Mater Dei 2017 schedule

Bodysurf

18 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MD tweeted their schedule. Kudos for stepping up the nonleague games. Obviously Gorman and BC are national games. St. Mary's is no slouch either. 

Sammy, isn't the game against Bergen a home game for MD?

Yes the Edison game is a scrimmage and will not count for W/L.

We play Bergen at Mission Viejo high, so while its technically not a home game for us, Bergen has the burden of travelling.  I guess you can call it a Neutral field.  MV has been quite hostile for the 3 Stripers

2 minutes ago, The Stache said:

Yes the Edison game is a scrimmage and will not count for W/L.

We play Bergen at Mission Viejo high, so while its technically not a home game for us, Bergen has the burden of travelling.  I guess you can call it a Neutral field.  MV has been quite hostile for the 3 Stripers

Right the MD/BC game is part of the Brothers in Arms classic at Mission Viejo. 

6 minutes ago, Griff said:

This is one of the stiffest schedules MD has played in years.  

More games against the TL and BNU would be incredible.  Someone should arrange a home and home series.

Experts are calling this a Once in a Generation schedule.  Basiclly we matched Bishop Gormans schedule last year for the first half, and added the Trinity league for the 2nd half. 'Then we get the Pac 5 playoffs (we still call it that) -Then De La Salle in the State Bowl

Pre league - Amat, Bishop Gorman, Bergen Catholic, La Mirada, St. Mary's

League - SJB, Servite, Santa Margarita, OLU, JSerra

Playoffs - Centennial Corona, SJB, Mission Viejo, Poly

State - De la Salle.

Basically (10) teams that will be in the National Top 100 at some point and (4) that will end up Top 10 -20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Stache said:

Also Bishop Gorman is a home game for us, but that may be moved from Santa Ana Stadium to another venue.  Those Nevada peeps will find out quickly that we won't be the normal pushover like Durango or STA.

Or SJB... the Braves are 0-2 vs the Gaels. Hopefully MD can play with some pizazz.

24 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Whatever the reason from where I'm standing it happens way to much for my taste.BG has played in NJ so I don't believe going to GA would be an obstacle 

Other than their trip to jersey in 2013, I find it funny that when they're playing a team from the South, they always host the game. I don't recall seeing BG ever making a trip to the South before. 

42 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Whatever the reason from where I'm standing it happens way to much for my taste.BG has played in NJ so I don't believe going to GA would be an obstacle 

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

GA is 0-0 because they pee themselves when the BG hot line rings

BS.... the NHSA stopped Colquitt vs BG.

ESPN is the reason Grayson-BG fell through 

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

BS.... the NHSA stopped Colquitt vs BG.

ESPN is the reason Grayson-BG fell through 

Grayson would have been sloppy seconds after their loss to IMG.  Prolly a good thing for the bishop that the game didn't go through.  

Grayson and Norcross have not demonstrated the ability to beat top 50 OOS teams, or even to keep it close. 

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Grayson would have been sloppy seconds after their loss to IMG.  Prolly a good thing for the bishop that the game didn't go through.  

Grayson and Norcross have not demonstrated the ability to beat top 50 OOS teams, or even to keep it close. 

Except for the times they have.... 

#9 Grayson 35 #1 Miami Central 3 

Grayson tried to run the Wing T vs IMG.... had they stuck to what they where used to they wouldve beaten IMG....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Also that BG-Grayson game was supposed to be week 4....

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

You can say that about norcross.... but not about grayson. I mean, they did destroy miami central and beat hoover last season

• Like 1