MD vs Servite 56-11 (F)

Bodysurf

5 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Servite and JSerra... Average (5-5) caliber Texas 6A's teams at best in most Texas 6A Districts around the State.

and neither one of them would crack the Texas Top #10 in Texas 5A.

If jserra played dv’s schedule they’d finish 9-1. Molina Richardson white pierce lake highland skyline Berkner and south oak cliff are all W’s. One loss to sjc. We both know that. But sure man, they’d be 5-5 in that brutal big boy district lmao. Now I may be wrong but if dv were to have lost to sjc but finished 9-1 they’d still be considered a state title contender out there no? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

I agree 100%...   that's what I'm saying..  Servite and JSERRA are small market teams that wouldn't even crack the Texas Top #10 5A.....    I won't even go into Texas 6A (largest bracket)

I saw both Servite and JSERRA play...  average Texas 5A ball at best.

I saw the #1 team in TX struggle to score just 7 points in the 2nd half against the 2,109th ranked team. DV is a below average, overrated team that would get smoked by CA’s top 5 teams, public or private. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

I saw the #1 team in TX struggle to score just 7 points in the 2nd half against the 2,109th ranked team. DV is a below average, overrated team that would get smoked by CA’s top 5 teams, public or private. 

Your first mistake is looking too deeply into the ranking systems. Rankings don’t mean anything when the game has to take place on the field. 

Your second mistake is using a box score to determine your judgement.

Look at these next two halftime scores and tell me what you see:

St. John’s College - 21
Mater Dei - 20 

St. John Bosco - 7
Servite - 6

16 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Dv is efficient and does what they do well but by no means is it schematically complex. They have athletes that have carried them through their schedule thus far. Dv has a really good athlete at qb but if any team really took away the run game it would be hard for him to beat a good team with a good secondary with his arm. (idiots on here think dv runs the ball better than st. Frances does haha)  Saw him live in person and he’s a real deal athlete but when he gets to UT he will be an athlete not their starting quarterback. Dv will not be tested until late November/ early December. Their schedules is all jv teams with the exception of St. John’s. & St. John’s got 53 put on them at home so basically a sorry schedule. 

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Dv is efficient and does what they do well but by no means is it schematically complex. They have athletes that have carried them through their schedule thus far. Dv has a really good athlete at qb but if any team really took away the run game it would be hard for him to beat a good team with a good secondary with his arm. (idiots on here think dv runs the ball better than st. Frances does haha)  Saw him live in person and he’s a real deal athlete but when he gets to UT he will be an athlete not their starting quarterback. Dv will not be tested until late November/ early December. Their schedules is all jv teams with the exception of St. John’s. & St. John’s got 53 put on them at home so basically a sorry schedule. 

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/6ABBFB.pdf

Just like Mater Dei has to play their ‘league’ schedule, Duncanville has to play the teams in their district. Explain why the complaining exists about scheduling?

13 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/6ABBFB.pdf

Just like Mater Dei has to play their ‘league’ schedule, Duncanville has to play the teams in their district. Explain why the complaining exists about scheduling?

I’m not complaining about the scheduling  but I am saying dv does not play one decent team in the regular season besides sjc. They go in to December completely healthy and untested, good for them. Regardless of how anyone feels about the trinity league it is the toughest league in America. There are two at the top that are much better than the rest but all the teams except for one are pretty good and even the SM team that will finish last in t league this year played a really good mission Viejo team within 11 points. My point is that dv gets to skate into the state playoffs completely untested and that’s not the case in so cal. If dv has a “bad week” like they did on Friday regardless if it’s injury related or not, they would lose. You can’t underperform in the trinity because you’ll get beat. Ask Bosco, almost gave one up to a servite team that is nowhere near as good as them. 

29 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’m not complaining about the scheduling  but I am saying dv does not play one decent team in the regular season besides sjc. They go in to December completely healthy and untested, good for them. Regardless of how anyone feels about the trinity league it is the toughest league in America. There are two at the top that are much better than the rest but all the teams except for one are pretty good and even the SM team that will finish last in t league this year played a really good mission Viejo team within 11 points. My point is that dv gets to skate into the state playoffs completely untested and that’s not the case in so cal. If dv has a “bad week” like they did on Friday regardless if it’s injury related or not, they would lose. You can’t underperform in the trinity because you’ll get beat. Ask Bosco, almost gave one up to a servite team that is nowhere near as good as them. 

That’s not true they played Lancaster in the 1st game another top 100 team.

The playoffs pretty much begins in Dec.  so not sure where you were going with that.   

28 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

It’s the same for Midland Lee, Arl. Lamar, Longview, Midway, Katy, Fort Bend Travis, Allen, Judson, Lake Travis, Westlake, DeSoto, Carroll, Pearland, North Shore, Atascocita, Dickinson, Cy-Fair, Westlake, Steele, SA Madison, Brandeis, Laredo United, Hanna.

There are plenty more but the point is they all have one factor in common. They are programs that are either strong up and comers or they are a traditional, storied program who more often than not run their district.

https://www.uiltexas.org/files/alignments/6AFBEnrollment.pdf

Once the playoffs begin, that’s when it gets real and you quickly see who are contenders and who are “pretenders”. In some cases you get a team who has high ranking matchups throughout the entire playoff bout and that is usually dubbed, “The region of death”. Duncanville and North Shore in their own ways both had to go through storied programs to get to the final. The fact they did it in convincing fashion is what caught everyone’s attention. 

No team is going to reach the 6A Division 1 final, much less win it unless they are a legit threat to every other team in the state. In some cases this can be said about the Division 2 bracket but most of the time, the strongest and heavily storied programs wind up in the Division 1 bracket. 

Just now, Horsefly said:That’s not true they played Lancaster in the 1st game another top 100 team. 

Cmon man. Lancaster is not elite and now we’re talking about game 1. The entire offseason to prep for that game. JJ and the no 1 team in tx should’ve gone absolutely nuts against them. Fair to say corona Centennial beats Lancaster? I think so. Md ran it up on them in week 1. If MD/SJB beat Lancaster by 21 what would all of the texas folk have to say about that one? Dv is ranked in the top 5 everywhere. There’s a big difference in top 5 and  top 100 in the country. 

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Cmon man. Lancaster is not elite and now we’re talking about game 1. The entire offseason to prep for that game. JJ and the no 1 team in tx should’ve gone absolutely nuts against them. Fair to say corona Centennial beats Lancaster? I think so. Md ran it up on them in week 1. If MD/SJB beat Lancaster by 21 what would all of the texas folk have to say about that one? Dv is ranked in the top 5 everywhere. There’s a big difference in top 5 and  top 100 in the country. 

Well, Lancaster is (6-1) and top 25 in Texas at the moment.

You guys do love to bring up rankings, so there you go.

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lancaster is a top 10 team in 5A and a top 100 team in the country according to calpreps.  You claimed they played no one other than SJC.  That’s not true. 

You keep talking about MD and SJB.  SJB struggled with a very average servite. Only beat them by 1 and folks didn’t miss a beat, no scrutiny, no extenuating circumstances for the game being that close, we just have to accept it was a bad game for SJB.  

What true challenges do MD and SJB have from the TL other than each other?  None!  Other than the fluke game vs Servite. So why is the TL being elevated as a great league other than the overinflated calpreps rankings?

BTW I saw JSerra and Servite and they aren’t special 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:Lancaster is a top 10 team in 5A and a top 100 team in the country according to calpreps.  You claimed they played no one other than SJC.  That’s not true. 

You keep talking about MD and SJB.  SJB struggled with a very average servite. Only beat them by 1 and folks didn’t miss a beat, no scrutiny, no extenuating circumstances for the game being that close, we just have to accept it was a bad game for SJB.  

What true challenges do MD and SJB have from the TL other than each other?  None!  Other than the fluke game vs Servite. So why is the TL being elevated as a great league other than the overinflated calpreps rankings?

BTW I saw JSerra and Servite and they aren’t special 

Your opinion is your opinion. I actually made the point earlier in the thread about Bosco struggling. So dv  plays  2 decent games on the year, nice. Think MD plays 7 or 8? If jserra plays dv’s schedule they go 9-1. Don’t think that would be a surprise to anyone either. Can’t tell me dv is as tested as anybody in the trinity league. Servite olu jserra SM have to play the top 2 teams in the country aka a stronger schedule than dv’s without question. Dv could go 16-0 and not have to see the top 2 in the country that’s pretty nice for them.   To answer your question about “challenges” you may be right but what challenges does dv face in their ENTIRE DISTRICT? None. Easy sailing into December. If dv plays how they did last weekend against anyone in the trinity they would lose, and don’t tell me lake highlands is as good as servite lmao. Say what you want about the trinity but it’s better than all district schedules in Texas. 

21 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Your opinion is your opinion. I actually made the point earlier in the thread about Bosco struggling. So dv  plays  2 decent games on the year, nice. Think MD plays 7 or 8? If jserra plays dv’s schedule they go 9-1. Don’t think that would be a surprise to anyone either. Can’t tell me dv is as tested as anybody in the trinity league. Servite olu jserra SM have to play the top 2 teams in the country aka a stronger schedule than dv’s without question. Dv could go 16-0 and not have to see the top 2 in the country that’s pretty nice for them.   To answer your question about “challenges” you may be right but what challenges does dv face in their ENTIRE DISTRICT? None. Easy sailing into December. If dv plays how they did last weekend against anyone in the trinity they would lose, and don’t tell me lake highlands is as good as servite lmao. Say what you want about the trinity but it’s better than all district schedules in Texas. 

You always keep taking things back to MD that is not the only team in the TL, that you just propped up as a group of teams having to bring it week in and week out

I actually watch a few of your teams in the TL... they aren’t that GOOD!  I’ve said that several times already, JSerra and Servite aren’t special. 

You comparing OLU to DV is a disconnect.  DV is the MD and SJB in this state.  The better comparison would be comparing south Grand Prairie to DV and other top TX teams.  SGB won’t sniff a state title without beating several top TX teams, just like OLU, SM and others in the TL.  

My point is MD and SJB aren’t challenged by anyone in the TL.  For the most part they roll right on through with the exception of a fluke game against one of them ONCE a year. 

If DV is legit they’ll have to get through SLC, Allen and either NS or Katy.  All are the elite group here in TX.

2 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Just read half the threads on this site, including this one, then come back and tell me there is no hate for CA from those “intelligent/informed/unbiased “ Texas posters.  

You are talking about 2 TX posters that have come hard on Cali about recruiting.  The rest aren’t doing that.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

You are talking about 2 TX posters that have come hard on Cali about recruiting.  The rest aren’t doing that.  

As you love to ask for proof of accusations, and trustworthiness from posters, please provide proof of “recruiting”, and tell me how “trustworthy” you think these TX posters are?

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

As you love to ask for proof of accusations, and trustworthiness from posters, please provide proof of “recruiting”, and tell me how “trustworthy” you think these TX posters are?

I’m already on record saying I have no proof. This is about the 4th time I’ve mentioned that.  

My point was the “hate” was coming from those 2 posters about recruiting.