Is Clemson another 2014 FSU?

ChimpGrip

Weaker teams have been giving blueprints on how to beat Clemson. Those teams—like North Carolina—lacked the personnel to capitalize on the holes they discovered. 

I sense that Clemson is destined for the 2014 FSU treatment. They’ll escape their regular season schedule, and once they play a team that can match them on the field, they will get destroyed

Does anyone else feel the same about Clemson? They seem vulnerable.

I know Bama’s defense has been struggling, but it’s youthful and banged up. With that, we’re still playing better than Clemson. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I agree. Ole Miss offense looks legit against them but couldn't do crap against a weak Cal team.

Ole Miss had 525 yards and 27 first downs on offense against Cal. They finished with less yards and first downs against a lesser Bama defense rotating backups the entire 4th quarter (52-17 after three) They moved the ball at will against Cal, don’t rewrite history. 

• Thanks 1

Clemson annually gets scares from teams. 

Last year Syracuse

The year before Syracuse beat them

When they beat Bama in 2016 these were some scores that happened. 

Clemson 19 Auburn 13

Clemson 30 Troy 24

Clemson 42 Louisville 36

Clemson 24 NCSU 17 OT

Clemson 37 FSU 34

Pitt 43 Clemson 42

Clemson 42 VaTech 35

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

This is a weak Alabama defense. Worst run stopping defense under Saban.

It’s a weak front seven in terms of Alabama past defenses. Linebacker play is a major issue this season, both inside and outside. Some of that is injuries/depth, some of that is also just flat misses in recruiting. Lack of pass rush is a bigger concern than run defense. The latter will tighten up against elite competition. Not sure the pass rush gets there consistently this season with this unit

Secondary is very good with two first rounders in Diggs (CB) & McKinney (S) DBs are having to cover longer than usual at Bama and they’re still performing well

37 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Ole Miss had 525 yards and 27 first downs on offense against Cal. They finished with less yards and first downs against a lesser Bama defense rotating backups the entire 4th quarter (52-17 after three) They moved the ball at will against Cal, don’t rewrite history. 

Ole Miss had 25 FD and 476 yards against Bama. My bad Bama is a little better than Cal.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kalven said:

So Bama went Cal mode at the end on purpose....

No, the backups aren’t any good. I don’t think this is a great Alabama defense by any stretch. I simply addressed your comment about Ole Miss offense doing nothing against Cal. Untrue.  I’d imagine if Cal played their 2nd string defense in the 4th they would’ve lost 

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

No, the backups aren’t any good. I don’t think this is a great Alabama defense by any stretch. I simply addressed your comment about Ole Miss offense doing nothing against Cal. Untrue.  I’d imagine if Cal played their 2nd string defense in the 4th they would’ve lost 

I agree. Also, Bama would kill Cal

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Clemson annually gets scares from teams. 

Last year Syracuse

The year before Syracuse beat them

When they beat Bama in 2016 these were some scores that happened. 

Clemson 19 Auburn 13

Clemson 30 Troy 24

Clemson 42 Louisville 36

Clemson 24 NCSU 17 OT

Clemson 37 FSU 34

Pitt 43 Clemson 42

Clemson 42 VaTech 35

Yeah, I just wonder if they can repeat that. We’ll see what happens

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Weaker teams have been giving blueprints on how to beat Clemson. Those teams—like North Carolina—lacked the personnel to capitalize on the holes they discovered. 

I sense that Clemson is destined for the 2014 FSU treatment. They’ll escape their regular season schedule, and once they play a team that can match them on the field, they will get destroyed

Does anyone else feel the same about Clemson? They seem vulnerable.

I know Bama’s defense has been struggling, but it’s youthful and banged up. With that, we’re still playing better than Clemson. 

I lump UGA in this group.  Just do not seem to have the it factor.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

FYI I'm fucking with you. xD I'm bored 1hour to go at work.

• Haha 1