Servite Smashes JSerra

Sammyswordsman

13 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

There’s only two teams in the TL that we can definitively say would beat Folsom. This is the first time in literally 10 years that Servite has even been relevant. If they played this year I think it would be a good game since Folsom is down a bit and Servite is way up. 

Isn’t your best OOS team you played was a team from Idaho lmao 😂 y’all dodge teams worse than Colquit 

32 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

There’s only two teams in the TL that we can definitively say would beat Folsom. This is the first time in literally 10 years that Servite has even been relevant. If they played this year I think it would be a good game since Folsom is down a bit and Servite is way up. 

Jserra and servite beat Folsom easily in my opinion. The veer put up 42 on ya. Better and bigger up front than folsom is, just facts. Both of those teams also have the athletes to cover Folsom’s athletes. You must not watch tape. It’s ok, folsom could fight for the #5 spot in the best league in America, not bad! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Jserra and servite beat Folsom easily in my opinion. The veer put up 42 on ya. Better and bigger up front than folsom is, just facts. Both of those teams also have the athletes to cover Folsom’s athletes. You must not watch tape. It’s ok, folsom could fight for the #5 spot in the best league in America, not bad! 

I’ll take your word for it, biased Trinity League homer. 

4 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I’ll take your word for it, biased Trinity League homer. 

I hate servite, should tell you a little something. I think folsoms good, just think everybody underestimates servite a little too much. Jserra would be really good if they figured it out at qb. Would be lying if I said I wasn’t impressed with their servites skill set. Just need some polishing. Next year you won’t have any doubt about servite.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

If they make it all the way to the State bowl this will be false. They’ll play a team far better than overrated JSerra. 

I’ve heard this uncertainty several times.  Just who might be in their way to get to the state bowl?   I don’t see any team up there that they should even be concerned with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’ve heard this uncertainty several times.  Just who might be in their way to get to the state bowl?   I don’t see any team up there that they should even be concerned with.

They’ve been pretty sloppy with the ball this season so far. If they can clean it up they should be fine but if they play careless in the playoffs I could see them getting upset. 

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:30 AM, Extremely Humble said:

I watched some of the 1st half of the MD-Servite game and it looked like they were playing a freshmen team. 

^^^This is exactly what Folsom fans don't get.  They can't fathom just how good the Top Teams are.  If they did, the statement above would have read. "I watched some of the 1st half of the MD-Servite game and it looked like they were playing a College team."

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:42 PM, Extremely Humble said:

They’ve been pretty sloppy with the ball this season so far. If they can clean it up they should be fine but if they play careless in the playoffs I could see them getting upset. 

Other than Folsom, what is the highest ranked team in their playoff bracket

LOL Servite's only claim to fame for winning anything relevant in the last deacde is losing to MD and Bosco and beating one of the most overrated teams in SoCal, in JSerra.

You know it's desperation time when they are claiming moral victories.

We get more fans out against Whitney than Servite does all season. 

God, I love our town and team :)

On 10/19/2019 at 10:14 AM, Sammyswordsman said:

You were there.  Tell us. 

Smash definitely is not the word I would use to describe what Servite did to JSerra.  Out-executed?  Outlasted?  Out-maneuvered?

JSerra's D is not bad, really.  They have some speed in the secondary and a good front.  Their problem is their offense, which is fairly pedestrian.  Their WRs got open a number of times, but the QB does not have a strong arm at all.  On one of the INTs, the WR was 10 yards passed the DB, but the QB couldn't get anything on the ball while on the move.  Even the DB had to stop to catch it.

All the talk about how Servite is supposed to challenge MD and SJB next year or the following is extremely premature, IMO.  The QB, while showing flashes, needs to get a lot more accurate.  He's got a strong arm, but he missed on a lot of passes in this game.

Although the Lions haven't looked particularly great in either of the games I've seen them play, it's hard to argue with the wins over SLC East, Bishop Amat, and Calabasas.  That said, they remind me of Valley Christian and St. Francis from NorCal.  Those teams win by sitting on your chest until you can't breathe or just give in to the weight.  SJerra seems much the same way where they'll limit mistakes and wait until you do something to give them an opening (Oaks Christian was like that last year, too).  They're not really going to blast that opening themselves on a regular basis against solid teams.

Servite's offense is more wide-open.  I'll always say that a team that can pass has a punchers chance and the Friar's passing game was/is much better... more intricate.  I don't know why teams don't use quick ins with the outside WR more often.  You can run into trouble doing that with a zone defense, but it's hard to cover in man.  Servite used this with effectiveness.  JSerra's D kept them in the game for the most part, but Servite's offensive execution was the difference, particularly with the pass.

• Like 4

On 10/19/2019 at 5:39 PM, Extremely Humble said:

Central or Serra are probably the only two that would make it interesting.

Agreed, but have been thinking about Valley Christian, too. 

The teams that have seemed to give Folsom the most trouble are physical.  De La Salle, Cathedral Catholic, Bellarmine... all of these teams had punishing running games.  VC is in this mold, too.  Whether they're ultimately at a similar level as the Bells or the Dons from last year, we'll understand a lot more when they play Serra in a couple of weeks.

On 10/19/2019 at 6:29 PM, On2whls said:

Folsom should run clear of either by three scores, even if they aren’t at their sharpest.

I don't agree.  I don't see this Folsom a being nearly as powerful as the last few teams.  Serra is far better than recent years.  I thought Central would drop a little this year, but they haven't.  If anything, they've turned it up over the last few weeks.

This year actually reminds me a bit of 2015 when everyone was sooooo sure that Folsom would roll Bellarmine.  Instead the Bells took that game.  Serra and Central are probably better than you think, although the Padres need to get past Valley Christian who may be Serra's equal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Other than Folsom, what is the highest ranked team in their playoff bracket

It's probably Oak Ridge, followed by Monterey Trail.  There's also a very good chance that your favorite SJS team may also be in D-I this year... Inderkum.  They're 8-0 so far.

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

^^^This is exactly what Folsom fans don't get.  They can't fathom just how good the Top Teams are.  If they did, the statement above would have read. "I watched some of the 1st half of the MD-Servite game and it looked like they were playing a College team."

I was saying that in response to the completely comical idea that Servite will contest Mater Dei any time in the near future Sammy. They aren't even in the same universe my man. Let me make it clear, Folsom is not in the same universe as Mater Dei either. Mater Dei is by far the best team in the country and has been for 3 years in a row. I don't see them slowing down any time soon because they just reload.

Based on what you're telling me Servite should easily be top 5 in Socal next season, but to even think they are going to make a run at the Open next year is far fetched.  

42 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I was saying that in response to the completely comical idea that Servite will contest Mater Dei any time in the near future Sammy. They aren't even in the same universe my man. Let me make it clear, Folsom is not in the same universe as Mater Dei either. Mater Dei is by far the best team in the country and has been for 3 years in a row. I don't see them slowing down any time soon because they just reload.

Based on what you're telling me Servite should easily be top 5 in Socal next season, but to even think they are going to make a run at the Open next year is far fetched.  

LOL why are you pandering to some weirdo on the Internet who lives with his mom and worships a HSFB team? Comical. 

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Inderkum looks good. They took all of Grant's athletes! 

The win over Del Oro was the signature one that program has needed for a while.  The close game over Elk Grove may have demonstrated where their limit may be.  They didn't really crush Antelope last weekend.  We'll see.  They better hope that they get either a 2, 3, 5, or 6 seed.  If they're going to compete with someone like Folsom, they'll have to play over their heads.  They won't be able to do that twice.