Is LSU QB Jow Burrow a 1st Rounder?

RedZone

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Florida ran almost twice as many plays as LSU Saturday night....... LSU ran only 48 plays. Florida ran 90 plays and scored 28 points.

I felt like if the LSU defense could have stopped Florida a couple more times though we may have scored 60 points....it was like 3rd and long 3 or 4 times and we couldn't get Florida off the field. 

Last year LSU gave up 27 points to Florida and ran 75 plays.

Generally speaking though there is a trade-off if you score quickly.

90 plays can hurt you in some games...The INT late was big or the game may have been tied.

6 hours ago, steeler01 said:

But is he in a sophomore slump or did he peak last year? I'd go with the latter

There was no expectations for the Browns. They celebrated their first win like it was something major.  

Mayfield isn't very bright presnap, his game comes from scrambling around

I am not buying that...

I hear that the Titans have selected Tannehill as starter this week. 😝 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He starts when the starter stinks. Would we be talking about Tanehill being average if he wasn't from Texas?

I never said he wasn’t average.  Calling him average is step up for you.  Do average NFL QB’s suck?

i tried reminding you that football is team sport and that he might be a little better than you gave credit.

Not saying he is Tom Brady - you know the QB that was drafted in the 6th round 199 overall and who is better NFL QB than he was college...Why is that?  It’s little thing known as Team and Coaching - now he has mastered the art of quarterbacking because of it!!

39 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He starts when the starter stinks. Would we be talking about Tanehill being average if he wasn't from Texas?

Let's be honest Steeler..   If you say that Tannehill sucks..   What does that say about QB's like Mark Sanchez,  Jimmy Clausen,  Matt Barkley,  Josh Rosen and the list could go on but I don't have time.

13 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I never said he wasn’t average.  Calling him average is step up for you.  Do average NFL QB’s suck?

i tried reminding you that football is team sport and that he might be a little better than you gave credit.

Not saying he is Tom Brady - you know the QB that was drafted in the 6th round 199 overall and who is better NFL QB than he was college...Why is that?  It’s little thing known as Team and Coaching - now he has mastered the art of quarterbacking because of it!!

Tannehill probably is pretty average for an NFL QB..   Just like about 20 other NFL starting QB's.

There is about 8 Elite NFL QB's, 20 Average NFL QB's and about 4 on life-support regarding NFL starting.

There is about 10 NFL backup QB's that would qualify as NFL Average too.

It's about that same ratio every year too.

30 minutes ago, Texasball said:

He actually sucks ass as an NFL starter.

He's a solid back up to have.  That's it

Are you this insecure about yourself?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

Thrilled for Joe...great to see a SEO kid getting his shot. Would be pretty wild if he ended up as a first rounder...especially after being unable to win the job at tOSU.

Saw another Mock this morning that has Burrow going #1.....he's definitely trending UP..

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-nfl-mock-draft-lsu-quarterback-joe-burrow-goes-no-1-overall-to-cincinnati-bengals

• 2 years later...