Let’s Go Nats!!

Bormio

On 10/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, legendsofthefall said:

Two awful ball calls on clear strikes in the zone to the same batter leads to a single and a 2 run lead again for the stros. Home plate ump trying to keep Houston in the series.

That was pretty bad.  What's worse was, game 5 in bottom 8th, the called 3rd strike to Robles I think it was.  That would have put runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and would have put a lot of pressure on Cole.  Could have changed the game IMO.  But you never know.  

On 10/27/2019 at 10:00 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Nice call... as for other calls 

Missing a call by 1.5 inches or less, give an ump a break. Ever try calling the plate when they are throwing over 80? I get heckled 5 or 6 times a game but they keep calling me back to call the plate and most of the time it's a curve ball. Of course the kids I ump for are 13-16 year olds... Not throwing over 85 unless you get that very rare special kid pitching. I caught 2 pitchers throwing over 90 and I could barely adjust to catch their fast ball when it moves... You should try it sometime. It's a rush.