1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who chooses these teams? What states are eligible 

GA

MD 

AZ

FL 

WA 

UT 

Whichever state has the highest ranked teams gets invited. If we did it right now it'd be:

STA/Lakeland

Eastside Catholic 

Lowndes 

Saguaro(I guess)

Dematha is a Maryland school that participates in D.C athletics. I think... So they can't get in unless D.C approves it. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Soft California doesn't let their teams play. They never invite the academies like IMG. I'm guessing it's going to be undefeated st. Thomas or undefeated Lakeland against the Georgia champ in one of the games.

Why send IMG

So some clueless people can sit there and say that's the only good team in FL and since they a academy then FL is a pathetic state??

We don't need IMG ass and FL will never leave the top 3!!

From what I gather, it's just a group trying to put together a game between state champions. They're just looking for the best match up they can find, with an eye towards appeasing the TV folks. We're talking about what could be a 16th (or 17th if Texas participated) game following the emotional apex of a state title game. A game where there is very limited time for teams and their fans to make travel arrangements. And it's a game that almost never provides an opportunity for the participants to get a win that is more significant than the win they just got in their state title game. So, teams aren't champing at the bit to play in this. Basically, the only teams that would be interested fall into one of three categories: 1) Private schools looking to market their program to a wide audience so as to attract more tuition-paying families, 2) Ambitious, wannabe famous coaches looking for a TV game as a springboard for their career, 3) teams from states that are often overlooked and/or underrated among the elite states. A Texas or Florida state champ has NOTHING to gain from beating a Georgia or Utah state champ. Even if the teams they'd face really are awesome and worthy, it's not going to mean any more than the state championship they just won. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA

MD 

AZ

FL 

WA 

UT 

Whichever state has the highest ranked teams gets invited. If we did it right now it'd be:

STA/Lakeland

Eastside Catholic 

Lowndes 

Saguaro(I guess)

Dematha is a Maryland school that participates in D.C athletics. I think... So they can't get in unless D.C approves it. 

Well I guess at least if lowndes goes i may be able to find a ride since we all know no matter how much they paid they won't have stones to play away from home so it will be lowndes hosting against whoever they send (hopefully FL number 1 team)

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

From what I gather, it's just a group trying to put together a game between state champions. They're just looking for the best match up they can find, with an eye towards appeasing the TV folks. We're talking about what could be a 16th (or 17th if Texas participated) game following the emotional apex of a state title game. A game where there is very limited time for teams and their fans to make travel arrangements. And it's a game that almost never provides an opportunity for the participants to get a win that is more significant than the win they just got in their state title game. So, teams aren't champing at the bit to play in this. Basically, the only teams that would be interested fall into one of three categories: 1) Private schools looking to market their program to a wide audience so as to attract more tuition-paying families, 2) Ambitious, wannabe famous coaches looking for a TV game as a springboard for their career, 3) teams from states that are often overlooked and/or underrated among the elite states. A Texas or Florida state champ has NOTHING to gain from beating a Georgia or Utah state champ. Even if the teams they'd face really are awesome and worthy, it's not going to mean any more than the state championship they just won. 

A team like Columbia if they won state would be a team that would fit category 3

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA

MD 

AZ

FL 

WA 

UT 

STA/Lakeland

Eastside Catholic 

Lowndes 

Saguaro(I guess)

So NJ isn’t allowed?

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

If your state association approved it. But it also has to be a state championship team. 

Idk if group titles count.

If NJ deems "group titles" as their form of state championships then it probably would be approved but like already said the state association has to approve the state participating in a postseason bowl game first before any team in NJ is eligible

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

GA

MD 

AZ

FL 

WA 

UT 

STA/Lakeland

Eastside Catholic 

Lowndes 

Saguaro(I guess)

Probably Corner Canyon UT over Saguaro.

20 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Don’t lump Georgia with Utah smh the disrespect. But i agree with a lot of this 

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

So, basically, a long and ponderous explanation as to why Lakeland will not participate if asked.

👍

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1