their fault. You know you have to go play on a different field. Its just excuses to justify losing. Armwood lost the game that was played because they werent good enough to beat North Gwinnett. 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How many yards of penalties did MNW have? Their game stats from that game isn't on maxpreps

I was keeping up with it at first & then quit... It wasnt very many. They were letting them play.

There hasnt been a game yet this year in GA where you can really cry about officiating.

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Armwood had a phantom flag thrown on a game-winning touchdown in overtime. 

That’s enough info you need right there 

Even if it was a legit holding penalty, it was a 2OT game where Armwood was a flag away from winning.

And they were ahead at halftime.

To claim that it wouldn't have even gone to OT if it was in Seffner is not a crazy concept at all.

ECHS05 is just a doofus.

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Armwood had a phantom flag thrown on a game-winning touchdown in overtime. 

That’s enough info you need right there 

Its not phantom. Theres video of it & a guy on THEIR team saying it was legit.

Sometimes a hold is a hold. Its a penalty. Dont do it if you dont want it thrown, and this one was OBVIOUS.