So who goes to the Geico bowl?

181pl

29 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Don’t lump Georgia with Utah smh the disrespect. But i agree with a lot of this 

haha, nah I'm not passing judgement on the quality of the football. Georgia seems to be owning Florida a bit now. But, perception-wise, the armchair QBs sitting on their couches with bellies full of beer generally think Florida is a notch above.

21 minutes ago, The Guru said:

So, basically, a long and ponderous explanation as to why Lakeland will not participate if asked.

👍

😂

I have no association with the Lakeland program. Haven't lived there in the last 23 years. So, I'm not speaking for anyone.

But, the reasons for any team to skip it make perfect sense. And I didn't even mention the wear and tear on the kids bodies after an NFL-length season.

You know what Lakeland would have gotten from beating Lee County the week after beating STA last year? NOTHING. ZERO. It would have done nothing for anyone. It wouldn't even have appeased the handful of message board geeks here, who would have dismissed a win over Lee as rather meaningless.

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

haha, nah I'm not passing judgement on the quality of the football. Georgia seems to be owning Florida a bit now. But, perception-wise, the armchair QBs sitting on their couches with bellies full of beer generally think Florida is a notch above.

Most of the times FL have played GA teams it's been complete mismatches before the game even took place

This year the only FL vs GA games (regular season) that looked like it was even close to even were both played in GA and resulted in GA wins

So I call bullshit on GA owning FL

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You know what Lakeland would have gotten from beating Lee County the week after beating STA last year? NOTHING. ZERO. It would have done nothing for anyone. It wouldn't even have appeased the handful of message board geeks here, who would have dismissed a win over Lee as rather meaningless.

This seems to be Lakeland's approach to their entire schedule.

"Play somebody good in the regular season? Why? Who cares? Nobody on a message board will fellate us if we win! ZERO benefit!"

• Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Who has Lakeland beaten this year? I can’t recall anything significant. 

Lakeland most significant win in regular season last year was probably Apopka

Didn't matter when they beat STA by double digits in finals, playing "national schedules" don't make you a elite team on its own, sure they can make you better prepared for tough games but at end of the day being a great team you will be great regardless of your schedule

7 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Lakeland most significant win in regular season last year was probably Apopka

Didn't matter when they beat STA by double digits in finals, playing "national schedules" don't make you a elite team on its own, sure they can make you better prepared for tough games but at end of the day being a great team you will be great regardless of your schedule

There’s an edge advantage with this type of schedule. 

9 minutes ago, Kalven said:

There’s an edge advantage with this type of schedule. 

Yeah it’s the advantage of having a team that looks like they woke up from a great nap and are completely healthy across-the-board. 

Playing against a team that is battered and bruised from real competition

There is probably around 100 teams in Broward and Dade County. Lakeland starts at the 100th best team and then 99, and so on until some slap dick agrees to come up and play. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah it’s the advantage of having a team that looks like they woke up from a great nap and are completely healthy across-the-board. 

Playing against a team that is battered and bruised from real competition

There is probably around 100 teams in Broward and Dade County. Lakeland starts at the 100th best team and then 99, and so on until some slap dick agrees to come up and play. 

Or maybe STA just wasn't as good as people tried to make them (which i said all year but nobody would listen because they too busy thinking a moron like los knows football)

I have forgotten more about football than that weasel will ever know

58 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Most of the times FL have played GA teams it's been complete mismatches before the game even took place

This year the only FL vs GA games (regular season) that looked like it was even close to even were both played in GA and resulted in GA wins

So I call bullshit on GA owning FL

I understand the patriotism towards florida, but come one now, Georgia has been owning florida THIS YEAR. Last year, Florida was owning Georgia. The roles have reversed this year. 

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I understand the patriotism towards florida, but come one now, Georgia has been owning florida THIS YEAR. Last year, Florida was owning Georgia. The roles have reversed this year. 

Until Georgia starts traveling to Florida at a roughly equal rate, I refuse to take most of these results seriously.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

2 results between even teams both played in GA is not enough to fully define where 2 states stand

Not enough data points

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2 results between even teams both played in GA is not enough to fully define where 2 states stand

Not enough data points

I need for @ECHS05 to post all of the GA/FL games this from this year. I'm pretty sure GA has owns the record for this year. And not all of those games have been complete mismatches either. 

And y'all sound ridiculous with this whole "the games were played in georgia" stuff. At the end of the day, the games still happened. Stop all that. 

5 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I need for @ECHS05 to post all of the GA/FL games this from this year. I'm pretty sure GA has owns the record for this year. And not all of those games have been complete mismatches either. 

And y'all sound ridiculous with this whole "the games were played in georgia" stuff. At the end of the day, the games still happened. Stop all that. 

I guarantee you over 3/4 of games FL lost were clear mismatches

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Spoken like a true imbecile.

For example, bragging about North Gwinnett beating Armwood is silly given that it was a 2OT game played in Georgia.

Is there any doubt that the game doesn't even go to overtime if it's played in Seffner?

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Does North Gwinnett still get by in OT if they play in Tampa instead of GA

Is lowndes vs MNW a blowout if played in SFL instead of Valdosta?

These questions are important when evaluating, again maybe GA still wins these games in FL but when GA has every built in advantage how can we say with certainty that FL is getting owned??