So who goes to the Geico bowl?

181pl

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lowndes is just better than MNW by far. Home field wouldn’t have helped. 

Lowndes is the consensus number 1 team in GA where MNW is fringe top 10 in FL. Somewhere in the 8-12 range. Lowndes has been dismantling comparable GA teams this year so what’s the difference? 

Fringe top 10? 

Lawl. 

Top 5.... 3.

At what point do you just be honest & stop always politicking.

9 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

That game doesnt affect MNWs ranking in Florida. That game wasnt against a Florida team.

Lowndes is probably #1 or atleast #2 in GA... 

I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about. 

Of course it means something.  Its the most fundamental way you rank teams.  By their results on the field

It’s funny how some of your Georgia guys put way more stocking random out of state games then in-state. 

Asking about Godby/Coffee. Lol. A  5-0 team against a multiple blown out 2-4 team.  Why would you honestly give a shit? Lmao! 

I didn’t hear nothing about Colquitt and Grayson this weekend. If a casual fan was on the board they wouldnt even known the game happened.

But Colquitt playing Jax TC will have 4 threads and people acting like they won an Oscar when Colquitt beats the same as they did Grayson. 

Funny bunch 

9 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Playing “national schedules" don't make you a elite team on its own, sure they can make you better prepared for tough games but at end of the day being a great team you will be great regardless of your schedule

And that right there is what most people simply don’t get. Especially, idiots like Canes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Any loss or win affects the rankings on all levels, it being in state or OOS don't make a damn difference

Why would a team from Florida, go down in the FLORIDA state rankings, for losing to a Georgia team?  Just losing doesnt mean you automatically drop in rankings... Rankings are based on how good a team is, & losing to a team from a different state, doesnt make them any worse in their own state.

Logic isnt your strong suit.

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s funny how some of your Georgia guys put way more stocking random out of state games then in-state. 

Asking about Godby/Coffee. Lol. A  5-0 team against a multiple blown out 2-4 team.  Why would you honestly give a shit? Lmao! 

I didn’t hear nothing about Colquitt and Grayson this weekend. If a casual fan was on the board they wouldnt even known the game happened.

But Colquitt playing Jax TC will have 4 threads and people acting like they won an Oscar when Colquitt beats the same as they did Grayson. 

Funny bunch 

This definitely isnt true. 

Some here --- 

And heres a whole thread about it ---

Heres a much better question... Why does it make you so uncomfortable to just admit one of your top teams lost and leave it at that? 

17 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Why would a team from Florida, go down in the FLORIDA state rankings, for losing to a Georgia team?  Just losing doesnt mean you automatically drop in rankings... Rankings are based on how good a team is, & losing to a team from a different state, doesnt make them any worse in their own state.

Because a team isn't proving they better then where they were by fucking losing

Simple

20 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

What logic does it take to use a philosophy that losing means a team drops in the rankings

Seems pretty damn simple and every ranking out there uses it, computer or human poll

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Just like you too scared to do Rankings because you want people to think you know everything and are scared you will be exposed as a idiota

Rankings are usually suspect because there's no real way to objectively do the entire state. I used to vote in the Beef O Brady top 25 and that's about the extent of how many teams should be ranked. That was tough. Because you wanted to be fair and include some small teams that deserve it, but you had to exclude a lot of teams that hsd good records because you knew they would get smoked by some of the better teams up the list even if those teams had two or three losses.

Basically, I don't fault Canes for not doing rankings bc at the end of the day they don't matter. We have playoffs whicht ultimately determine the one ranking that matters 

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

What logic does it take to use a philosophy that losing means a team drops in the rankings

Seems pretty damn simple and every ranking out there uses it, computer or human poll

Look at it like this: take.......Bingham for example. They lose to a team like Eastside Catholic, right? But they beat all of their Utah opponents following that loss. Why would Bingham's STATE rankings be affected because they lost to an OOS team? 

14 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah it’s the advantage of having a team that looks like they woke up from a great nap and are completely healthy across-the-board. 

Playing against a team that is battered and bruised from real competition

There is probably around 100 teams in Broward and Dade County. Lakeland starts at the 100th best team and then 99, and so on until some slap dick agrees to come up and play. 

The funniest part of this is STA, last season, having running clock blowouts in 12 of 14 games coming in, a 13th game that was 38-6 late, and then some clown claiming the other team was looking for the easy road. 12 of 14 clocks equals "battered and bruised from real competition"? I like shrooms too!

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Look at it like this: take.......Bingham for example. They lose to a team like Eastside Catholic, right? But they beat all of their Utah opponents following that loss. Why would Bingham's STATE rankings be affected because they lost to an OOS team? 

Utah isn't a very deep state though so I could buy a argument there

With FL being a power state and teams shifting from week to week I'm not gonna leave someone at same position because their blowout didn't happen to a FL team if you get what I'm saying