What are the National Polling Experts missing with Fairfield, OH?

RedZone

Currently 9-0,  #39 at MP/Calpreps and #4 in Ohio.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/fairfield-indians-(fairfield,oh)/football/home.htm

39 Fairfield (OH)   team preview   trend Ohio Greater Miami I 9-0 7-0 (t 1st) 9-0 64.1 36.5 38-43
WINS: #76 Springfield (OH) (16-12), #374 Lakota West (West Chester, OH) (33-7), #493 Princeton (Cincinnati, OH) (37-13), #773 Hamilton (OH) (34-27), #792 Lakota East (Liberty Township, OH) (20-14), #822 Centerville (OH) (33-7), #1051 Sycamore (Cincinnati, OH) (31-3), #2748 Middletown (OH) (47-7), #4470 Oak Hills (Cincinnati, OH) (50-0), LOSSES: none

Fairfield will war with Colerain Friday night.

All these Polling Goobers stuck on Oakland, TN.......I just do NOT get it.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

I don't know maybe because all they've done is beat a bunch of Cincinnati public schools?

But, yeah, if they beat a program that hasn't won a championship in 15 years they'll finally get their respect!

So you have to beat a state champion to earn respect? 

Even you don't believe that....

Colerain is a national player...

• Thumbs Down 2

It's because they haven't beaten any name brand teams, and because most people view the GMC as Colerain' s conference until they lose. 

Also Fairfield has been very talented and well coached for awhile now, and every big game they've had, they've lost. They've had Colerain on the ropes for at least a Half each of the last 2 years, but couldn't hold it together for the whole game. 

Even Ohioans are hesitant....mainly to see if they can get over that mental hump. They certainly have the talent and look the part.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

It's because they haven't beaten any name brand teams, and because most people view the GMC as Colerain' s conference until they lose. 

Also Fairfield has been very talented and well coached for awhile now, and every big game they've had, they've lost. They've had Colerain on the ropes for at least a Half each of the last 2 years, but couldn't hold it together for the whole game. 

Even Ohioans are hesitant....mainly to see if they can get over that mental hump. They certainly have the talent and look the part.

Very well said....  not knocking Fairfield at all, what you said was right-on.  Nobody has beaten Colerain for the GMC title in 2 decades.

Fairfield is certainly capable.... but they need to beat Colerain before I am convinced.  Have to beat the Champ.....

I took Colerain based on my beliefs, and everybody in the GMC's  past track record against them.

• Like 1

PrepNation has Fairfield, OH #15 in the Midwest Region.

He gets it! 

MIDWEST
1. Mentor HS (Ohio), 9-0
2. St. Edward HS (Lakewood, Ohio), 8-1
3. Male HS (Louisville, Ky.), 9-0
4. Muskegon HS (Mich.), 9-0
5. Elder HS (Cincinnati), 8-1
6. East St. Louis HS (Ill.), 9-0
7. Washington HS (Massillon, Ohio), 9-0
8. Lincoln-Way East HS (Frankfort, Ill.), 9-0
9. New Palestine HS (Ind.), 9-0
10. Muskego HS (Wis.), 10-0
11. Covington Catholic HS (Park Hills, Ky.), 10-0
12. Avon HS (Ind.), 9-0
13. Archbishop Hoban HS (Akron, Ohio), 8-1
14. St. Xavier HS (Cincinnati), 7-2
15. Fairfield HS (Ohio), 9-0
  • Thumbs Down 2

23 hours ago, RedZone said:

Currently 9-0,  #39 at MP/Calpreps and #4 in Ohio.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/fairfield-indians-(fairfield,oh)/football/home.htm

39 Fairfield (OH)   team preview   trend Ohio Greater Miami I 9-0 7-0 (t 1st) 9-0 64.1 36.5 38-43
WINS: #76 Springfield (OH) (16-12), #374 Lakota West (West Chester, OH) (33-7), #493 Princeton (Cincinnati, OH) (37-13), #773 Hamilton (OH) (34-27), #792 Lakota East (Liberty Township, OH) (20-14), #822 Centerville (OH) (33-7), #1051 Sycamore (Cincinnati, OH) (31-3), #2748 Middletown (OH) (47-7), #4470 Oak Hills (Cincinnati, OH) (50-0), LOSSES: none

Fairfield will war with Colerain Friday night.

All these Polling Goobers stuck on Oakland, TN.......I just do NOT get it.

The best back in Ohio and a ton of athetes with size around him.  Ohio backs are always underrated until they're not.  I got them over Colerain not easy but solidly.

6 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

With Canes it's either ship or bust.  I can respect that but I don't want the excuses when a certain school doesn't get ships.

No, it's either ship or bust for so-called "national" players.

If Fairfield doesn't win a championship but gets to a Semifinal then that might be noteworthy.

But Colerain talks and walks like a powerhouse and yet their Freshman and Sophomore classes weren't alive the last time they won a state championship.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, prepsbill65 said:

Very well said....  not knocking Fairfield at all, what you said was right-on.  Nobody has beaten Colerain for the GMC title in 2 decades.

Fairfield is certainly capable.... but they need to beat Colerain before I am convinced.  Have to beat the Champ.....

I took Colerain based on my beliefs, and everybody in the GMC's  past track record against them.

The cards have never fallen like they have now.  Coaching change at Colerain with an offense that isn't all that explosive and a defense that isn't lights out.  A Fairfield team that's hungry, undefeated, solidly coached and very good defense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No, it's either ship or bust for so-called "national" players.

If Fairfield doesn't win a championship but gets to a Semifinal then that might be noteworthy.

But Colerain talks and walks like a powerhouse and yet their Freshman and Sophomore classes weren't alive the last time they won a state championship.

I get where you coming from.  Last year was a choke job imo.  They were out coached big time against St. Edward.  They should have more than 1 ship with some of the squads they've had.  It is what it is.  

42 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The cards have never fallen like they have now.  Coaching change at Colerain with an offense that isn't all that explosive and a defense that isn't lights out.  A Fairfield team that's hungry, undefeated, solidly coached and very good defense.

This team has not had a huge falling. In reality, they had to replace 4 OLineman, a QB, a FB, 2 RBs, and 2 WR's, and they got a new Offensive Coordinator. The Offense was always going to be a work in progress.

The defense is every bit as good as their past Defenses.

The 2014 team was much worse than this team.

1 hour ago, hardhit1 said:

Every year You say they will beat St Eds but you are 0-3 with your Wayne Warriors and 0-1 with Colerain

Damn you must be good at something

Still love you man 😀

I might have picked Wayne twice to beat St. Edward.  I know I did for sure the year they knocked off the undefeated Colerain squad.  If I pick someone to beat St. Edward in the ship, St. Edward is going to win.