Food of the Gods!

noonereal

21 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Throw a thin slice of mozz under the basil, and we have an accord. 👍

caprese!!!

Problem is, they won't serve the mozzarella here. Something about heart health and the chemo drugs... blah, blah, blah.

Last week I went around them, had caprese when I was out.

Don't fuckin' tell!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

caprese!!!

Problem is, they won't serve the mozzarella here. Something about heart health and the chemo drugs... blah, blah, blah.

Last week I went around them, had caprese when I was out.

Don't fuckin' tell!!!!!!!

How about at least a splash of olive oil if no on the mozz? That would be doable IMO as well. 

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

decent pasta

2 things in life I am completely and totally passionate about, music and pasta (food/wine in general but at the center of it all pasta and bread) the sauces are either home made (with the best ingredients) or from the most highly regarded NYC restaurants . I am NUTS (as you know) when it comes to these things. 

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

2 things in life I am completely and totally passionate about, music and pasta (food/wine in general but at the center of it all pasta and bread) the sauces are either home made (with the best ingredients) or from the most highly regarded NYC restaurants . I am NUTS (as you know) when it comes to these things. 

Damn, we have more in common than I want to admit

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Damn, we have more in common than I want to admit

Plus, we are both way smart, just ask us! (see how I called the Bosco win over SPP, truly the work of a genius :()

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

Going to Italy, one of the revelations was what a real bufala mozzarella is - nothing like you buy in the market.

It is amazing the differences in the same cheese, isn't it? 

Ever been to Turkey? (pre-Erdogan of course) I think we would agree on the food there too. Each night on the way home just pick up some feta, a fish just plucked from the Bosphorus  and a loaf of bread still warm. At home, a bottle of Raki and some olives wait. Good times. . 

• Like 1